Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

grasp of lohk range ?

_Anise_

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure it was already increased and looks like DE is kind of done with the idea of xaku so don't expect any major changes. Unless some youtuber finds a red crit room clearing synergy or just fun setup or build. Then they will go out their way to FIX that

Are you using the 4 range mods. sort of need them to get anywhere. :(

Edit:
I'm using Overextended, Stretch and Augur Reach and it still seems a bit short but getting use to it.

I'd be using Cunning Drift as well but want to use the 100 Defense Reduction in Gaze.

Only just picked it up again after the fail of release so learning how to use it.

It's a fun frame if you keep the 4th skill up after activating 1 and 2 then the timers keep going 15 guns going blam blam at the enemy while you move around.

Grab range is massive

Shoot range is still short because they dont want you to afk.  

----------------

Most people try to max shoot range which gets to around 22+ meters.  Still pretty short. 

I take a little more armor and duration for a more balanced Xaku and only get about 14 meters shoot range lol.  

---------------------

Having a max range Xaku is also good for syndicate medallion/ayatan hunting.   Your 4th's explosion is massive and can smash breakables and you dont have to be a STUPID EGG SUCKING LIMBO.  

13 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

---------------------

Having a max range Xaku is also good for syndicate medallion/ayatan hunting.   Your 4th's explosion is massive and can smash breakables and you dont have to be a STUPID EGG SUCKING LIMBO.  

I noticed that tonight, after popping the 4th skill I was running down a corridor a fair way away and saw stuff to pick up all over the place.

The number of guns scales with range, so they're expecting players to go with high range and don't want you to be able to stand on spawn and kill the whole map.  My engagement range is around 20ish meters with 14 guns.  Think of it more like a point defense system, rather than a long range turret.  You get a movement speed increase while your 4 is up, so I feel like the intention for these abilities is to do a lot of close range work while being highly mobile and hard to hit, and if you're fighting at distance you still have the weapons you brought as well as Deny, which also scales with the number of Grasp weapons you have up.  Anything that gets close dies before you know it's there.  You can pretty much cast your 2 and 4 and sprint through an Exterminate fissure all the way to extraction.  He doesn't even need is 3 until you get into higher levels and static point defense.  

Go get a fissure buff on Xaku and see how broken he would be if his range was better on Grasp.  I can stand on a high point in a fissure defense and terrorize the whole map with 28 automated guns.  I think everything on him is perfect as is except his 1.  It doesn't synergize with the rest of his kit in any way and is most useful at being put on other frames while being replaced with Empower on him.

He's in such a good place I'm debating on even making this response because I can feel the fun police watching.

Archived