Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Energize price

Nakhayth

Question

10 answers to this question

If DE keeps releasing events like Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom, it will only further bring down the value of the rare arcanes as they become more easily available to a general population inside those who meet the requirements of the events. 

That being said, many people may hold out on selling their extra sets in hopes to release them out slower in order to try to stimulate the price to a level they want. 

Supply and Demand.

14 minutes ago, Nakhayth said:

Should I sell or keep the ones I have

You never know what DE will release next to bring down or raise the value of anything in the game. Selling is entirely up to you. At this point with DE, you just never know. It's like trying to time the stock market, we aren't insiders, so we will only know what everyone else in gen. pop knows. Selling is entirely up to you and how much you find your time earning those arcanes to be worth. But as more players acquire the rare arcanes, the more in supply will become and less the demand will grow, thus bringing down price. 

I mean, on PSN the prices were already pretty bad since Scarlet Spear so that I dont even deem it worth my time to farm it unless I didn't have a set. On the "plus side": I was done with Orphix Venom after three days!

That being said, I'd wait until PC people respond since the economies on each platform differ.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

I mean, on PSN the prices were already pretty bad since Scarlet Spear so that I dont even deem it worth my time to farm it unless I didn't have a set. On the "plus side": I was done with Orphix Venom after three days!

That being said, I'd wait until PC people respond since the economies on each platform differ.

PSN and PC prices are different largely because there is far more plat in circulation on PC. When you say the prices on PSN are bad do you mean they have dropped a lot after Scarlet Spear or do you mean they are low compared to PC?

28 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

It will only go up if there's enough time between now and the next here's-free-arcanes event. Which means you would just be gambling. If DE decided on another event that had them as a reward, they would just drop even further.

I disagree. People are continuing to farm arcanes. The amount of them in the community is not going to go down or become stagnant, it is only ever going to increase. If people were no longer farming eidolons then the price might go up over time but in the current system I don't forsee prices going up (outside of an initial spike in the next month or two as pockets of people arbitrarily increase their prices).

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I disagree. People are continuing to farm arcanes. The amount of them in the community is not going to go down or become stagnant, it is only ever going to increase. If people were no longer farming eidolons then the price might go up over time but in the current system I don't forsee prices going up (outside of an initial spike in the next month or two as pockets of people arbitrarily increase their prices).

The people that want to buy an energize far outnumber the people that play eidolons, so unless we get a new "free arcane" event the prices will slowly rise again.

Also the amount of Energize Sets that are in actual circulation will go down too, the majority of people that buy one will not be reselling it at a later point in time.

The prices of high value stuff in Warframe is comparable to the stock market, things will (usually) slowly rise over time, like arcanes and vaulted primes always do.

But an event like scarlet spear/orphix venom and an unvaulting will hard crash those prices down.

There are some items which are less likely to ever return people trade for high amounts of plat, but the demand is also really low, so prices hardly increase over the years.

And even then, Arcane Helmets lost most of their demand when warframe arcanes became much more available, while Primed Chamber turned from "traders centerpiece of collection" to just an expensive mod everybody can have.

tl;dr

Sell your limited/timed availability when you think the prices are great, otherwise you might have to wait another year before anyone wants them again, if ever.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

When SS hit, max arcane energize could be bought for a little under 300 plat. Overtime they could have been sold for over 1,500 and then took a hit again with OV, but the drop during OV never even got anywhere near SS. 

If Eidolons were a good supply of arcanes, then their prices would've never been so high to begin with, nor would DE bother with adding them as event rewards, because well... they wouldn't be much of a reward then. There just needs to be enough time between spikes in supply to allow it to go up, which by the way, since the low point, energize has already gone up slightly.

The reason it's a gamble is because, even though prices eventually go up, DE has a heavy impact on its supply. DE is the one that decides when events occur, their rewards, and how accessible the rewards are.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Leqesai:

PSN and PC prices are different largely because there is far more plat in circulation on PC. When you say the prices on PSN are bad do you mean they have dropped a lot after Scarlet Spear or do you mean they are low compared to PC?

By bad I mean both. The prices dropped a lot and they are worse than on PC. After Scarlet Spear the price dropped from ~1500 platinum (mind you that was an old set containing 10 arcanes, ergo 150 a piece) to ~500 platinum for a 21 arcane set. Currently you're looking at roughly 300 platinum for an energize set.

Just as comparison to showcase how bad arcanes generally are valued at the moment - granted it was a WTB and not a WTS - just a few minutes ago I saw an Aegis set being valued at 50p. Personally, that's hardly worth investing multiple hours to farm a set for the purpose of selling it. Even if the prices go up a bit after the event there'd have years to go by without an event that has them as rewards AND a huge influx of new players to elevate them to a price where investing the time now would be worth it.

Again, personal opinion. I'd rather farm Forma bps, try new builds or eat a pizza in that time.

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

When SS hit, max arcane energize could be bought for a little under 300 plat. Overtime they could have been sold for over 1,500 and then took a hit again with OV, but the drop during OV never even got anywhere near SS. 

If Eidolons were a good supply of arcanes, then their prices would've never been so high to begin with, nor would DE bother with adding them as event rewards, because well... they wouldn't be much of a reward then. There just needs to be enough time between spikes in supply to allow it to go up, which by the way, since the low point, energize has already gone up slightly.

The reason it's a gamble is because, even though prices eventually go up, DE has a heavy impact on its supply. DE is the one that decides when events occur, their rewards, and how accessible the rewards are.

It isn't that eidolons are an amazing supply of the arcanes, it is that the amount of them will only ever grow. Even if eidolons are inefficient compared to the arcane rewards from events. 

The demand for them is not going to suddenly shoot through the roof, and the supply of them will only ever grow over time.

Archived