Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 9 Test is a joke

Craige_Lobo

scratch that, the whole stealth is a joke, and the enemy awareness, I've been stuck here for a whole while now cause i keep getting detected when they haven't even spotted me, how the hell can you get spotted on top of a pillar at round 2????? i just wanna level up and i can't git gud because the whole stealth gameplay is a joke, if that was meat, Gordon Ramsey would've spat S#&$ on it the whole day and prolly would make a documentary about it. four days DE, I've been trying to get the hell outta that test for four days. I'll take every criticism regarding this topic wholeheartedly so feel free to do so, 41 days of playing the game 41 days and that's prolly not even worse than the upcoming ones.

OH THERE WAS? 41 DAYS OF GAMEPLAY AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT? yeah right bub, everybody knows that pretty well than you do, practiced the test, did the same thing i did in that test, guess what? they detect you up on a pillar out of their line of sight, if that ain't bullS#&$ idk what is

22 minutes ago, Craige_Lobo said:

scratch that, the whole stealth is a joke, and the enemy awareness, I've been stuck here for a whole while now cause i keep getting detected when they haven't even spotted me, how the hell can you get spotted on top of a pillar at round 2????? i just wanna level up and i can't git gud because the whole stealth gameplay is a joke, if that was meat, Gordon Ramsey would've spat S#&$ on it the whole day and prolly would make a documentary about it. four days DE, I've been trying to get the hell outta that test for four days. I'll take every criticism regarding this topic wholeheartedly so feel free to do so, 41 days of playing the game 41 days and that's prolly not even worse than the upcoming ones.

Wisp stays invisible as long as your jumping around. Easy peasy.

hace 24 minutos, Craige_Lobo dijo:

OH THERE WAS? 41 DAYS OF GAMEPLAY AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT? yeah right bub, everybody knows that pretty well than you do, practiced the test, did the same thing i did in that test, guess what? they detect you up on a pillar out of their line of sight, if that ain't bullS#&$ idk what is

Maybe you're not worthy, tenno

I don't know what pillar you were standing on but I only got detected when I stepped too far beyond the edge. The pictures are taken before a Grineer stopped at the corner in front of me

Where I stood here, didn't get detected.

Spoiler

yC9ltSy.jpg

Toes of my left foot over the edge, didn't get detected.

Spoiler

2jRedCH.jpg

The heel of my left foot on he pillar and the rest over the edge, I got detected there.

Spoiler

2jRedCH.jpg

I don’t know about the 9th level, for me the real "madhouse" is the 8th level. I don’t know how anyone goes, but after the update, the passage became, well, I don’t know, ..... Well, how can a farframe jump to the top in flight? All reviews are not clear how they are made. And don't mention the training room, nothing ..... nothing comes out, and I don't want to break the keyboard, and the key combination does not solve anything.

Stealth in this game is stupid broken. It's a joke that DE ever expects it's players to stealth with how cheap and random enemy detection is

Once DE tried to change the "do an exterminate without triggering the alarm" nightwave challenge to "dont get detected at all"
That change stuck for a week, and was reverted almost immediately after they attempted to do it on stream and realized it was nearly impossible.

Enemy's detection range is full line of sight + sound, including seeing or hearing other enemies die which is almost impossible to account for unless you have maxed out enemy sense and are paying very close attention to the map. Some enemies can detect you when you're invisible and silent just because. And sometimes, for no reason at all, enemies that aren't suppose to be able to do that still do, through walls, 7 rooms away. They're not suppose to full agro you unless they see you directly... but sometimes they just do anyways.

I get agro'd by enemies in open worlds outside of the range that they render at.

any companions other than shade make stealth just outright impossible.

I went thought the stealth tests patiently sniping enemies from the spawn point with silenced weapons. and it would still take me several tries cus occasionally they would see me, even abusing hitscan to fire around corners you shouldn't be able to. or I would miss an enemy and they'd spot me as I went to the objective thinking I killed all of them

Ivara's projectile controlling ability might be greatly helpful. I forget if any of the stealth ones disable abilities or not though

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Ivara's projectile controlling ability might be greatly helpful. I forget if any of the stealth ones disable abilities or not though

Abilties are disabled for MR9 test. I did it recently enough to recall that.

But seriously, just use Xoris and blow everything up. It's a melee weapon, so obviously it's room-nuking is silent.

Worry not, because the MR9 test can also be completed without having to be a good at stealth. You can just equip a throwing melee weapon and kill-off your targets from a good distance when they are out of their comrades sight. All you will need will be a throwing melee weapon and some basic observation skills.
(But really MR9 is so easy that its broken. Throwing mele should be disabled or the enemy sight range should be increased for it to even be called a stealth test...)

On 2021-03-20 at 4:35 AM, Craige_Lobo said:

OH THERE WAS? 41 DAYS OF GAMEPLAY AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT?

This is the Tenno Slogan that sums up the Warframe Experience

You'll be saying this more in the Future when you do Stealth Missions... Fortuna Content.... Hell even something as Basic as Crafting as these Hidden Knowledge you wish the game told you....

Now...back to the Topic at hand.

On 2021-03-20 at 4:35 AM, Craige_Lobo said:

practiced the test, did the same thing i did in that test, guess what? they detect you up on a pillar out of their line of sight, if that ain't bullS#&$ idk what is

It's not just your Imagination.... The test probably is Bugged.... Apparently I did this test before they changed how the AI's perception works so I honestly can't tell you how to beat it now...

But if I remember correctly.... Being Fast is more important than being Sneaky.... The AI should patrol around the level in a Fixed Pattern.... You just have to memorized the first 15-20 Seconds of every Enemies movements at the start of the test and then plot your own Path to Smack each Enemy one at a Time.... The faster you do it... The less likely it is to Bug out.

It should be easier now with the whole Melee Rework thing....

On 2021-03-22 at 5:58 AM, PollexMessier said:

Once DE tried to change the "do an exterminate without triggering the alarm" nightwave challenge to "dont get detected at all"
That change stuck for a week, and was reverted almost immediately after they attempted to do it on stream and realized it was nearly impossible.

Oh that... Yeah I did that one.... Took me about 5 or 6 Attempts I think....

Like everything else in Warframe I tried to that Challenge as I was trying to do something else (Sortie, Syndicate Mission, Another Challenge that also happens to also work on Exterminate)... But this challenge was so Botched that I couldn't lump it in with my other Grinds.... So I focused on this one exclusively until I beat it (Did it using Maim Equinox on Level 5 Exterminate)...

On 2021-03-22 at 10:36 AM, Zeddypanda said:

But seriously, just use Xoris and blow everything up. It's a melee weapon, so obviously it's room-nuking is silent.

You get this thing early in the Deadlock Protocol Right ? Seems like a Practical Solution.... 

Since They needed it I wish DE would atleast soften the blow and Install a Free Potato in it....

Glaives got Reworked too so that makes things better....

I had to do this test long before Melee Rework.... Now that was Epic Frustration 😮 !!!

I believe Redeemer was the Meta back then since it use to be Silent.

On 2021-03-22 at 1:14 PM, (PSN)Wolf_von_Saturn said:

Every now and than a player comes along and makes the exact same MR9 post because he is expected to do ONE STEALTH MISSION IN A NINJA GAME, but he or she has no or negative ninja skills

Ninja Game ? 🤔

Long gone are the days of being a Space Ninja.... We are Genicedal Farmers now.... 😐

Lotus: "Use your abilities to..."

Also Lotus: "You can't use your abilities."

I don't remember it being like that last time I was leveling a character, a dog's age ago. But that was presumably before a slew of changes to stop Loki just trivializing MR tests. Anyway, I got through it after a couple practice tries to learn patterns, or more precisely, gauge the extent of Grinner macular degeneration over the centuries.

Then on the actual attempt, I got to the third platform with all three tries intact, and threw the first one away just to spawn the Grineer so I could better time my jump onto the platform to take advantage of their positioning. Rather than get invested in a run that starts with a mad scramble for cover, instead of a quick hat trick of takedowns.

From the practice tries, I knew this would start me over with the first two platforms cleared and the Grineer on the third already visibly patrolling their routes.

Hadn't thought of bringing a throwing melee weapon, though. That's thinking outside the box, right there.

On 2021-03-31 at 4:15 AM, ZokuGojira said:

Then on the actual attempt, I got to the third platform with all three tries intact, and threw the first one away just to spawn the Grineer so I could better time my jump onto the platform to take advantage of their positioning

This happened to me too 😮 !!!

Archived