Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

On 2023-08-05 at 6:20 PM, Izaat said:

So why can I play the same Fortnite account on every different medium?

Because Fortnite is made by Epic which is a massive company in the gaming sphere, for a long time crossplay only existed for companies that could throw a lot of money and influence at the problem of platforms who refuse to grant it. If you are Sony or Microsoft and a company that not only has one of the biggest and most popular multiplayer games worldwide and owns the engine a substantially large amount of games use to run, saying give us crosssave or we won't launch on your platform will cause them to capitulate. It's why only the really big games backed by very lucrative and powerful companies had crossplay for so long while the option wasn't on the table for any smaller companies.

Warframe has grown a lot but it's a sardine compared to those whales. To put the size disparity into perspective: right now DE has about ~100 fewer employees than Blizzard did when WoW launched in 2004. Today DE has ~311 while Blizzard has ~13 000. I'm using Blizzard because I had these stats at hand for something else but it would still be reflective of the disparity between DE and something like Epic or EA who also already have crossave for some of their games.

Edited by Drasiel
double posted in the same post, warframe servers what you doing.
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Because ...

To be honest, I don't think we can really know without knowing what's going on behind the scenes of these deals. It's hard to know how much is arbitrary and how much is calculated. At the end of the day, it's happening. The thing to worry about now is execution. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Shadow Flubber said:

Been out of the community for quite some time, played on xbox but got a PC and I've been wondering if there was any update on cross save/play? 

crossplay is live, as in all platforms can matchmake with each other for missions. No cross-platform trading or clans.

Crosssave is still being worked on. Contracts are done according to DE Steve prior to Crowning Rebecca as Creative Director and abdicating warframe to run Soulframe. We haven't heard much on the nitty-gritty except they are focusing on making it as bugless as possible people could be looking at losing decades worth of investment and effort into their accounts if something goes wrong.

On 2023-08-10 at 8:36 AM, Drasiel said:

crossplay is live, as in all platforms can matchmake with each other for missions. No cross-platform trading or clans.

Crosssave is still being worked on. Contracts are done according to DE Steve prior to Crowning Rebecca as Creative Director and abdicating warframe to run Soulframe. We haven't heard much on the nitty-gritty except they are focusing on making it as bugless as possible people could be looking at losing decades worth of investment and effort into their accounts if something goes wrong.

I hope CrossSave is gonna work. Got Warframe on Xbox[ game room], PC[work desk] and took a Switch[bed]. Would be nice to continue to play in bed no matter

the platform i play.

Since this a topic that's been started a long time [ read on other forums/blogs/reddit/ etc... ]. I HOPE I can play with 1 account [ linked] on another platform to

continue game progression.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nkomo-Sama said:

I REALLY hope that DE is saving the cross save announcement/implementation for Tennocon. 

Or at least some decent matchmaking. 

Don't pair me with a cross platform host when I have 100ms ping restrictions... 

Nothing quite like getting paired with a host that has decent ping but runs a platform that can't handle the load. Cross platform lag is horrible.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

I really hope cross save is at least given a time frame. Been literally years at this point since I last played warframe. After getting a gaming PC I would like to use it to play warframe but at LR 1 its would be such a waste to completely start over on PC.

I feel like if they announce it, it actually wouldn't be that long of a wait. Maybe, say November-December time frame. Stuff like this that's been announced before has usually been out in a couple months, partly due to DE's careful planning and rollout. By the time they announce/reveal it, it's usually done and just ready to be put in an update. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

honestly id be really grateful if they did announce it , from what i understand they planned to do it in phases like crossplay was done

so pc-xbox initially seems the 1st step then, i honestly cant wait to jump on my pc and play with higher resolution and quality 

Same here man. The couple of games I play on xbox have cross save progression, and Warframe is the last one that I'm waiting to implement it. A game as beautiful and immersive as Warframe deserves to be played on PC, and I hate that I can't enjoy the colors and abilities on my own PC.

Truthfully not sure what is taking cross save so long.

Our character data is already on their systems soooo it's kind of odd.

Maybe one of the companies or more that DE is dealing with is trying to tell DE how important they are to them even though they don't do anything but collect money for nonexistent services they claim they give.  Like Microsoft or Nintendo or Sony who don't actualy give you internet and don't run warframe servers but insist in getting money for those things.

But then that is just conjecture on my part.

Heck I still don't know why people have not sued Microsoft and Sony and Nintendo for false claims and not actually providing services they claim.

I am surprised no one does a lawsuit to them when they alter softer you buy digital with out your permission or for that matter delete it making it so you can't download it again even though they promise to let you get it for the lifetime of the product.

Going to go ahead and lock this thread (really I should have closed it back when crossplay went live in October of last year).

No word on cross-save, but we'll have to see if it's something talked about during TennoCon! Fingers crossed.

• Like 5