Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why can't I do this to my predasite ?

_Anise_

unknown.png

I hate how Kubrow's look thats why I SPENT MONEY to make him look different.

yes above is a kubrow! (not a charger) why can't I apply the same paid for cosmetics to my predasite (basically a reskinning kubrow) too ?

Because Predasites (and their counterpart Vulpaphyla) are modular in nature, the varied compounds that let you "create" them affecting their overall model. MOAs, if you forgot (or didn't know), are also modular and have no cosmetics either. So, personally, I wouldn't expect cosmetics for them right away, if at all.

44 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

yes above is a kubrow! (not a charger) why can't I apply the same paid for cosmetics to my predasite (basically a reskinning kubrow) too ?

Because it is a Kubrow cosmetic. And the infested pets are not just reskins. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb NinjaKitsune56:

Because Predasites (and their counterpart Vulpaphyla) are modular in nature, the varied compounds that let you "create" them affecting their overall model. MOAs, if you forgot (or didn't know), are also modular and have no cosmetics either. So, personally, I wouldn't expect cosmetics for them right away, if at all.

But to be fair, Predasites and Vulpas use the same mesh structure as Kubrows and Kavats so putting any Kubrow/Kavat Skin onto them overwriting the modular look we created shouldn't be a prob. I mean.. A velocipod skin for K-Drive was also perfectly doable.

I don't understand what is to gain by not letting people spend money on existing cosmetics for these pets ? even if "they aren't a reskin" (citation needed) there isn't anything stopping DE adding something that tells the game "use metus skin on this pet" making it load the appropriate rig mesh skin etc

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

But to be fair, Predasites and Vulpas use the same mesh structure as Kubrows and Kavats so putting any Kubrow/Kavat Skin onto them overwriting the modular look we created shouldn't be a prob. I mean.. A velocipod skin for K-Drive was also perfectly doable.

They do not share mesh structure, maybe the skeleton it's the same... I think you are confusing both terms. Also, Velocipods were designed to be ridable with a similar function to K-drive since their introduction, so the implementation maybe was easier. Think predasites/vulpaphylas suffers the same issues that zaws and kitgun surpassed not long ago, since they were also unable to share skins with similar regular counterparts due the apparience being attached to some stats code-wise.

Just now, _Anise_ said:

I don't understand what is to gain by not letting people spend money on existing cosmetics for these pets ? even if "they aren't a reskin" (citation needed) there isn't anything stopping DE adding something that tells the game "use metus skin on this pet" making it load the appropriate rig mesh skin etc

There is a lot behind the scenes mate, as I've said in my post, zaws had some stats attached to the visuals so they were unable to use skins for regualr counterparts until not long ago. I think it's a matter of time we will see cosmetics working for Predasites/Vulpaphylas, just like zaws and kitguns can right now (in fact, some kitguns/zawa still have visual issues with some skins)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

They do not share mesh structure, maybe the skeleton it's the same... I think you are confusing both terms. Also, Velocipods were designed to be ridable with a similar function to K-drive since their introduction, so the implementation maybe was easier. Think predasites/vulpaphylas suffers the same issues that zaws and kitgun surpassed not long ago, since they were also unable to share skins with similar regular counterparts due the apparience being attached to some stats code-wise.

Fair point. I just had the model in my head didn't think that it could mess with the modular item values. Since the item is build and the stats fixed their shouldn't be an issue to wrap another skin around, at least not as overwrite. But if that story goes back to zaws and kitguns I was thinking in the wrong direction. 

Just now, vanaukas said:

They do not share mesh structure, maybe the skeleton it's the same...

that is also true of the helminth charger and kubrow, the metus skin is interchangeable between the two, not saying "unlock all cosmetic items" just the ones that already can already be applied to everything.

another example the new~ish Khora skin bundle can apply to any breed of kavat including Khora's extra cat! just not to vulpa's

15 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

that is also true of the helminth charger and kubrow, the metus skin is interchangeable between the two, not saying "unlock all cosmetic items" just the ones that already can already be applied to everything.

another example the new~ish Khora skin bundle can apply to any breed of kavat including Khora's extra cat! just not to vulpa's

Yeah, I understand your equest but I'm letting you know that some modular stuff (kitgun/zaws) already had this issue, and even if it was surpassed (the stats were tied to the visual/mesh part) still has issues with some skins (like nikana zaws, bugged since like a year). I believe we will see cosmetics unlocked for both Deimos companions in the future when they are able to "unlock" the stats from the visuals. I don't udnerstand why they needed to do it on first place, but thats the issue.

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Also, Velocipods were designed to be ridable with a similar function to K-drive since their introduction, so the implementation maybe was easier.

There's also the detail that Velocipods aren't permanent rides and, as such, cannot be modded, where K-Drives are permanent rides (as well as moddable.)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Velocipod skins are just tugged from the Velocipod files and modified for the K-Drives.

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

the stats were tied to the visual/mesh part)

oh I actually kind of get you now, like they hard coded elements to work based on the mesh rather then setup variables, kind of bad but if they did that I can understand why it might be difficult, but yeah they should NEVER make it that work that way unless they are bad.

9 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

MOAs, if you forgot (or didn't know), are also modular and have no cosmetics either.

Not entirely true. They may not have any skin cosmetics, but they do have the behavior modules that you can buy. They can also use lich ephemeras too.

DE will probably at some point make cosmetics specifically for the Deimos pets.

Archived