Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

i'm excited because this will make matchmaking pools bigger. it'll also consolidate the markets into one which is good for pricing, and put an end to the baro confusion.

even if its not something i personally have a use for (since i'm on PC), in the the grand scheme of things its a good change and i am excited for it finally happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

No account migration , crossplay on other hand is in works and is coming Soon TM .

cross play and cross save.

The question is, how will cross save work when you already have saves on each platform.

On 2022-01-03 at 2:18 PM, Sweeney said:

Since cross-save and cross-platform play has finally been confirmed, how will they handle repeat purchases?

Not just buying the same prime access on different platforms, but using platinum to unlock color palettes or other cosmetics. Will we be compensated?

To add onto this, what about players who shelled out platinum for Ayatan Statues so they could turn them into Endo and rank up their mods, like Sacrificial Steel and Sacrificial Pressure, or the Primed Mods?

Will we get Endo back for each Mod we had to rerank on each Platform?

Will our Mastery levels combine?

There's a lot to reconcile.

Edit: Oh and don't forget Clans and Clan Dojos and Forma. I spent so much Forma on my solo clan. So much Forma on upgrading/polarizing Warframes I had already customized to my preferences on previous platfrorms.

And Focus Lenses too.

Personally my best case scenario is a fresh new account with no progress and having all of my purchases and promotional items from Twitch drops and promo codes + Nightwave rewards, all from each platform, regranted.

Edited by Sweeney

54 minutes ago, (PSN)PlzButt3rm3 said:

I'm more curious of what they actual steps will be to how one could migrate (cross save) an account from one platform to another. Has this been explained yet?

Ordinarily cross-save just means that your progress and purchases will sync between platforms, but yeah, since most people who play on multiple platforms already have multiple accounts with multiple saves and multiple different purchase histories, they're gonna have to resolve that by consolidating it somehow. It could be that's part of what's making it take so long. Figuring out the fairest way to handle that.

Build synchronicity used to be a huge issue too but awhile back they got all platforms on the same update.

I'm sure there's a lot of compromising being done between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo about how payment is going to be handled. Sony is notoriously a diva about crossplay. They're probably being the most difficult.

Thing is, they have to do like a ton of stuff to make it work, they have to reset the economy as every platform has different prices, they have to fix clans, what about people who play on PC and Xbox? What will happen to their accounts? What about Drop rates?

I am indeed very excited for this Idea, but I do understand the amount of work they have to do is just crazy.

You are correct about it, still Destiny the game which is in my  opinion so bad compering to Warframe  made it (cross Save), and it can be played on all platforms.

Thing is, they have to do like a ton of stuff to make it work, they have to reset the economy as every platform has different prices, they have to fix clans, what about people who play on PC and Xbox? What will happen to their accounts? What about Drop rates?

I am indeed very excited for this Idea, but I do understand the amount of work they have to do is just crazy.

this may of been asked, but. I have both a ps4/5 save and a PC save. the reason i had both is I started on Playstation, but it broke so I had to restart on PC. Now my question is this, will we be able to ';merge' our two accounts into one. or will the accounts stay wholely seperated and conflict with each other if I decide to transfer to ps5> this may of been answered but I havent the time to go through the entire thread

il y a 6 minutes, Kaldric2020 a dit :

this may of been asked, but. I have both a ps4/5 save and a PC save. the reason i had both is I started on Playstation, but it broke so I had to restart on PC. Now my question is this, will we be able to ';merge' our two accounts into one. or will the accounts stay wholely seperated and conflict with each other if I decide to transfer to ps5> this may of been answered but I havent the time to go through the entire thread

I don't think so,

"Merging" account will be problematic, My guess is one account availble on all platforms with no merge possibility, but I think it not gonna happen before a long time,

2023 maybe, we will see.

1 hour ago, Kaldric2020 said:

I have an Xbox save, a PS4 save, a Nintendo Switch save, and a PC save.

There's no way they'd implement cross save after all these years and NOT find a way to consolidate multiple saves and purchase histories.