Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Lore Questions) How are the Entrati even alive and why are they okay with Tenno being around?

1 hour ago, Formous said:

The Tenno actually retain their abilities. What happens is the tenno Warframe of choice (saryn) gets critically damaged by Orokin era weaponry by Grandma.  The Tenno still retains full transference powers as demonstrated using Snake

The Tenno lose their warframe abilities, which are Void based. Transference is what they use to control the warframes and other objects like the Necramechs, and that is not Void based. It is a different set of abilities. Transference can be used by anyone with enough training. Ballas used Transference to control Umbra. Silvana used Transference to become a tree. Continuity via kuva is likely some form of permanent Transference, and that was common practice among the Orokin long before Albrecht opened the Void. Transference is not affected by the Void and so was still usable while the Heart was dead.

We can make a few assumptions regarding the Void. The Void is clearly based off the Warp from Warhammer 40k and Fantasy, being that it is a realm of energy of the impossible, bound to Souls(Oro), and has a immense godlike entity within it.

Well, at least you're honest that these are assumptions. I don't see any tie between the Void and souls, and the concept of Oro itself is a massive assumption, being based off of two ambiguous lines Teshin says in Conclave… and nothing else.

Whether it's canon or not is up to you, but the railjack demo showed a void storm, presumeably something which can rip reality apart in it's wake.  I don't think that came from Deimos, but instead from a open rift.

Void storms actually showed up in one of the first events ever, Operation: Arid Fear. The concept is not new. I'm not saying that the Untime door is the only gateway to the Void; I'm just saying that it's the only gateway that matters. Other gateways and portals can be opened and used to traverse the planes of existence, but they all rely on the Heart to function.

The trouble with the heart is that I would discard all concepts of it being solely responsible for tech working, because how would it be functioning the system's technology when seperated for so long?

The Heart doesn't interface directly with any technology in the System. It just allows Void energy to flow into the System, and everything else draws on the Void energy. Again, I use the analogy of a dam: water flowing through the turbine generates electricity. It doesn't matter where the water comes from. The water and the pressure it generates is all that matters. Orokin technology uses Void energy, and all the Void energy comes from the Door.

On 2020-12-04 at 6:52 AM, DroopingPuppy said:

I suspect that they are not the part of the various atrocity Orokin Empire have committed, thus they are not in our list in the first place. Not all Orokin are evil bastards, as you know. Our mother, who was murdered by foul Orokins, is an Orokin as well.

Margolis wasn't an orokin she was a Archimedean wich comprised of any race under the orokin empire

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Sirmike2529 said:

Margolis wasn't an orokin she was a Archimedean wich comprised of any race under the orokin empire

Technically, she actually was. The Orokin had a caste system which their society was structured around. Margulis was an Archimedean, which is the scientist caste. For comparison, Ballas was an Executor, which is the leadership caste. There were also the Labour caste(comprised primarily of Orokin-era Grineer clones), the Mercantile Caste(which evolved into the Corpus), and the Dax(who seemed to be a sort of Knight/Samurai caste).

On 2020-12-04 at 8:32 AM, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

How are the Entrati alive if they got assimilated by the infested? Does the infested not consume any living thing it touches like the regular enemies that we find among the infested? I get why Salad V wasn't fully assimilated because he was more valuable to the infested alive rather than as extra biomass, but if that's the case what value to the Entrati have to the infested? Surely once the son allowed the infestation to spread and get out of control he would have out lived his usefulness and been consumed by the infested along with all life on the planet.

Another thing is why are the Entrati cool with Tenno running around? The Tenno carried out a system wide genocide of the Orokin, so why are they not even remotely concerned about a disembodied armored death machine with space powers rolling up to their door? Sure they may be a dysfunctional family, but you'd think if a terminator that tried to end their species just showed up they'd all be on the same page of not wanting anything to do with it.

Maybe I'm missing something and it all makes sense, but I just don't understand how this scenario even came to be. Going off what we know the Entrati wouldn't even be alive by the time we arrive, let alone the animals that we find on the planet. The infested consume all life and assimilate the body and consciousness of its victims, so how is their even still life on Deimos? I could see small holdouts of survivors that aren't infested like we saw in the Nidus questline, but they weren't already assimilated.

Pretty sure that Kuva = highly advanced nano machines. It's even supposed to be able to reverse the void induced sterility of the sentients. So they are using future tech to slow the progression. Also perhaps the continued battle between the two worms, plays a part in slowing the progress. Afterall, our warframes, and Helminth chargers, not to mention the helmint itself, are all infested, that have not been completely turned into the typical infested we encounter.

The Entrati needed us to maintain the function of the Heart, the mechs were not effective, the Dax no longer exist, and we're the most powerful thinking weapons ever created. Without the continued functioning of the Heart, we would also suffer. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Besides, from the story Mother told us, not all members of the Orokin society, seemed to be as permanently sadistic as the others.... either that or the moral was, even the little children are sadistic AF..... I perfer to believe the first is the gist of the story.

And we know that kavats have a natural defense against the infestation, it's possible that was given to the wildlife, or that the wildlife on deimos was the origin of that trait in the kavats.

On 2020-12-10 at 3:14 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Technically, she actually was. The Orokin had a caste system which their society was structured around. Margulis was an Archimedean, which is the scientist caste. For comparison, Ballas was an Executor, which is the leadership caste. There were also the Labour caste(comprised primarily of Orokin-era Grineer clones), the Mercantile Caste(which evolved into the Corpus), and the Dax(who seemed to be a sort of Knight/Samurai caste).

Ah, yeah, I just ment she wasn't biologically orkin as they seem to he a different species or the deformed forms they currently have could just be a effect of them not switching bodies in a few centuries

On 2020-12-04 at 11:32 PM, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

How are the Entrati alive if they got assimilated by the infested? Does the infested not consume any living thing it touches like the regular enemies that we find among the infested? I get why Salad V wasn't fully assimilated because he was more valuable to the infested alive rather than as extra biomass, but if that's the case what value to the Entrati have to the infested? Surely once the son allowed the infestation to spread and get out of control he would have out lived his usefulness and been consumed by the infested along with all life on the planet.

Another thing is why are the Entrati cool with Tenno running around? The Tenno carried out a system wide genocide of the Orokin, so why are they not even remotely concerned about a disembodied armored death machine with space powers rolling up to their door? Sure they may be a dysfunctional family, but you'd think if a terminator that tried to end their species just showed up they'd all be on the same page of not wanting anything to do with it.

Maybe I'm missing something and it all makes sense, but I just don't understand how this scenario even came to be. Going off what we know the Entrati wouldn't even be alive by the time we arrive, let alone the animals that we find on the planet. The infested consume all life and assimilate the body and consciousness of its victims, so how is their even still life on Deimos? I could see small holdouts of survivors that aren't infested like we saw in the Nidus questline, but they weren't already assimilated.

Maybe something to do with the heart? Only a loose thought though.

It's been a long time since all that stuff with the Tenno. And I feel living with the infestation would give you a different perspective in life. The Entrati family also had struggles within their own family which the Tenno helps resolve. And after what they've gone through with the infestation their family is just about all they have, so I feel it's worthy of throwing away past events for repairing that.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Sirmike2529 said:

Ah, yeah, I just ment she wasn't biologically orkin as they seem to he a different species or the deformed forms they currently have could just be a effect of them not switching bodies in a few centuries

We don't know that there is a biological difference. The lore seems to suggest that there isn't. The Orokin would take new bodies, from what we learned from Teshin I believe. I think there may have been something in the Beast of Bones. 

The "deformities" we see could very well be modifications they intentionally make. Precedents exist, flattening of the baby's forehead and encouraging them to be cross eyed amongst Amerindinians, foot binding of girls in Eastern Asian, to create lotus blossom feet, tattooing and ritual scarification amongst various cultures are a lesser form. 

Remember beauty is definitely something that depends on the culture. Princess Zahra Khanom Tadj es-Saltaneh (1883-1936) was supposedly considered to be the epitome of womanly beauty in her culture and according to the history books she was widely desired. We might not agree on that, but our opinion is irrelevant, and probably based on the standards that we are accustomed to. 

Archived