Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please try your word on the sisters

(PSN)draco_86

Question

Hear me out. I feel the nemesis system is like a potluck*. We all team up, farm words and work towards a common goal.

Always taking a chance on your nemesis by trying a word pays off for you and the whole team.

When someone refuses to help and just lets the nemesis bleed out it takes it longer for another to spawn and it takes it longer to reach another word.

Besides the extra push helps out so much it cuts the farm in half.

If you arent going to bring something to the table then play solo. You'll get the same amount of hounds. Unless you're only doing it to eat others food.

*a meal or party to which each of the guests contributes a dish

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Since the sisters update I've never had a lich/sister make it past rank 3 (and tbh before the sister update I rarely had them go beyond 3...). The requiem system is pretty easy to understand so I'd recommend spending more time figuring out the system rather than expecting people to bend over while you trudge along at a snail's pace.

Yes, if I play my Lich correctly they will never get past rank 3.

But these freaking impatient jerks like OP keep whining and complaining that I'm not stabbing them, all because THEY want their precious ten murmurs

1 minute ago, (PSN)draco_86 said:

So its fair someone else ranks them theirs up to benefit your farm?

But with the new system you get matched with a group on the final take down? With mechs... These arent the same liches from day one. Besides 4 hours, ouch. There are methods to make it easier. My buddy used to run ash, if they can't see you, they wont attack and you can build stacls against them

If THEY want to rank up THEIR lich, that's THEIR decision. I have never once asked someone to stab a lich they weren't comfortable stabbing. Yet they ask ME to stab MY lich all the freaking time!

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Jeez, dude. Take a chill pill.

If you can't figure out how to kill your lich by rank 5 then that's on you. It takes maybe an hour to an hour and a half tops to do liches nowadays. If you're spending 4 hours then I dunno what to tell you other than learn to do liches a bit faster.

Since the sisters update I've never had a lich/sister make it past rank 3 (and tbh before the sister update I rarely had them go beyond 3...). The requiem system is pretty easy to understand so I'd recommend spending more time figuring out the system rather than expecting people to bend over while you trudge along at a snail's pace.

Highest ive had was 4 and I stab every chance I get. The bew system is so much easier

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yes, if I play my Lich correctly they will never get past rank 3.

But these freaking impatient jerks like OP keep whining and complaining that I'm not stabbing them, all because THEY want their precious ten murmurs

I'd argue that the frustrating thing for your teammates is less the murmurs and more you're stopping other liches/sisters from spawning when you leave them alive. More than one can spawn in a mission and if you just let yours fart around then it makes it so other people have to deal with losing out on a chance to spawn their lich/sister.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Generally people don't make it a point to intentionally banish someone's lich. That's part of the issue here, my dude.

The expectation you have is fine for solo play but the general consesus for group play (with randoms) is that people stab their liches/sisters. You might disagree with this but you're swimming against the current and you're likely going to continue getting flak from people ingame since this is not in alignment with what people are doing. 

I'm not sure why you're so offended the the TC's request. It is a resonable request and is consistent with the expectations of random grouping when hunting liches/sisters. If you've got a  problem with this system then play solo. Don't force randoms to adopt your way of doing things simply because it makes sense for you. It is not consistent with how hunting liches/sisters actually works and IS generally viewed as disruptive and/or disrespectful to leave your lich alive. If you want to banish it then you should be doing so as quickly as possible so as to not disrupt the flow of the mission.

Very well spoken!

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The expectation you have is fine for solo play but the general consesus for group play (with randoms) is that people stab their liches/sisters. You might disagree with this but you're swimming against the current and you're likely going to continue getting flak from people ingame since this is not in alignment with what people are doing. 

This is in theory a fair point that I would in theory like to debate. The problem is that I can see your side of the argument, but you can't see mine:

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure why you're so offended the the TC's request. It is a resonable request and is consistent with the expectations of random grouping when hunting liches/sisters. 

If I am not stabbing my Lich, it is because the Lich will rank up to a point where it becomes unfun and PAINFUL to fight. I can do it, I have all the mods, all the weapons, all the archguns to kill any Lich. But it's slow boring and tedious, it literally takes as long to do a mission as to kill a rank 5 Lich.

The end result is we take it to the forums. We just keep making thread after thread where all we do is go over the same thing: Someone calls a Not-Stabber a leech, other people defend Not-Stabbing because you're supposed to play games for fun, we start a flame war, mods may or may not get involved, and nobody budges from their position.

Every now and then somebody might bring up that this is ultimately DE's fault that we get into this position in the first place. The REAL issue isn't the trade-off of taking a gamble. No, the issue is that the rest of the squad gets a bonus if you gamble. Thus the rest of the squad is incentivized to pressure you into gambling. That's not good game design, you should not have an incentive to pressure other people in your squad into taking a deal.

Imagine how whack it would be if you gained a bonus if the other person Converts their Lich, but nothing if they Vanquish their Lich. Imagine just how insane that would be. The stupid ten bonus murmurs are that same problem

You hear that @(PSN)draco_86

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is in theory a fair point that I would in theory like to debate. The problem is that I can see your side of the argument, but you can't see mine:

If I am not stabbing my Lich, it is because the Lich will rank up to a point where it becomes unfun and PAINFUL to fight. I can do it, I have all the mods, all the weapons, all the archguns to kill any Lich. But it's slow boring and tedious, it literally takes as long to do a mission as to kill a rank 5 Lich.

The end result is we take it to the forums. We just keep making thread after thread where all we do is go over the same thing: Someone calls a Not-Stabber a leech, other people defend Not-Stabbing because you're supposed to play games for fun, we start a flame war, mods may or may not get involved, and nobody budges from their position.

Every now and then somebody might bring up that this is ultimately DE's fault that we get into this position in the first place. The REAL issue isn't the trade-off of taking a gamble. No, the issue is that the rest of the squad gets a bonus if you gamble. Thus the rest of the squad is incentivized to pressure you into gambling. That's not good game design, you should not have an incentive to pressure other people in your squad into taking a deal.

Imagine how whack it would be if you gained a bonus if the other person Converts their Lich, but nothing if they Vanquish their Lich. Imagine just how insane that would be. The stupid ten bonus murmurs are that same problem

You hear that @(PSN)draco_86

I hear you, but my post was a suggestion. No one wants to spend needless hours on the nemesis system. If no one stabbed thier nemesis then its no benefit from solo. Those extra murmurs actually help A LOT.

I do however have an issue with your arguments period. you started off with a lie. A fake story. To drive the pitty party. It wasnt constructive. 2 people took you seriously and offered help to which you admited you lied.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)draco_86 said:

I hear you, but my post was a suggestion.

And I respected it. But then you hit me with this:

3 minutes ago, (PSN)draco_86 said:

you started off with a lie. A fake story. To drive the pitty party. It wasnt constructive. 2 people took you seriously and offered help to which you admited you lied.

You're putting words in my mouth.

I have fought rank 5 Liches before, and they SUCK. They are just extremely unfun. If you think the "4 hours" specifically was a lie, that was just me not being specific: when my Lich's rage reset one time, it really did take me four hours to make him show up again, followed by a good six minutes of shooting him to make him actually kneel (including the time spent waiting for him to teleport)

53 minutes ago, (PSN)draco_86 said:

So your making a pitty party claiming boo hoo help me kill a 4 hour lich. When in fact you have no issue. Instead you plat public because youre a leach and dont want to help. Gotcha

No. 

Just. No. Stop saying that. In fact, this attitude really needs to end, because it is beyond toxic. 

In a public game, there is no expectation, not official, or unofficial. I could just as easily call you a leech for going in public with the expectation that you are going to get extra murmurs from someone else's lich/sister, even if it isn't convenient for them at the time to stab it. In public games it is normal, and part of life, for people to have different goals. That's just how it is. 

You have an option if you want to go with a group that all has the same goals as you, and that is forming your own group, or joining one where everyone agrees to stab. 

DE will never punish someone for not stabbing their lich, because it isn't leeching. You want to be sure people will, join. a. group. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

No. 

Just. No. Stop saying that. In fact, this attitude really needs to end, because it is beyond toxic. 

In a public game, there is no expectation, not official, or unofficial. I could just as easily call you a leech for going in public with the expectation that you are going to get extra murmurs from someone else's lich/sister, even if it isn't convenient for them at the time to stab it. In public games it is normal, and part of life, for people to have different goals. That's just how it is. 

You have an option if you want to go with a group that all has the same goals as you, and that is forming your own group, or joining one where everyone agrees to stab. 

DE will never punish someone for not stabbing their lich, because it isn't leeching. You want to be sure people will, join. a. group. 

The nemesis system has changed stop bringing up the old system.

And the same can go for you, stop playing multiplayer if youre just helping yourself

2 minutes ago, (PSN)draco_86 said:

The nemesis system has changed stop bringing up the old system.

And the same can go for you, stop playing multiplayer if youre just helping yourself

No, I don't think you understand how this works. 

Multiplayer with public, as in, just jumping into a random game, is going to have different people with different goals. I am the one who is okay with people doing whatever in a public game. 

You are not. 

You are the one who needs to do a pre-arranged multiplayer, not the guy (me) who is live and let live when playing with randoms with different expectations and is prepared to not only solo but carry any mission along with vazarin to pick people up if something goes wrong. And I expect nothing in particular because I don't need those people, and didn't have an arrangement with them in advance. 

I don't know what you mean, either by "bringing up the old system", I am talking about the current system, where many find it more efficient to not stab in a lot of situations. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

No, I don't think you understand how this works. 

Multiplayer with public, as in, just jumping into a random game, is going to have different people with different goals. I am the one who is okay with people doing whatever in a public game. 

You are not. 

You are the one who needs to do a pre-arranged multiplayer, not the guy (me) who is live and let live when playing with randoms with different expectations and is prepared to not only solo but carry any mission along with vazarin to pick people up if something goes wrong. And I expect nothing in particular because I don't need those people, and didn't have an arrangement with them in advance. 

With that then its ok to join fissures without relics?

Archived