Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing melee attack speed mods from giving a percentage bonus to a flat one

GuardWarg

If DE intends to slow down melee, I feel this is a more effective doing it. Similar to what they did to the melee range mod change, it will nerf the extreme speeds already fast melee weapons can attain while buffing slower stuff since they benefit more on flat bonus due to their low attack speed stat.

The Kronen Prime and Nami Skyla Prime used to considered junk primes prior to the changes to melee range modding, it would be interesting to see which melees will rise and fall if nothing else.

48 minutes ago, GuardWarg said:

If DE intends to slow down melee, I feel this is a more effective doing it. Similar to what they did to the melee range mod change, it will nerf the extreme speeds already fast melee weapons can attain while buffing slower stuff since they benefit more on flat bonus due to their low attack speed stat.

I think what they need to do is let us set some speed (per weapon category would be nice but globally would be fine I guess) and calculate damage/status/etc from it. You would get some weapon that has "good speed" but it's not overpowered.

1 hour ago, GuardWarg said:

Similar to what they did to the melee range mod change, it will nerf the extreme speeds already fast melee weapons can attain while buffing slower stuff since they benefit more on flat bonus due to their low attack speed stat.

Uh, im pretty sure that will only make weapons that are already fast be faster.

Rather than changing all the atk speed mods, why not just add a new mod that adds a flat atk speed increase? This way ppl can pick between the two. Otherwise just make it exclusive to slower weapons. 

Example: GS might benefit more from a flat atk speed mod, meanwhile daggers/1h swords might prefer something like fury

7 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

Rather than changing all the atk speed mods, why not just add a new mod that adds a flat atk speed increase? This way ppl can pick between the two. Otherwise just make it exclusive to slower weapons. 

Example: GS might benefit more from a flat atk speed mod, meanwhile daggers/1h swords might prefer something like fury

This is a bad idea. Flat increase does not work. For the reasons you listed.

It would be far too good on some weapons and far too bad on others. Weapons with fast animations like nunchaku would be disproportionately more powerful with a flat increase.

10 hours ago, Leqesai said:

This is a bad idea. Flat increase does not work. For the reasons you listed.

It would be far too good on some weapons and far too bad on others. Weapons with fast animations like nunchaku would be disproportionately more powerful with a flat increase.

Hence why I said to restrict it/make it exclusive to some specific weapon types 

Archived