Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are we stabbing sisters?

Pinegulf

14 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Please share reference.

Albrecht Entrati's memoirs (unlocked by ranking up with the Entrati and the Necraloid) reveal this information. He first implies it in the Xata entry (which deals with his motivation for exploring the Void) when he says "immortal as we are – we die with the sun." According to the Khra entry, he is already centuries old by the time of his first journey into the Void. He also references the kuva in the Netra entry, though this is understood to take place much later. He implies that he has already used kuva to perform Continuity many times.

12 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Albrecht Entrati's memoirs (unlocked by ranking up with the Entrati and the Necraloid) reveal this information. He first implies it in the Xata entry (which deals with his motivation for exploring the Void) when he says "immortal as we are – we die with the sun." According to the Khra entry, he is already centuries old by the time of his first journey into the Void. He also references the kuva in the Netra entry, though this is understood to take place much later. He implies that he has already used kuva to perform Continuity many times.

A means to prolong life (maybe indefintely) is implied but no actual reference to kuva before the void is opened.

I have already had this discussion elsewhere , it was inconclusive then , it is inconclusive now.

I think in a world like warframe where there is basically just  unexplained magic behind everything, there could be any number of reasons why we use requiem mods. Personally, I think some of the liches dialogue about “getting closer” to them or “finding” them hints that the requiems are used to find and kill their soul. Souls are sort of implied to exist in-universe and the idea of a true self ties into warframes themes of identity. 

As for why requiems even exist, Albrech Entrati was the first person to enter the void, but he was also possibly the first Orokin to die. Perhaps he was doubted that was even possible and invented the requiems to make sure he stayed dead.

20 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

A means to prolong life (maybe indefintely) is implied but no actual reference to kuva before the void is opened.

I have already had this discussion elsewhere , it was inconclusive then , it is inconclusive now.

Albrecht was only the first to enter the Void. The Orokin knew about it prior, "before the vain faith":

"Before the vain faith - our people held Dualism as truth. That all things were of two parts. Mind and body. Consciousness and matter. Of our world... and the Void. It was from there that our answer finally came."

Netra. Decay. Time, to us, is all but conquered. Our sacred kuva moves us on to new skin. We numb to our daily, yearly, trifles…
And so it is that I will not take the kuva now. Or ever again. This is the last skin I’m in.

They also had Kuva, Continuity, etc. and with it lived their immortal lives. It could be that Kuva is totally unrelated to the Void like Archon says and that Continuity and Specter Particles and all of the other space-magic things that happen use some completely different mechanism... But my money is still on the spooky Eldrich space realm where time and the laws of physics don't matter. 🤔

42 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Sure, it may be inconclusive, but I think it's enough to rely on. I think it unnecessarily dilutes the narrative to have two or more different life-extension technologies. If Albrecht had lived for centuries before he first opened the Void, I'm going to assume he used kuva to do it, and I'll feel quite safe in that assumption.

7 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It could be that Kuva is totally unrelated to the Void like Archon says and that Continuity and Specter Particles and all of the other space-magic things that happen use some completely different mechanism... But my money is still on the spooky Eldrich space realm where time and the laws of physics don't matter.

I understand the tendency to seek a unifying, common origin of everything that can't be fully explained; I myself used the same logic in the preceding paragraph. But kuva doesn't seem like otherworldly, eldritch stuff. It seems like it could be biochemical or nanorobotic. So, from my point of view, I don't need to use the Void to explain it because it doesn't really need explaining – it could be as simple as "the Orokin just came up with it".

However, I think now I'll stop harping on this point. My perspective is that the lore we're given indicates quite strongly that kuva and the Void are unrelated, but I recognise that not everyone agrees. At this point, I think I'm just sounding contrarian or argumentative, which is not my intent.

14 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

However, I think now I'll stop harping on this point. My perspective is that the lore we're given indicates quite strongly that kuva and the Void are unrelated, but I recognise that not everyone agrees. At this point, I think I'm just sounding contrarian or argumentative, which is not my intent.

Sure , we can close on that note , we can have differing perspectives on this , it is only headcanon either way.

other than a reason for us to use our arsenal from 4th dimension perspective , what bothers me more is DE putting self -humiliatory comments on liches themselves for the entertainment purpose , either theyre too edgy or sound way too goof .. dunno  maybe a mutiliated vocal cord effects with okay lines could be more intimidating ? or maybe did that because they know well just one shot them so they gave up on intimidating aspect ? 

Though i admit they did a very good job on parvos and his lines , everything about him just fits his character and what he does/did .

Archived