Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack problems and suggestion how to make it great

TeaHawk

After playing for a couple of days and almost maxing out everything I may need for mission this is a list of problems followed by suggestions.

Problems:

1. RJ feels like a space bus-driver simulator.

I understand that older gameplay was too simple. But now you have flooded the space-ship gameplay with madnatory traditional mission objectives (defense, extermination). Don't get me wrong. These missions are good. Corpus ships design is absolutely amazing. But I've started to play railjack because I wanted something new gameplay-wise. Now I've spending more time clearing the objectives than flying around actually. That's the problem!

Maybe you should add some more focus on team work in space and huge space battles. Maybe add something else than simple fighters and crew ships. What about titans, huge liners and so on, which can be destroyed by ONLY using your rail-jack, but it would be easier if someone lands and sabotage them.

Currently my experience as a pilot when playing with my friends resembles to a space bus-driver. I like it, but there should be something more. Please consider adding more RJ-focused huge space battles. That would be great.

2. Matchmaking. Please, I dear you, please, add at least an option to start a public mission as a host on your railjack. I'm obliged to play in solo-mode only because I'm never getting a chance to pilot my ship I've invested so much into and I'm quite fond of.

3. New corpus ships lack points of interest and content.

This is a real crime. New corps interiors are totally gorgeous. I've been really astounded. It is huge, straight, pure and beautiful. There's a lot of hidden passages. But... There's nothing to look for! You're just rushing towards the main objective each time. There's no premise to observe this beauty. There's no hidden content to look for.

Where is a quite simple way to improve this. Just add some hidden cashes/loot. And this loot must be worth looking for. Add some statues, add some forma/weapon parts/high amount of endo/kuva/credit cashes. At least It might be interesting to investigate these beautiful ships before rushing to the objective. Please consider this, It is important.

4. Lack of replayability and farmable content.

Here it comes the main problem of rj which remains unadressed.

On railjack missions currently you can efficiently farm only stuff valuable for railjack. You get some endo and credits as rewords, indeed. But it is too little, to slow to be in par with other game-modes more focused on that. And then there's nothing special to be found on these missions.

You introduced orphix missions with a small chance of getting arcanes as reward. But it has such a low drop-chance, it is so hard at current state, that there's very little chance someone would be crazy enough to farm anything there.  And then in all of these missions there's a lot of RJ wreckages as potential drop. It is good for someone who is still building once's ship. But personally I've ended up with everything almost maxed out. I have a couple of guns to infuse, and it will be done. There must be a couple of mission without rj RNG drop focused on something else than RJ components as a main drop.

And then practlically speaking, RJ currently serves to nothing in terms of farming. I have a solution to this problem:

- Add missions with good drops of endo/wf parts/kuva whatsoever WITHOUT RNG RJ components drop.

- Add weekly/dayly railjack alerts. We have freaking corpus ships flying around! Add a weekly/daily missions where you can get onto a corpus ship and steel credits. Like steal 1.000.000 credits from corpus in Veil! Why not? It's not that much: you can farm this on Index in half-an-hour. But here it could be more interesting. It will bring some players.

- Same for kuva. Add a weekly/daily mission where you hunt down a huge grineer kuva-tanker, and get some kuva. It should be a mountain, but something worth trying. Give railjack its role in overall gameplay.

There's a lot of potential for rj. But you should really consider making it more valuable.

5. Mod system and energy.

I don't see any reason for reverting an actually good avionics system. It was really good. If you really think that players were not playing railjack beacause it was "too comlicated" you're thinking wrong. It was a good system with honest farm. Now you need lots of endo, formas and stuff to achieve the same level. As someone mentioned in the previous post. I'm not going into details. It was already done:

23 hours ago, Azrael_V said:

Consider this:

1 maxed rare Avionic =3810 Dirac ONLY                                                                                                                                                                                                                                1 maxed rare New Mod= 30690 Endo + 1 482 372 Credits + possible Forma to fit said mod

Scrapping Cost

You needed to scrap 17 MK3 parts ONLY @ 225 Dirak/MK3 part to rank a previously rare avionic.                                                                                                                                Now you need to scrap 137 MK3 components @ 225 Endo/MK3 component + 1.5 million credits to rank a new rare mod.                                                                                          Now you need to scrap 410 MK3 weapon wreckages @ 75 Endo/MK3 wrackage + 1.5 million credits to rank a new rare mod

Expand  

You gave me a r3 booster with about 180k endo. It's good. I've reached the pinnacle quite fast. Cannot complain.

But what about new players, who never used rj prior to this update? How are they supposed to invest so much in a mode, that currently does not bring anything to the main game? Think of this. You'd better give these booster to some new players, since it is now really hard to start from scratch on rj. Harder than before.

Then energy... Flux energy sytems was good. I cannot find a single reason to revert it to warframe energy. Not simply it is not logical to feed a huge ship with some flimsy orbs designed for warframes, but it is also broken gameplay-wise. I can refill my energy with many different abilities without crafting at all. It's not too easy... It just does not feel right.

Don't get me wrong, DE. I love this update, I love Railjack. I've been enjoying it from the start and I really wish it could be a game-changer. But you should really consider all these points to achieve this goal. I really hope that new void-storms will bring something exiting, something that will put RJ on top. But before nerfing it down, think twice.

UPD:

Random Ideas just to give you an example of mission what personally I think would bring players to RJ:

I. Fortuna saviour.

Corpus wants to transport something really bad to Orb Vallis. There's a huge transport ship that is bringing something threataning the whole colony. You're on call to stop this. It will be a huge open-space battle with a lot of small objectives, but mainly focused on head to head engagement. It is possible to destroy the corpus ship wihout landing on it. But:

1. It will be much harder, as ship protections will shoot you. And weak points are hard to focus on.

2. You will not get any potential rewards that may be found on this ship.

3. There are prisoners that will die, if you don't save them. And this may harm your realationship with Fortuna.

As a reward you may get:

- Tons of resources, ores and stuff, since it is a transport ship.

- Fortuna standing.

- Some bp for newer or older content.

- Cosmetics and gliphs.

II. Kuva Hunter

Now you're atacking a huge grineer Kuva-transporting tanker. Your main objective is to prevent it from reaching the deposit point, there is a point of no-return. You cannot destroy it untill its defenses are shot down by players. But you can still slow it down. That means that 1 team should focus on on-board combat to shut down defenses, meanwhile the other team on RJ should take down engines and weak-points to slow down the ship.

If no one is slowing the ship down, the mission will fail, because the on-board team has no time to reach the objective.

As a reward you can have a good amount of kuva, and some other stuff.

III. Space pirates.

We are space ninjas. But we got a ship. Why not to be space pirates now?

You can board on huge Corpus ship and steal all valuable it is hiding. Maybe a weekly mission where you can get 1.000.000 credits as a reward for you bravery... or rather insolence!

What do you think about it?

I like all of these suggestions, and I would like to expand on your space pirate idea.

Right now, in the optional points of interest, you go in, hack one console, and then extract. That is boring. I think it would be cool if you had to solve an environmental puzzle or minigame similar to the Lua puzzles. Then they could introduce a mission type called Scavenge, in which there would be multiple such points of interest as the main objective, and each one would give the same kind of rewards that the current optional console-hacking POIs do, for a more dedicated farm.

42 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

1. RJ feels like a space bus-driver simulator.

I understand that older gameplay was too simple. But now you have flooded the space-ship gameplay with madnatory traditional mission objectives (defense, extermination). Don't get me wrong. These missions are good. Corpus ships design is absolutely amazing. But I've started to play railjack because I wanted something new gameplay-wise. Now I've spending more time clearing the objectives than flying around actually. That's the problem!

Maybe you should add some more focus on team work in space and huge space battles. Maybe add something else than simple fighters and crew ships. What about titans, huge liners and so on, which can be destroyed by ONLY using your rail-jack, but it would be easier if someone lands and sabotage them.

Currently my experience as a pilot when playing with my friends resembles to a space bus-driver. I like it, but there should be something more. Please consider adding more RJ-focused huge space battles. That would be great.

Agreed. The big boys should only be mini-bosses or during more space-focused game types (which there should be, RJ has that option), but having some dogfights would be appreciated.

I'm not opposed to there being grounded missions at all - if anything, a good balance is the ideal. But we've got 'RJ-focused' and 'Ground-focused', but no middle ground right now.

42 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

3. New corpus ships lack points of interest and content.

This is a real crime. New corps interiors are totally gorgeous. I've been really astounded. It is huge, straight, pure and beautiful. There's a lot of hidden passages. But... There's nothing to look for! You're just rushing towards the main objective each time. There's no premise to observe this beauty. There's no hidden content to look for.

Where is a quite simple way to improve this. Just add some hidden cashes/loot. And this loot must be worth looking for. Add some statues, add some forma/weapon parts/high amount of endo/kuva/credit cashes. At least It might be interesting to investigate these beautiful ships before rushing to the objective. Please consider this, It is important.

Again, agreed.

55 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

4. Lack of replayability and farmable content.

I'm reserving judgement until Update 30 here. Partly because it's adding void storms which very much are 'railjack content that affects the rest of the game', I get the feeling - especially since Consoles are getting the Corpus Proxima bundled - that the Corpus Proxima regions and gamemodes are more of a testbed for the Railjack changes themselves. With that in mind, it makes sense that they'd hold out on the good stuff for the big update, especially as it's also a milestone update as well and a number that's internally significant (rank 30, MR30 etc).

59 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

Then energy... Flux energy sytems was good. I cannot find a single reason to revert it to warframe energy. Not simply it is not logical to feed a huge ship with some flimsy orbs designed for warframes, but it is also broken gameplay-wise. I can refill my energy with many different abilities without crafting at all. It's not too easy... It just does not feel right.

Pretty much this. The only thing I like is  the Railjack being able to restore player energy, and that's for an entirely separate reason - it just makes sense that the player's ship can restock their supplies.

29 minutes ago, NeoRetro10K said:

Then they could introduce a mission type called Scavenge, in which there would be multiple such points of interest as the main objective, and each one would give the same kind of rewards that the current optional console-hacking POIs do, for a more dedicated farm.

It might be a great idea for a story mission as well. You've been fighting sentients and got warped in a long forgotten ship cemetery. You RJ engines need to be repaired in order to warp back, but you have no resources yet. You must drift along the wreckage and find all items required to go back to safety. Unknown ancient danger is hiding in these long forgotten old-war era battle-ships or rather what remains of them.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm reserving judgement until Update 30 here. Partly because it's adding void storms which very much are 'railjack content that affects the rest of the game', I get the feeling - especially since Consoles are getting the Corpus Proxima bundled - that the Corpus Proxima regions and gamemodes are more of a testbed for the Railjack changes themselves. With that in mind, it makes sense that they'd hold out on the good stuff for the big update, especially as it's also a milestone update as well and a number that's internally significant (rank 30, MR30 etc).

The idea is great on paper. But since it's DE, the thing I mostly afraid of is pre-release nerfs. I hope they are really making this part of gameplay rewarding.

32 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Pretty much this. The only thing I like is  the Railjack being able to restore player energy, and that's for an entirely separate reason - it just makes sense that the player's ship can restock their supplies.

Yeah. There must be a source of warframe energy on such a great battle ship.

1 hour ago, TeaHawk said:

omg THIS!

Many questions...

Many things dont make any sense with this update.

Why repair hull in the forge when the railjack itself regen hull/HP?

Why link warframe energy to railjack ? 

Why exterminations and defense missions on railjack? Where is the skirmish  missions? (sabotage battle stations like in grinners maps) Not extermination inside  but out killing fighters/crewships.

Why derelict always showing up? I know the derelict in grinner maps was too rare there but now they ALWAYS show up.....not much interesting.

Why so many OP crew killing invaders and repairing?  The crewmembers are so OP that im thinking to remove to have more work for myself!

Warframe looks like now is fully operated by bots....! Sad but true!

I agree with your suggestions. Everything now in railjack corpus its a mess.

Archived