Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm sick to death of fissures but I still need forma

Drasiel

With corpus Queenpins on the horizon and more Lich weapons coming, I'm losing motivation to play. I need forma but I loathe the thought of playing another fissure mission. I'm sick of the gottagofast explosion and power spam of pub fissures, I'm tired of the massive decrease in efficiency if you play them solo, I'm sick of the corrupted, I'm exhausted by the bright void flashes. I'm begging you please give me another method for getting forma we need so much now just to master or build weapons. Cycle it through steel path, arbitration, or nightwave stores. Let plague star return. Just give me something, anything to break up having to unendingly run fissures. There's no point in wanting new frames or weapons because it just drags me back to fissures. I'm starting to hope I won't like new items because it means I can avoid running fissures until at least the next release.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

You can buy three for 35 platinum. If you get any prime parts during your fissure runs trade it for plat and buy some.

with how common forma requirements have become to the game that's not really a good suggestion. Potatoes? Slots? great one to one return always feels like it's worth spending money and supporting the game. Forma? You need it for dojos, you need it for building weapons, you need it for Greater lenses, you need it for exilus adapters (weapon and warframe), you need it for mastering weapons, you need it for endgame builds.

13 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I mean... If you play the game like it's your job, then you probably shouldn't be surprised that it starts to feel like work.

Even if you don't play the game like it's your job there is one single source for forma.  You play that one thing long enough and it doesn't matter what it started out as it becomes a nightmare.

12 hours ago, Genitive said:

Take a break, seriously.

I already have been taking breaks it doesn't change the fact that even when I go play other games when I come back I have to go right back to playing fissures because warframe's "end game" activities revolve around forma and finalizing builds. The rank 40 items have just compounded this issue.

Do you guys not want more options for farming such a core item to warframe progression? Are you really happy just running fissures until the thought of it makes you sick?

2 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

This is the reason that I, personally, run Void Storms. Way more fun, and with high chances of getting a forma.

Screw efficiency, make sure to enjoy the moment more ^^

Void storms are new, and have the bonus of having side farmable items, however they're just fissures with extra steps. Which isn't a bad thing and I'm glad it changes it up for you, I just really want an option that gets me away from the whole fissure effects, behaviour, reactant, and faction.

16 hours ago, Drasiel said:

with how common forma requirements have become to the game that's not really a good suggestion. Potatoes? Slots? great one to one return always feels like it's worth spending money and supporting the game. Forma? You need it for dojos, you need it for building weapons, you need it for Greater lenses, you need it for exilus adapters (weapon and warframe), you need it for mastering weapons, you need it for endgame builds.

Exilus Adapters are 20 Plat on the Market, as well. I hate to be "that guy" but Forma, Catalysts, Reactors and the like are this game's primary cash shop resources. The game makes acquisition of these things deliberately onerous relative to how often they're needed specifically because you're supposed to buy them. I would have ragequit this game long, long ago if I were still trying to earn all my Forma. It's one of the reasons I claim that Warframe isn't so much "Free 2 Play" as it's a paid game with a free trial.

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Exilus Adapters are 20 Plat on the Market, as well. I hate to be "that guy" but Forma, Catalysts, Reactors and the like are this game's primary cash shop resources. The game makes acquisition of these things deliberately onerous relative to how often they're needed specifically because you're supposed to buy them. I would have ragequit this game long, long ago if I were still trying to earn all my Forma. It's one of the reasons I claim that Warframe isn't so much "Free 2 Play" as it's a paid game with a free trial.

Exilus adapters, catalysts and reactors are in a way better place than forma as you only ever need 1 per weapon at most and more often than not you don't even have to bother. If you are putting forma into an item you're gonna use at least 3 in the majority of cases often more. Side note about exilus adapters they actually end up costing 3 forma every time because you need 2 to build them and one to fix the starting polarity because it's always wrong for god only knows what reason.

I've posted other topics before about how the way forma is handled in the game long ago passed out of viability with the changes in acquisition from the void relics to the mandatory need of it for endgame play. When forma was first added it was a prestige item and it was plentiful, you didn't even need it as a core part of progression. That changed while the sources of forma acquisition didn't, and the volume of forma we could acquire decreased. The community didn't agree with me that forma should have a review because "fissure missions is easy and I should git good". I'd hoped that people would be more willing to accept the idea of alternate sources. Warframe has regularly added more options to attain mandatory endgame items because it's healthier for the game and healthier for the players.

I don't really care if people think it's not going to change, what I want to know and what DE tends to care about is if other players want it to change as well. I can't be the only one burning out on fissures. I'm not even trying to affect the bottom line by making them more plentiful I just want to play something else.

Archived