Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Creation/Decoration - Painful

(XBOX)mantis345462

Just left the clan I joined at MR newborn after deciding I wanted to build my own dojo.. I’m MR 30 and approx 2k hours in.. I can see now why I joined a clan rather than building my own. If you thought decorating your orbiter was painful, wait until you get a load of the dojo construction system. Some early highlights for me:

*12 hours to build the smallest of hallways and 2 hours to destroy it after you put it in the wrong place (you can rush the build but not the destruction for some reason).
* There is no way to map or plan out what you want to do unless you use an external app or site.

* No ability to move previously constructed rooms around. You have to destroy and go again.

I know this is probably the very last item on any DE to-do list but someone should take a look at it... maybe give it to a couple of interns looking to impress?

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)mantis345462 said:

If you thought decorating your orbiter was painful, wait until you get a load of the dojo construction system

I can’t say I find the Dojo decorating system any more annoying the the orbiter one. The dojo is not meant to be a quick build. You should expect it to take a few weeks to get it how you want it to be. 

Also, just an FYI: if you have suggestions you should put them in the Feedback section. DE is more likely to see them there.

Yeah , it is a rather long process and takes a lot of effort and planning , but

when you sit on your throne under horizontal waterfalls overlooking a majestic wolf in a ampitheater made of gold while ice stalagmites give off a cool fog,

Or you sit in the cockpit of your own personal mega mech 

Or you stroll through a drydock that looks like the rebel base on hoth /yavin 4 

Or walk through the star gate while your subjects kneel in subjugation ,

Or just knock back a few in the local pub with robotic barkeeps and ambient seating 

Or many many many other amazing locales 

You will feel it was worth it.

ya it is painful yet tempting to start a new project, normally after I got an idea, then I draw the draft and start building the hall, it takes about 1 week to decorate a themed hall and few weeks or month to touch up here and there. It is better to draw a draft first, if not waste of time and resources. After you get it nicely designed, it is very satisfying but the process is painful haha but I still like to decorate whenever I have free time. You dont have to force yourself though, you can just decorate it bits by bits, no need to rush. 

Building system is wack but decoration system looks like it was designed by someone who later worked on Kuva Lich system. Or early versions of Blender UI. The difference is, in 7 years Blender UI was significantly improved, whereas dojo decorator stayed the same - twitchy, finger breaking hammer-saw-screwdriver with random accuracy digital grid.

this thread... ALL of this thread.

I'm so glad it's not just me that thinks the Dojo Decorator mode seems more like a final boss since you have to fight with it the entire time you want to decorate. that moment when you're about to place something and it suddenly decides to rotate 180 degrees upside down because the nearest surface looked at it wrong..

I'm aware some people have managed to master the system, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved for the rest of us mere mortals. probably won't get changes any time soon as it's not a high priority, but lord, I want to see some improvements eventually...

Archived