Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech mods?

Steel_Rook

Question

The last time I played with my Necramech was around the time they came out. At the time, Necramechs were only usable in Free Roam maps and could only be resummoned on a 3-minute cooldown. As a result, I built my own Necramech very heavily around the "headrush" ability, since it was needed to move from mission to mission. Well, it seems like DE added a whole bunch of mods in the interim, as well as changing how Necramechs in general work. I'm pretty sure my old builds are pointless, but I'm kind of wondering... What IS useful now? What kind of mods would you guys recommend for my Necramech?

For context, my build is currently incomplete because I... Kind of gave up on grinding Free Roam. However, it's also very basic. I'm using the standard stand-by of Vitality + Steel Fiber + Redirection and I don't really see a reason to get rid of those. Maybe I can get rid of Redirection, but Necramechs are... A bit squishy. That's actually why I'm looking at Repair and Rage. Would those be worth getting? Rage is... Well, just Rage and I've used that on a fair few high-health Warframes. The Voidrig (which is what I have) seams reasonably tanky with 3000 base HP + 400 base armour. But what about Repair? That looks like souped-up version of Medi-Ray, except triggered only at low health. Is it worth investing in?

I also have a few mobility-centric mod. I'm currently running Slipstream and Hydraulics for Slide and Jump, Thrusters for just more stamina and I got rid of Refuel because the 20% buff seemed... Irrelevant? But I'm kind of wondering if it's worth keeping even these. I don't see myself using Necramechs in Free Roam maps a great deal (largely because I don't play Free Roam all that much anyway), but DE keep talking about letting us use them in indoor missions. Would a 60% Slide speed buff even be relevant in those circumstances? I mean, the Jump buff I'm absolutely keeping since it gives my Mech its only source of real verticality, but slide? I only got it because I used Headrush to travel long-distances on the Cambion Drift, and I don't need to any more. Now that I can recall my mech with no cooldown instead of resummoning it on a 3-mimute cooldown, I can just pop out and use my Archwing to travel. No point buffing Rush, is there? Seems like it would be fast enough for indoor use anyway - not that I'd know. I missed Orphix Venom.

So... Any ideas on what mods might make sense? I know we can't actually use our Mechs indoors yet, but it'll take me time to acquire the mods. Might as well plan ahead.

6 answers to this question

The following mods that most Necramechs will need:

1. Vitality
  2. Steel Fiber
  3. Redirection or Rage
  4. Intensify
  5. Flow
  6. Streamline
  7. Hydraulics
  8. Slipstream
  9. Thrusters

Necramech Repair isn't too necessary unless you're doing long Endurance runs such as doing Steel Path Orb Vallis. Combat Discipline can fill in for healing Voidrig.

The other mods are up to you to decide:

• Necramech Continuity (Both)

Minor, but it helps out the channeled energy drain on Voidrig's Guard Mode and Bonewidow's Exalted Ironbride.

• Necramech Friction (Both)

You will be sliding/charging more than sprinting or hovering. That holds true to Bonewidow over Voidrig.

• Necramech Pressure Point/Reach/Fury (Bonewidow)

Either of the two of the three are recommended on Bonewidow as those mods will stack with the Ironbride. I prefer from left to right priority: Fury, Pressure Point, and Reach.

41 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'm currently running Slipstream and Hydraulics for Slide and Jump,

EDIT: Even in closed Star Chart tiles, I would recommend keeping the two. Combining a slide/charge then a jump together would create the Necramech equivalent of a Warframe's Bullet Jump.

Engine Max + Engine Eficiency is all I use for engine mods. 

I use hydraulics,   dashing does not feel good and is extremely hard to steer.  With the above two mods running is not a issue.   The only time I run out of engine is when i have bonewidows sword out and moving around.   

I use rage on both mechs.

Void definately uses mech repair just for a tiny bit longer survival ability.  

Bonewidow instead of Redirection for +shields.   I use Deflection for +shield recharge.   To take advantage of shied gating.   Not that he needs it but it just makes him way tougher.   I also only use fury and pressure on bone and not reach,  You can stick a reach mod on his weapon...  

About the only mod I dont use on my mech is range lol.  Neither of them really benefit from it.  Or Augur Shields that was from orphix event.   Neither of them really needed that.  

--------------

The majority of mech mods are down in the iso tunnels.  You can do isolation vaults for 3 rolls,  or you can do the arcana bounties for 5 rolls at loot.   If your after mods I suggest the Arcana.   Each tier has different mods at different rarities.   Bounty rewards also rotate every 2 and half hours which changes the mods.     Orphix/Father only had 2 good mods.  Rage, Mech Repair, uhhh one other....     The rest of the mods come from Loid and or actually drop rom mechs....  

Important mods: efficiency and duration, rage and repair.  Really you can otherwise go with a really sloppy build and be just fine.  Voidrig's arquebex just nukes otherwise.

I'm pretty sure the new mods don't have a permanent home in the game yet.  I'm hopeful they get added with the next big patch.

Gathering every last necramech mod isn't that hard.  There just aren't that many of them.  What might be a bigger concern is that some of the new mods might be locked behind railjack if/when they come back, so you might want to brush up on that.

42 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

Gathering every last necramech mod isn't that hard.  There just aren't that many of them.  What might be a bigger concern is that some of the new mods might be locked behind railjack if/when they come back, so you might want to brush up on that.

Just as a quick aside before I start - don't worry about it. I'm a whale, I'll probably end up buying the mods from other people. I've had a look through Warframe.market and they seem pretty cheap. If they end up being locked behind Railjack, then that's fine. I actually like Railjack and have mine pretty well built - at least for the current game version. Chances are I'll need to rebuild it for Railjack 3.0, but I'm fine with that :)

2 hours ago, Duality52 said:

EDIT: Even in closed Star Chart tiles, I would recommend keeping the two. Combining a slide/charge then a jump together would create the Necramech equivalent of a Warframe's Bullet Jump.

I never got to play Necramechs indoors. Is that really worth doing? I'm really not the sort of player who just bull-rushes past all the enemies to get to the objective and - like with Free Roam - I can just duck out of the Mech to travel long distance if needed. I'm speculating quite a bit here, but it seems like basic movement should be enough for the Mech. I'll definitely keep the high jump as so much of the game is designed for verticality, but I'm not sure how much of it is designed for sliding. I guess it might be useful on the larger open maps of, like, Jupiter?

Necramech Repair isn't too necessary unless you're doing long Endurance runs such as doing Steel Path Orb Vallis. Combat Discipline can fill in for healing Voidrig.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Void definately uses mech repair just for a tiny bit longer survival ability.  

I think this is worth getting into. Necramechs are generally... Not that tough. At 4350 health and 760 armour, my Voidrig has I believe 15 370 EHP. That's not bad, but it's less than even a basic Inaros/Nidus/Atlas build, and I can't slap Guardian + Grace on it, either :) Storm Shroud does help, but it doesn't help much - not against high-level enemies. It's just 1200 health + whatever damage it takes during activation, so generally not much. No 100K Iron Skin here, at least I don't see how. I WAS going to say that Necramechs also have terrible energy economy, but Rage might help there. Basically, I think it's worth keeping Repair just because Mechs aren't as tough as Warframes.

... Or would you figure it's simpler to let it die and resummon it? I'm kind of operating on the same train of thought as I would modding my Warframe, but those aren't easily replaced. If my Warframe goes down, I need to use up a Down and pay an XP penalty. If my Necramech dies then uh... Oh no? Big whoop? I can just wait 3 minutes and resummon it - same as using up my Archgun ammo. It still seems like a lot of healing, though. I'm a "tank" player by nature, so this really seems like something I should have.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Bonewidow instead of Redirection for +shields.   I use Deflection for +shield recharge.   To take advantage of shied gating.   Not that he needs it but it just makes him way tougher.   I also only use fury and pressure on bone and not reach,  You can stick a reach mod on his weapon...  

Do you figure it's worth going without either and tanking damage directly to health? I'm trying to figure out if either Voidrig or Bone Widow can behave closer to an Atlas or a Grendel, where shields don't matter but armour + health + sustain is enough to survive. I think that's the big thing for me at this point. If I can survive off of health and healing, I can use Rage for the added energy and probably have a fairly stable character out of it.

• Necramech Pressure Point/Reach/Fury (Bonewidow)

Either of the two of the three are recommended on Bonewidow as those mods will stack with the Ironbride. I prefer from left to right priority: Fury, Pressure Point, and Reach.

Yeah, I suspected as much. I don't think I'll be using any melee damage mods on my Necramechs, though. This one's a bit more of an ideological thing. I'm of the opinion that Necramechs should have shipped with Archmelee weapons, rather than trying to bundle melee into the Mech itself. I understand it benefits Bone Widow, don't know that I want to do that either way. Still holding out hope DE will fix their own system and give us proper Necramech melee. It's bad enough that I'm spending so many mods on mobility.

Although I guess I could just NOT use mobility on the Bone Widow and use melee instead...

Either way, thanks for the help, everybody. That's cemented quite a few things in my mind :) Now we just need content for me to actually USE my Necramech in.

Archived