Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Show Peculiar Content" Option

PublikDomain

• 2 weeks later...

That's an interesting idea. And it would be nice if they made such adjustments. But since they likely are not going to alter where the wings can appear, don't you agree that giving players the ability to control how much "non-warframey" cosmetics they see is a preferable option to no-changes-at-all to the current situation?

• Like 2

I've got some more canvassing to do with the new Protokol skins being released, and I'll be doing some updating to the OP about them when I can get them ingame for reference pics.

But in the meantime, here are some more examples for why DE ought to implement features like this:

As anyone could have predicted, and as was obvious almost a decade ago when these skins were first announced and then cancelled for this reason, they aren't universally loved. Some people find them weird! And when people are going to have irreconcilable opinions on this kind of stuff, the best answer is to let them choose for themselves.

Edit: Also the mustaches are gone again, even though they show support for men's health issues and back in the day the community donated $17,000 to charity to unlock them :)

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-12-13 at 10:01 PM, Haenohalanodien said:

it feels like it will be spiralling degradation of cosmetics in the game(and probably the game itself).

Yep :(

P.S. please, along with a peculiar content option, implement Gara's glass breaking armor effect as a toggle as the community requested.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mycroft_ said:

along with a peculiar content option, implement Gara's glass breaking armor effect as a toggle as the community requested.

Yes please! 😻

3 hours ago, Dairaion said:

i want to be able to set all of that to show as a generic base Excal.

I would really like to see this too. When I load into a relay and everyone looks like a Excal (for a brief moment) it acutally felt cooler to me. I thought, "hey look at all these tenno". When there's some crazy colours, I just start tuning everyone out.

6 hours ago, Dairaion said:

if this happens, can we just make it a personal list of things we don't want to see?

Voruna, almost every warframe after atlas to be honest, Chroma Dynasty skin, i want to be able to set all of that to show as a generic base Excal.

That's one way to go about it, though I'm not really sure how this would best be presented or managed. There's just a lot of cosmetics to have to go through. Maybe from the hotlink/item preview there could be a "hide this" toggle in the corner? Dunno. Doing it that way would certainly give the most granularity and control over your experience.

21 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

That's one way to go about it, though I'm not really sure how this would best be presented or managed. There's just a lot of cosmetics to have to go through. Maybe from the hotlink/item preview there could be a "hide this" toggle in the corner? Dunno. Doing it that way would certainly give the most granularity and control over your experience.

you make a page attached to warframe.com and your profile that pulls up a list of cosmetics with a breaker style on/off switch. make the list searchable and have them divided by item. warframes show as generic excal, weapons as Braton, Lex, and Skana, when applicable attachments as Daedalus, and syandana is set to Yamako.

easy. i already thought this out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first time doing a 'bump' I guess? I agree with this idea. Christmas season at 2022 I tried the Spearmint Scythe skin (the candy cane), it felt silly and I kept it for a while just to go along with the festive spirit, but after a while it felt too distracting so I unequipped it.

Players can unequip their own fashion, but can't do the same to other people's fashion. These stuff does break immersion a bit, so giving player freedom to choose what they see might be a good step to make the game more comfortable.

Edited by SolStreak
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Neither did I. When I watched the TennoCon playthru demo, some design elements of Duviri lent themselves to Alice-in-Wonderland/Psycho-Punk/Psychedelic-Punk. So it's more a case of "I anticipate weirdy-beardy cosmetics".

For example Lotus Pony skin for the (I forget the name) horse.
5HrBSea.png

3 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Someone has contributed a new idea that, while not the OP's intention, I think would make a good addition to the collective request of "Show Peculiar Content Options"

Another reminder that I really, really need to get around to making a dedicated post about this :|

There are so many ability VFX that could just be an equippable like any other cosmetic. Equip the Iron Skin style you want, equip Prime/standard ability VFX, pick whether you want glass or no glass on Gara, etc.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, LillyRaccune said:

Someone has contributed a new idea that, while not the OP's intention, I think would make a good addition to the collective request of "Show Peculiar Content Options"

Alright, finally got around to it:

---

In other news, it's almost time for Easter. And you all know what that means!

hJD4eMZ.png

• Like 2

On 2023-04-04 at 2:31 AM, PublikDomain said:

Alright, finally got around to it:

---

In other news, it's almost time for Easter. And you all know what that means!

hJD4eMZ.png

another year of “guess ill ignore this because i know de has no intention of making them permanent”… that 1 credit could go towards literally anything else that im allowed to keep xd

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2023-05-01 at 7:35 PM, B.P.Emma said:

didnt even buy or pay them mind this year and i still am too 😞

We can try again this year with Dog Days' inner tube if DE remembers to run the event.

Tangentially related: how long does it take for a thread to become archived? Given the length of time this thread has existed and the overwhelming support as a Popular Post, I really don't want to lose it. Can threads be un-archived?

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

We can try again this year with Dog Days' inner tube if DE remembers to run the event.

Tangentially related: how long does it take for a thread to become archived? Given the length of time this thread has existed and the overwhelming support as a Popular Post, I really don't want to lose it. Can threads be un-archived?

i wouldnt know sorry, im not really too active here!