Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volatile is a waste of time and that's a shame

Zeddypanda

Volatile has direct competition in Exterminate.

Corpus railjack Exterminate is:

- Fairly quick

- Can't be lost

- Not stressful

Volatile is:

- Not faster

- Can be lost

- Stressful

- Requires rank 4 engineering and having some titanite saved up, but doesn't tell you until the very end.

I think it's a fun and interesting game mode, so that's why it's such a shame I still opt to never play it. Exterminate gives me the same rewards, yet I can't lose and I don't have to waste time shooting forward artillery targets at the end.

Especially with void storms, the risk of too much crap going on and having my mech blow up, losing me the mission is too high to even consider. If I wasn't already not doing void storms, I would certainly avoid any void storms with volatile.

Disruption got this right. It's fun and interesting, but far more importantly it lets you consistently get good rewards quickly. Volatile needs appropriate rewards in order to be more than just mastery fodder nodes, or at least the possibility of losing the mission must be removed.

There are only 2 necessary missions in Railjack Revisited - Venus corpus exterminate and Veil corpus exterminate (can't remember the names of the nodes). Everything needed to max the 'jack and collect the useful stuff (basically, the Athodai) are available in those missions. 

9 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

That said, you're looking at the Eidolon hunts (cap instead of kill). DE would need to take some time to perfect and polish those rewards.

I dunno if you have to go that far! The shining example I can think of is disruption, which technically doesn't give more rewards than excavations, but really it does because you can consistently choose your rewards pool. Here's what could have me play Volatile happily:

- Same reward pools as defense in the same proxima.

- No overheat/engineer interactions: Pool C

- Any overheat/engineer interactions: Pool B

- Critical overheat / Completely stabilized by engineer: Ignore your original objective, leave nothing alive. Reward pool A.

- Ash grind suddenly bearable.

25 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Since Volatile is a "reworked" sabotage mission how about we include caches there with it's own unique drop table? It would at least add some replayability there and encourage exploration. 

You want another drop table? There's already 3 in volatile missions and 5 in Voidstorm volatile missions lol

On 2021-04-18 at 8:13 PM, Zeddypanda said:

- Ash grind suddenly bearable.

I still prefer Eximus for Oberon and Manics for Ash.

The new RJ mission nodes should drop new stuff, and those Primes that were perma-un-vaulted? They should have been placed on RJ Void Storms so there's a chance you get bonus ducats while relic cracking (kinda like bonus Kuva from Kuva Siphon related missions)

Archived