Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New idea to progress in warframe

Jadous

OK so i was thinking of a way to progress more in warframe but without it being easy, mainly targeting the veterans or people that have a lot of free time on their hands. So my idea is adding a new mechanic that could give players a sense of limitless progression. Now i know a lot of you will disagree but hear me out. so basically we have this new type of "forma" but its not actually a forma and what it does is it works like a regular forma but instead of changing the mod polarities you actually add 1 stat for warframe/weapon etc. in order to avoid powercreep every 5 of this "new forma" (so reset weapon rank or wf rank 5 times) and you will be able to add 1 hp,1 shield, 1 damage, etc. now this "new forma" could be hard to obtain on top of that. what we are left with is an endless way for the players to slowly get stronger and having a reason to play the game because of a sense of progression. Please share your thoughts below even if you disagree say why and lets discuss this.

(numbers could be adjusted as DE sees fit but still i thought that is an interesting little something for players that like to main a certain warframe or weapon even if its out of meta or weak while giving it a constant feeling of progression).

No, i dont see it working well. In the end it would raise the bar too high, as content would need to scale higher to accomidate this.

What might be better is a reworked Focus tree, that not only includes all focus schools, but has 100 - 300 nodes, some which give small bonuses to basic stats (like a node that gives 3% sheild boost or something) and some that give other bonuses. Then include a prestege option that allows player to reset the focus tree to gain points for a second tree only consisting of reward based buffs (more credits dropped, increases chance of mod drops, ect).

1 hour ago, Jadous said:

so basically we have this new type of "forma" but its not actually a forma and what it does is it works like a regular forma but instead

Maaaaan... forma, that's not forma but it works like forma but... hahaha

1 hour ago, Jadous said:

add 1 stat for warframe/weapon etc. in order to avoid powercreep every 5 of this "new forma" (so reset weapon rank or wf rank 5 times) and you will be able to add 1 hp,1 shield, 1 damage,

My Inaros begs for that 1 HP... oh boy!

To be serious if you add +100HP then some enemy will do 100 more damage making your "progress" into 0.

And as for stats:

- HP - does that "+ 1 HP" adds to base HP or after all mods? Working hard to get "1 HP" at the end would be ridiculous.

- Shield - it has to be higher value as you need either very huge or very small shield. There is no place for "in between". If it was some kind of shield regen... then yeah.

- Damage - is this "+1" for all damage types or... what? Still, we have mods that do more than this. You would have to get % instead of constant value.

- what about other stats? I could see adding some status or crit chance for some weapons that has low status chance.

Archived