Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amazing grendel QoL

Vahnstahd

3 minutes ago, Vahnstahd said:

A fantastic qol change for grendel would be to apply gloom energy drain formula to grendel. Cap his energy drain at 10 enemies swallowed for X amount of energy per second. Please do this DE <3.

infinite energy drain scaling should not exist anyway, it should literally be considered a game design flaw, and i don't say that too often

Just now, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

infinite energy drain scaling should not exist anyway, it should literally be considered a game design flaw, and i don't say that too often

I agree I don't get grendels infinite energy drain scaling lol, seems like it'd qualify more as a bug than a feature.

Needs to happen.

The whole premise of Grendel is being able swallow entire hordes of foes and for his appetite to be insatiable, not to spit them out five seconds later when he runs out of energy.

Nice to see more threads about this popping up, hopefully the developers will take notice.

4 hours ago, Dualice said:

Needs to happen.

The whole premise of Grendel is being able swallow entire hordes of foes and for his appetite to be insatiable, not to spit them out five seconds later when he runs out of energy.

Nice to see more threads about this popping up, hopefully the developers will take notice.

I was of this mindset for a long time but recently i put together a caster build on grendel and the only time i ever run out of energy is when i abuse the meatball too much. Otherwise he effectively sucks and spits pretty well.

I rarely have more than 5 enemies in the stomach at any time though.

On 2021-05-01 at 8:25 PM, Leqesai said:

I was of this mindset for a long time but recently i put together a caster build on grendel and the only time i ever run out of energy is when i abuse the meatball too much. Otherwise he effectively sucks and spits pretty well.

I rarely have more than 5 enemies in the stomach at any time though.

Can you share da build plz :) 

2 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Can you share da build plz :) 

Sure.

Aura: Brief Respite
Exilus: Cunning Drift
Mods: Primed Flow, Overextended, Vitality, Blind Rage, Streamline, Hunter Adrenaline, intensify, Stretch
Arcanes: Arcane Energize, Arcane Grace

The third ability doesn't do super well against grineer but against corpus and infested it is a decent AOE. Kills enemies very fast.

The build uses all abilities so I don't have a subsume in this loadout. 

I have suggested this several times, it'd go a long way to making grendel better.

However I'm sure if they cap the energy drain at 10, as they should... they'll likely cap the number of enemies he can store at like 30 or something. Which would be fine, that's around the terminal capacity he can reach before the drain just makes you instantly vomit them out anyway.

Archived