Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino and his companion

protecttheplanet

Hi,

first of I wanna say this game is the best ever made.

Anyway,

we have invisiblity frames like loki and ash who make their companion invisible with their 2. But rhinos 2 doesnt make their companion any more tanky.

Like everyone else, my rhino has low health but a strong iron skin. Why dont we make that apply to his companion too? This way, my 300 health kavat wouldnt die so easily. Makes no sense that a lokis cat survives infinite and rhinos cat dies instantly.

Greetings,

Protecttheplanet

Vulpaphylas (and Djinn before that even) have shown that immortal Companions aren't out of the question for DE,
so not least in light of that, I'll repeat my thoughts on Companion survival:

Make all Companions immortal, but have them enter a cooldown state for their offensive capabilities
(not stuff like Animal Instinct / Vacuum / Mod set boni) when they take "lethal" damage.

That would make the current Health etc Mods / defensive options still have a purpose,
stuff like Bleed Out Mods / Regen / Reawaken would be reworked to affect that cooldown.

And while we're at it, whether or not it's in addition to the above,
make Companions invincible (and stop attacking) while you're using your Operator.

Hellminth Master's Summons so spensive 50 of energy, should resurrect companions

Vulpaphyla are hybrid companions, they are sentinels and terrestrial companions at same time, you can choose to build, i'm not sure but the kavat's skill duration mod keeps him in sentinel mode for longer, vulpaphylax can kill himself to restore his energy and give the benefits of synth mods

3 hours ago, protecttheplanet said:

we have invisiblity frames like loki and ash who make their companion invisible with their 2. But rhinos 2 doesnt make their companion any more tanky.

Generally I haven't had the need for having Ironskin armour linked to my pet through the Link Armour mod.  Instead as I use my melee more, I load up Pack Leader instead and go to town killing things with my melee.  My Kubrow, Kavat and Helminth Charger generally have better survivability because of that playstyle. 

And if you don't want to be a Berserker with a melee weapon, @NinjaZeku's suggestion of using the Vulpaphyla of the Djinn are perfect alternatives for an immortal companion by your side. 

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Vulpaphylas (and Djinn before that even) have shown that immortal Companions aren't out of the question for DE,
so not least in light of that, I'll repeat my thoughts on Companion survival:

Make all Companions immortal, but have them enter a cooldown state for their offensive capabilities
(not stuff like Animal Instinct / Vacuum / Mod set boni) when they take "lethal" damage.

That would make the current Health etc Mods / defensive options still have a purpose,
stuff like Bleed Out Mods / Regen / Reawaken would be reworked to affect that cooldown.

And while we're at it, whether or not it's in addition to the above,
make Companions invincible (and stop attacking) while you're using your Operator.

:D who needs to make a vulpa tanky when you can just make them bad ass glass cannons

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MBaldelli:

Generally I haven't had the need for having Ironskin armour linked to my pet through the Link Armour mod.  Instead as I use my melee more, I load up Pack Leader instead and go to town killing things with my melee.  My Kubrow, Kavat and Helminth Charger generally have better survivability because of that playstyle. 

And if you don't want to be a Berserker with a melee weapon, @NinjaZeku's suggestion of using the Vulpaphyla of the Djinn are perfect alternatives for an immortal companion by your side. 

thinking emoji

no i dont want to use melee only as rhino

no its not because i dont have hunters synergy or whatever its called

its just im dont wanna be restricted. i wanna melee too, but not only. 

a tenno only using 1 weapon type out of 3? why would i be fully happy with that?

"just put more health on rhino"

ok man ur missing the point. make rhino have 600 health instead of 300 but his iron skin only 20k instead of 60k? seems a S#&$ty trade off.

Building Rhino around Iron skin; e.g full armor + power

Il y a 1 heure, protecttheplanet a dit :

"just put more health on rhino"

ok man ur missing the point. make rhino have 600 health instead of 300 but his iron skin only 20k instead of 60k? seems a S#&$ty trade off.

Until a nuffier or a scrambus dispell it instantly

Anyway, an Iron skin rhino e.g no survival mods like heatlh or sheild, have a side effect of sacrifing compagnoin that realies on -link mods so you kind of need to use other mods like leader pack or sentinel.

Archived