Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Barely whelmed at Level 31 rewards

(PSN)shellhopper

So I made it a point to reach legendary 1 as soon as I  could. I was poised. I had done every available thing as far as I could for mastery. I knew how many weapons or frames it would take to make the rank. I was ready. When I saw the update I knew it was going to happen, this was not a "make it by 2 points" like it was for first week of rank 30, there were plenty of things to make the rank with. 

And I was excited.  I thought this was an achievement.  I was tired of mastery rank tests, and I'd checked a few days ago, the hallway hadn't been extended. Maybe there wouldn't be a test, or maybe it would be something new and interesting, like a scavenger hunt. 

I played for extra hours, I wanted to be the first person in my clan to make the rank... and I made the mastery cutoff.

What? A mastery rank notification as my mission finished? Off to the relay. 

No, please don't tell me. They extended the hall. More mastery rank tests.

Ok, the test isn't that hard. High armor frame, big bang primary, done. 

And now to the awards list... and I'm whelmed. Maybe underwhelmed.  Maybe I got the wrong one? I felt slapped. 

+5000 daily focus limit -- except that I capped all my operator schools by MR 27 or so, and I have no use for focus, and I never got close to the daily focus limit. 

+50 Void trace storage. A truly legendary reward!  How about +500?

+1 Legendary core...except that I have over 100 million credits and 1 million endo. I guess I could give it to someone in my clan. It is more portable than statues. 

But here is the biggest slap in the face: 500 daily standing limit.

As long as daily standing limits have existed in this game it has been 1000 points per level.  I see that you wanted to give people a faster start, and that you made the crossover happen at 30 so that no one would lose. 

Did no one think that those of us who have been playing for years and who have searched out every weapon and mastery point in the game might be trusted to not abuse the lifting or perhaps doubling of caps?

Instead, we get half the increase we are used to.  Those of us who made legendary 1 never saw any benefit from the new system. We scratched out our standing, and the standing increase was, perhaps, the biggest driving force in making mastery, long term. We are used to a 1000 point increase, why not give us one? 

And, by the way, I can only use that 500 cap with Little Duck if I throw away standing. 

So, in the spirit of the group who refunded all those argon crystals to people who had farmed for them to make their railjacks early so that they could melt in their inventories, please rethink this. 

Make the rewards for legendary 1 decent, please?

At least make caps for legendary ranks 1000 per.

Because 500 ain't legendary, it's ordinary!

And here I thought that this would be extraordinary, even legendary. 

Gerade eben schrieb (PSN)shellhopper:

+1 Legendary core...except that I have over 100 million credits and 1 million endo. I guess I could give it to someone in my clan. It is more portable than statues. 

Yes. the rank is pointless.
besides, who can guess that a mr31 could need something like that at all?

the logic does not exist.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Legendary cores are always viable... Are you kidding me?

You realize the game receives content updates, right? That means more mods (including primed mods) come out. Legendary cores are nice to have at any level.

And if the core isn't appealing you can sell it for some easy plat. 

Honestly this is a hilarious thing to complain about and people need to get over it. Especially since DE originally said Legendary ranks were prestige ranks (no rewards at all). Be thankful you get ANYTHING instead of whining like children.

13 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

I'm half way to 31 and  got atleast 6+ prime mods that unranked that I won't spend my limited endo on but a legenadary core might be worth using on them.

With new 10 rank mods getting added it a welcome treat. I take 1 legedary core over 15 riven slots as those are pretty much useless.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Emolition:

I'm half way to 31 and  got atleast 6+ prime mods that unranked that I won't spend my limited endo on but a legenadary core might be worth using on them.

With new 10 rank mods getting added it a welcome treat. I take 1 legedary core over 15 riven slots as those are pretty much useless.

well...
just what helps you then 1 leg core? Of course, it depends on where you play ... you could theoretically only play normal earth missions. but players i know have at least 200k endo and heaps of sculptures + mk3 junk. everyone can easily convert it to 1m endo ...........

leg core would only make sense if there were super mods with extremely many levels later. or a cool reward for beginners with little idea.

IMO, especially since they're now adding irregularities like the Invigoration system, each legendary rank should give all your gear +1 mod capacity at base (+2 with a reactor/catalyst). And it makes sense, as everything in this game (at least initially) maxes out at rank 30, just like our mastery now does. But now we're over ranking, similar to lich weapons.

And this is a reward worth the grind, that isn't overbearing like the login primed mods (i.e. new players can actually work towards/around it), and makes sense with how expensive build are becoming with each new 12-16 rank mod that is added.

4 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

IMO, especially since they're now adding irregularities like the Invigoration system, each legendary rank should give all your gear +1 mod capacity at base (+2 with a reactor/catalyst). And it makes sense, as everything in this game (at least initially) maxes out at rank 30, just like our mastery now does. But now we're over ranking, similar to lich weapons.

And this is a reward worth the grind, that isn't overbearing like the login primed mods (i.e. new players can actually work towards/around it), and makes sense with how expensive build are becoming with each new 12-16 rank mod that is added.

It isnt quite what you are suggesting but we do get more mod capacity past rank 30. It just applies only to things that can already go past 30 (lich weapons, plexus, nechramechs).

I dunno if getting higher mod capacity on all weapons is an acceptable solution. It is an incredibly powerful buff that separates those who have from those who have not in a pretty significant way.

9 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

well...
just what helps you then 1 leg core? Of course, it depends on where you play ... you could theoretically only play normal earth missions. but players i know have at least 200k endo and heaps of sculptures + mk3 junk. everyone can easily convert it to 1m endo ...........

leg core would only make sense if there were super mods with extremely many levels later. or a cool reward for beginners with little idea.

I sit around 100k endo  that 3 prime mods only and you screweed and have to farm months to get any more rank 10 mods up. I was sitting at 1-2mil credits for like 6 years before I finally started to make credits now i sit just above 20mil. Thx to not having to spend 1mil for I'm not ranking up the mods im unsure of.

Legenary cores would allow me to try mods that might be intesting but to expensive to rank up.

So, do tell - how's the view from that ivory tower of yours? I'd complain from it too, if I was there - it must be exhausting, having to climb all those stairs just to get to your rightful height above the peasantry

Seriously, if you're so flush with riches that you don't even need a legendary core at this point, why are you even complaining about rewards at all? You have everything you need, pretty much by your own admission. If it's that much of a burden to get the rarest item in the game for completely free, then sell it for some of that platinum that other people pay real actual money for, which is a thing that this game lets you just... do... unlike pretty much any other similar one.
And if you still want to complain about free money, I really just don't know what to tell you anymore

10 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

In general, just no. The sheer reward you accumulate just getting to this level, and the standard MR rank up rewards, should be enough. This is a perpetual game, for as long as it lasts. We have no idea how high MR is gong to go, so just letting the power level just go like that with all the games other problems will likely just create another version of elitist. Not only would they whine about forma rewards (because of their pile they would use less), but literally anything that you can mod in this game would be innately more powerful for them (which, now that I think more about it is people whining about them instead of them whining). I could see it applying to the "over cap" stuff, but only after you've forma'd it and only up until rank 40.

3 hours ago, DaraSilverDragon said:

You have everything you need, pretty much by your own admission.

This is why I held off on commenting. At MR 31, one has accumulated so much that nothing in rewards will be enough, because they have it already, or possess the ability to get it whenever they feel like. So the only thing left is what (from where I'm sitting) is ego-stroking. Things like the hood ornament and Master's blessing, things which can be lorded over everyone else. Why should I thank someone for grinding the crap out of this game? Or buying everything as it comes out?

Personally, I prefer MR over 30 being tied to nothing. Not because "DE said so", but because once MR hits 30, the old MR rewards are meaningless and I don't want DE having to invent new ways of placating people who have done everything. If MR is supposed to be a reflection of familiarity with weapons (see: Steve's love of citing Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon), then at 30 you should be done with rewards.
It also really annoys me that there's not a way to actually discuss this. No matter what you say, someone's gonna hang you for it, no matter how nice you try and be. The problem is "how do you reward someone who has done literally everything?", and my solution is "give them a desk ornament and move on". There's no good answer to the question.

6 hours ago, DaraSilverDragon said:

So, do tell - how's the view from that ivory tower of yours? I'd complain from it too, if I was there - it must be exhausting, having to climb all those stairs just to get to your rightful height above the peasantry

Seriously, if you're so flush with riches that you don't even need a legendary core at this point, why are you even complaining about rewards at all? You have everything you need, pretty much by your own admission. If it's that much of a burden to get the rarest item in the game for completely free, then sell it for some of that platinum that other people pay real actual money for, which is a thing that this game lets you just... do... unlike pretty much any other similar one.
And if you still want to complain about free money, I really just don't know what to tell you anymore

Cheers GIF by NBC

I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff, but after the big list of MR30 prizes, I expected something  a little more dazzling.. Like an exclusive skin, or armor set.. or maybe bump our relay blessings up to 50%.

I hate to sound ungrateful, but daily standings and legendary cores aren't really something any of us need at these ranks 😕

13 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

so just letting the power level just go like that

There's almost no build in the entire game where this would induce "power creep". It's simply a nice little reward from the game saying "you know, you've forma'd and leveled so much sh*t to get here, now you have to do it slightly less so". It'll also increase build diversity since I won't be hard locked into the 7 polarities I had to put onto my pistol to make my build work. And of course there can be a cap, one like the +10 mod capacity lich weapons get is fine and will take years to reach.

10 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

There's almost no build in the entire game where this would induce "power creep". It's simply a nice little reward from the game saying "you know, you've forma'd and leveled so much sh*t to get here, now you have to do it slightly less so". It'll also increase build diversity since I won't be hard locked into the 7 polarities I had to put onto my pistol to make my build work. And of course there can be a cap, one like the +10 mod capacity lich weapons get is fine and will take years to reach.

I'm sure one exists, especially since I have builds currently that are on non-Kuva weapons where everything is maxed and polarized, and there's stuff I can't fit. Besides, imo, nobody should get special treatment like that for normal weapons, period. You got there by playing by the same rules as everyone else, you should have no problem continuing to do so.
You also never even implied a cap, though that doesn't change my opinion. MR should be treated the same at MR 2 as at MR 60. You shouldn't get an "internet cookie" of any real magnitude for momentarily 100%ing the game. Also, bear in mind, this would be applied to everything. Weapons, 'mechs, Companions, the lot. To me, Nobody should get +10 mod cap on all their frames, just because they did a bunch of grinding.

Also, people don't seem to want to address the fact these ranks won't stay as a "you momentarily 100%ed Warframe" forever, so any rewards you offer will be offered to someone who did less "work" at some point. The "100% club"  will be far and away, but new people will be reaping the same rewards, which means it needs to be fair not just to people now, but people possibly 5yrs+ from now. Now, I don't often 100% a game, I'll admit it. The games I do 100% are games I just enjoy playing, so the 100% is just a "yea, I know, but that won't stop me from starting a fresh run". I don't understand this need of getting "internet cookies" or anything for doing it. You got your new slate, a new icon/Sigil, and your standard rewards. It's the same to me as if you picked up Pokemon Sword, and leveled the entire Pokedex to 100. Your reward is having an absurd number of level 100 Pokemon, maybe a line from some of the Professors or something, but nothing that can be lorded or even be construed to impact gameplay.

You also never even implied a cap

Because even if there weren't, it'd probably take 10-20 years to simply get the +10 at this rate... WF hasn't even been around that long.

Also, people don't seem to want to address the fact these ranks won't stay as a "you momentarily 100%ed Warframe" forever, so any rewards you offer will be offered to someone who did less "work" at some point.

Because that thought process has no worth.

1. It's not the fact I own every item, it's the amount of work I put in to get there. And that doesn't really change. New players will have to put in basically the same amount of work; As the only reason I'm MR31 right now and not MR60 isn't because I'm grinding away at the game, it's because I have to wait for content.
  2. And who cares when new players get MR31, at that point I'll be MR34 and they'll still have to put in the work to catch up. For rewards to be good doesn't mean they have to exclusive to the 1%.

To me, Nobody should get +10 mod cap on all their frames, just because they did a bunch of grinding.

That's literally what the entire game revolves on. Grinding forma, ubmral forma, aura forma, exlius adaptors, aura mods, stance mods, reactors, catalyst, etc...

On 2021-07-14 at 5:59 AM, Aratir said:

maybe upgrade the relay blessing a little with ever rank, more % or longer duration.

Now this is something I thought I'd be able to get behind at first, but it's actually a thought trap
Look a little further ahead, and you'll see a fairly toxic behavior pattern emerge from this, where blessings are only ever given out by the highest MR players - and if someone at MR 31 tries to be nice and bless a relay, they'll be shouted down as a troll and possibly even reported- just because they put a non-optimal blessing on, since they weren't at max MR (and therefore max bless capability).
If something actively affects other players, then it needs to be an ability that's either a one-and-done unlock with no variance, or the effect needs to be gated across player groups so effects only occur with players of a roughly similar MR. For example, an MR30 player blessing a relay provides the '30-34' buff to all players MR 34 and under at the relay, while an MR 38 player provides the '35-39' buff to the group within those five MR ranks, etc, and the buff is the same strength for each 'tier', so an MR 37 player provides the same high-tier blessing as the MR 38 one, which only affects players MR 35-39 in the relay, and so on. This rewards players for getting up to these new MR zones, by giving them access to higher strength relay blessings, and also cuts out the possibility of individual players being persecuted for affecting other players non-optimally.

Edit: On second thought, maybe a grouping of 3MR per tier would make more sense - that way DE could easily call it the Legendary Initiate's Blessing, the Legendary Tiger's Blessing, the Legendary Master's Blessing, etc...

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

Because that thought process has no worth.

That is your opinion. I have a different one. Could even be many people's opinion, just not mine. It's how opinions work.

It's not the fact I own every item, it's the amount of work I put in to get there. And that doesn't really change. New players will have to put in basically the same amount of work; As the only reason I'm MR31 right now and not MR60 isn't because I'm grinding away at the game, it's because I have to wait for content.

I disagree. Right now, you've had to deal with grinds I refuse to do or deal with weapons I refuse to run, even in E/SO. Theoretically, and from my perspective, you have done more work than I will have if/when I hit MR31. If you want to endure all the content as it comes out, you're putting in more work than I can be bothered with. Also, I already pointed out part of that with:

15 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

The "100% club"  will be far and away, but new people will be reaping the same rewards, which means it needs to be fair not just to people now, but people possibly 5yrs+ from now.

Even if Warframe tanks in 2yrs, I am of the opinion that one should design long term.

And who cares when new players get MR31, at that point I'll be MR34 and they'll still have to put in the work to catch up. For rewards to be good doesn't mean they have to exclusive to the 1%.

Given this community, I assure you someone will raise a fuss. Not you, not likely even a lot of people. Probably a small, irritating minority. This does not make me care more or less about someone momentarily "completing" Warframe. If you want to be on the cutting edge, cool. That doesn't make me think you deserve any extra anything beyond standard MR rewards.

That's literally what the entire game revolves on. Grinding forma, ubmral forma, aura forma, exlius adaptors, aura mods, stance mods, reactors, catalyst, etc...

The amount of grinding you do or don't do will never entitle you to +10mod cap on everything. Again, in my opinion. We will see what the devs think, and I'll roll with that.

Because even if there weren't, it'd probably take 10-20 years to simply get the +10 at this rate... WF hasn't even been around that long.

Likely true, I'll admit. Doesn't change my opinion on bonus mod cap for everything. Mainly because, and maybe I'm being cynical here, I can see people doing the equivalent of "just use this build and it's easy" for builds that are literally impossible for anyone else. I say what I do here, because people already do this with builds that require things that are a pain to get and just handwave the grind or tell them to pay up.

I will admit to being stubborn here, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. The pats on the back for being on the bleeding edge of everything just never sit right with me. Saying "it's fine, it won't hurt anything" doesn't sway me. My stance doesn't change based on how many people do or don't make a fuss, just that a reward exists that could potentially affect power creep or grant someone special capabilities (like not being locked into a 7 forma build). Everyone should play by identical rules, independent of the amount of grinding you do. If you enjoy 100%ing things, by all means go ahead. Just don't expect me to be okay with you getting anything extra.

Archived