Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack crew Engineer vs Defender

RazerXPrime

Question

With the new crewmembers and the roles you can assign them I was wondering if there's any real difference between Engineer and Defender. Will an engineer simply stand by for enemies to destroy the ship so he can repair it or will he aid in the defense. If the latter is the case then what would be the benefit of having a defender role?

7 answers to this question

Engineer will defend up until there's something to repair, at which point they'll do that that over defending themselves. Defenders won't.

The real question is, why have defenders when gunners will drop what they're doing to defend the ship?

21 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Engineer will defend up until there's something to repair, at which point they'll do that that over defending themselves.

This has been my observation as well.

21 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The real question is, why have defenders when gunners will drop what they're doing to defend the ship?

Is that true? If so, that explains what's been happening on my ship. I have two gunners and one engineer, and I always wondered how my engineer (with bad combat stats) was able to kill the entire boarding party almost immediately.

57 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

This has been my observation as well.

Is that true? If so, that explains what's been happening on my ship. I have two gunners and one engineer, and I always wondered how my engineer (with bad combat stats) was able to kill the entire boarding party almost immediately.

Which type of weapon did you equip him with? If it's a fully modded "ball -buster", their combat stats seem to matter very little.

Archived