Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

„No Mods“ Grendel Challenge is great

BesucherPrime

I had a blast getting the Grendel parts. It felt almost like playing a different game and for the first time in a long while I had to pay attention to energy as my Wu-clone vanished a couple times.

I found this to be a harder challenge than SP. Couldn‘t we get an entire starchart mode like that? Like enemy levels around 20 to 40?

That‘d be a blast

The only thing I disliked about the „no mods-part“ is that I kinda missed some of the interesting effects, like Mecha set etc.

A more sophisticated challenge could be dividing all damage/health/armor/power modifications mods by 10 ,except for the link xxx mods, as they would be toned down by the smaller warframe buffs already. So e.g. a dual mod would net +6% damage instead of +60%.

That would be even more of a blast :) for being able to mod for such a mode

Anyhow, looking forward feeding Grendel to the evil plant mother from behind the stars

It felt almost like playing a different game

annnnnd, that's why i don't like them. it's diametrically opposed to the entire rest of the game that is all about collecting stuff and then using that stuff.
which is not about the difficulty, it's about the principle.

1 hour ago, BesucherPrime said:

The only thing I disliked about the „no mods-part“ is that I kinda missed some of the interesting effects, like Mecha set etc.

A more sophisticated challenge could be dividing all damage/health/armor/power modifications mods by 10 ,except for the link xxx mods, as they would be toned down by the smaller warframe buffs already. So e.g. a dual mod would net +6% damage instead of +60%.

that, would have been a better feeling way to go about it. i'd probably enjoy that one. Mods still exist, just aren't to the normal extreme.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

annnnnd, that's why i don't like them. it's diametrically opposed to the entire rest of the game that is all about collecting stuff and then using that stuff.
which is not about the difficulty, it's about the principle.

that, would have been a better feeling way to go about it. i'd probably enjoy that one. Mods still exist, just aren't to the normal extreme.

do you guys remember old dark sector mode

clan VS clan or solo with specter Vs bots?

you start with all mods locked and unlock them during the fight , and they rank up

it was so cool

9 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

do you guys remember old dark sector mode

you start with all mods locked and unlock them during the fight , and they rank up

i wasn't really feeling it. too MOBA-like for my taste.
and Conclave later on felt much better overall. PvP with the standard Mods was not great. PvP with Conclave specific Mods, is more interesting.

I haven't played way back then :/

solod the no mod challenges; had a lousy bug on the defense challenge that gave kitty it's mods back after rezzing. She was shredding like there's no tomorrow 

The challenge reminded me of the time when I was a newby. I solod until Kelpie which I could't finish. In my first party ever, I was superslow, still using a bow and throwing knive (the kind of style I did chose at the start) hiding and ended up with like 0-1% damage total and a Gauss part XD

I did not have enough energy most of the time to use abilities, my weapons did not do much, so I just slam attacked my way through the levels with Fragor Prime, which was very effective, but also very boring. So thanks, but no thanks, I don't want more of this bunny hopping

Am 17.2.2021 um 05:45 schrieb Dunkelheit:

I did not have enough energy most of the time to use abilities, my weapons did not do much, so I just slam attacked my way through the levels with Fragor Prime, which was very effective, but also very boring. So thanks, but no thanks, I don't want more of this bunny hopping

Good point, this is actually very SP viable, tried that on an Arca Titron. Was kind of funny for a run

Good solition would be removing the lifted status and halve the radius on heavy slams. 

The main problem for me was the sheer length of each mission (solo btw). Painfully boring, and i felt so clunky and slow (QOL mods like attack and sprint speed, energy regen etc). I had to abuse my heavy slam attacks just to cc and damage enemies, which made the experience even more tedious and repetitive.

I dunno, i want to like it for its interesting approach, but in the end i hated it more than liking it.

Am 21.2.2021 um 01:22 schrieb (XBOX)Helverin:

Haven't done it yet, to busy exchanging vitus essence for Kuva. But isn't it possible to cheese the whole challenge via operator, magus husk, magus vigor and virtuos Trojan? At least my operator nukes relatively successful till ~lvl 50.

You press ‚5‘ and nothing happens.

Am 20.2.2021 um 21:04 schrieb Kaggelos:

The main problem for me was the sheer length of each mission (solo btw). Painfully boring, and i felt so clunky and slow (QOL mods like attack and sprint speed, energy regen etc). I had to abuse my heavy slam attacks just to cc and damage enemies, which made the experience even more tedious and repetitive.

I dunno, i want to like it for its interesting approach, but in the end i hated it more than liking it.

Actually, I think it is indeed a bit long.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb OwlOfJune:

I felt it could be an extra challenge thing for bored players with some non-exclusive awards, but like someone else said, they would be much better to be short. Like 10 min/rounds. Anymore is just feels dragged on.

Yes, kind of what my thinking is :)

But more like a ‚selectable‘ similar to SP would be nice. Btw, I horribly failed the defense Grendel mission on SP XD

Archived