Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Orphix mission is the worst thing I've experience in this game

MixtheBlender

DE should tweak this mode, so much work was put into it, but its just not worth the time at the current state for all the effort. It could be fun and use for good use necramechs, it just needs some tweaks and direct start with no RJ pre-mission wasting time.

8 hours ago, 40PE said:

I'm trying this solo, pretty decent gear, still impossible to kill 3 orphixes. I'm done with this stupid game type, impossible. I won't get Caliban I don't care.

Do you have Bonewidow? she can easily tank and then smash orphix with heavy attack, otherwise use shield skill and then arquebex on Voidrig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This thread is now 20 months old and everything is just as valid as when originally posted.

The spawn rate is still completely broken. I have everything necramech related maxed out, all the skills and tricks that owned in the event, and can't get through the easiest railjack orphix mission. Very sad.

• Like 6

The reason Orphix missions got so butchered  compared to what we got in Orphix Venom event is because they stuck Eidolon arcanes in veil.

I wish they had left it just like the original event, because tons and tons of people need alternate ways of getting arcane.  

Juggy Rex holding the orphix venom mods is dumb,  they should be in orphix missions lol...

• 3 weeks later...

its sad to see this old thread with nothing changed, I am stuck on this node and I cant get past it to do the RJ survival mission, tried with a pug and we failed and its the worse having to piss around doing missions first then failing and getting nothing.

• Like 3

My real question was why DE allowed anyone into Orphix RJ without a kitted mech, left a useless mech laying around as a really sick april fool's prank, and called it a day?

First request is for DE to put a warning label on Orphix missions for first timers. Something like, "hey new kid, if you haven't bothered to build a mech don't come in here... unless you like watching corpus and sentients skip rope with your operator's intestines."

I abandoned the mission first time I went public into Orphix (this was back when I didn't even have my first RJ ready to leave the dock) precisely because I had no clue what that mission was and I was getting the host clobbered without actually providing any assistance. Sucks to learn, now, me leaving didn't actually drop the spawn rate.

I would say this thread is great for one thing: letting me know it's not worth the grind to do the loid syndicate. RNG is already my personal arch-nemesis and watching the drop rate for matrixes... I walked away without a second glance. And I've been through plenty of abysmal looter-shooter grinds (see original borderlands on console hunting pearlescents) but loid was the first time in a game where I actually said "f*** this bs".

Orphix RJ was the second... just saying DE...

• Like 1

The first two orphix are okay once you get the hang of it. Pluto can be a little dicey sometimes, especially after quite a few rotations.

But OH MY GOD veil orphix solo is another animal. I'll go ahead and say it's the hardest mission in the entire game - and not in a good way. The fail rate on this mission has got to be astronomically high.

The spawns are simply out of control, and this mission is impossible for the average player and very difficult even for the discerning veteran, especially to get as far as rot C - you need a lot of experience, a good memory and a very specific loadout... and a bucket-load of stamina for the breathless non-stop rush.

Other than the ridiculous spawn rate my main hatred towards this mode is the preamble, it's completely miserable solo - taking out 3 shielded crew ships and then taking out 2 hacking drone locations takes an enormous amount of time - by the time you're done you've jumped through what feels like thirty hoops. Needlessly locking the extremely difficult orphix mission behind this wall is honestly the main reason I don't play it.

I agree it's definitely designed and balanced for squads, and I tell people to either go with an experienced squad (good luck getting one) or don't bother - it's simply not worth the trouble, and if you want arcanes tridolons are way easier, faster and more fun anyway, unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

The first two orphix are okay once you get the hang of it. Pluto can be a little dicey sometimes, especially after quite a few rotations.

But OH MY GOD veil orphix solo is another animal. I'll go ahead and say it's the hardest mission in the entire game - and not in a good way. The fail rate on this mission has got to be astronomically high.

The spawns are simply out of control, and this mission is impossible for the average player and very difficult even for the discerning veteran, especially to get as far as rot C - you need a lot of experience, a good memory and a very specific loadout... and a bucket-load of stamina for the breathless non-stop rush.

Other than the ridiculous spawn rate my main hatred towards this mode is the preamble, it's completely miserable solo - taking out 3 shielded crew ships and then taking out 2 hacking drone locations takes an enormous amount of time - by the time you're done you've jumped through what feels like thirty hoops. Needlessly locking the extremely difficult orphix mission behind this wall is honestly the main reason I don't play it.

I agree it's definitely designed and balanced for squads, and I tell people to either go with an experienced squad (good luck getting one) or don't bother - it's simply not worth the trouble, and if you want arcanes tridolons are way easier, faster and more fun anyway, unfortunately.

I've not much to add to this summing up other than my wholehearted agreement. Particularly about the faffing about before you even get to the mission. I realised the other day I'd not cleared the Veil Orphix node so loaded into it to be greeted by the task list of  destroy 3 crewships, 2 side objectives and then the mission itself. Thought, you know what? Can't be bothered. Apologies for a little rant, but it just seems that the mission should be worthwhile in its own right without a bunch of pre-loading shenanigans. "Jamming drones. Yay."

• 1 month later...

ive tried it on veil again lately, after i went through all those pointless pre quests i failed tragically like time after time... how do you move that big fat necramech to get things done when endless sentients come toward you???

seriously, is it a sick joke or what!!!

final concrution: as a single player i will never finish this freaking stupid mission, period.

Edited by pinkxblack
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat. Was doing Railjack missions just fine until I encountered those horrible missions called "Orphix". Somehow, by miracle I managed to do it on easiest Venus planet (I don't have my own Necramech), but trying on Neptune and Pluto frustrated me a lot! Tried solo, tried with others, but result is same "MISSION FAIL!". These horrible missions are very difficult, especially for players who don't have their own Mech and by the way farming and building Necramech also seems a lot of work which I'm not even speaking yet. I don't understand why DEVs are so obsessed with difficulties. Did you (Devs) even play these missions with free Necramechs on Neptune and Pluto? And those orange things you need to kill also spawn in horrible places. Those missions are big mess and frustration.

I want you DEVs, to sit down yourselves and play those missions with free (non-custom) mechs and let us watch how you progress and when you fail over fail, you will understand what we're going through... Why are you obsessed with difficulties, devs? And I'm not even talking about your stupid Mastery Rank tests, which I'm not even bothered with them and let my friend do them for me, because I despise these silly tests. Most of us, are casual players who want fun in this game, not a struggle anf frustration with those difficult challenges.Why is it so hard for you to get this, devs? Why? Frustration isn't a positive feeling, it's a negative feeling. Why do you think we enjoy it? We don't!

P.S. Operator default AMP is also garbage by the way and basically useless in those missions. Once and for all start listening to this feedback and remove cotton from your ears, devs.

Edited by dendroaspis84
  • Like 2

Hmmm. The orphix fields are annoying to be sure, but that's also kinda the whole point of the mode - and I do want a reason to use necramechs (they're cool).

Honestly, maybe just giving the players a little control over the spawn would solve it. Like 'destroy device / hack console to spawn a new wave of Orphix'... with a wave being like 3-6 orphix, with the orphix control measure resetting each time. That way, as long as you're doing the mission you don't get doomed to fail by the escalation mechanic because maybe you weren't running at 100% efficiency 100% of the time. There's simply NO forgiveness. Be perfect or don't play it. (in regards to veil solo).

Edited by CrownOfShadows

• 4 months later...

Still an absolutely terrible experience, failed the mission several times and even with an built and reasonably modded vodrig it's a huge pain to actually clear it without failing (And I was doing the venus one which should be the easiest). The fact that archgun mods are such a pain to farm doesn't help the situation (majority of decent archgun mods are all located on a single archwing interception mission with miniscule drop chances)

Overall the necramech and orphix experience has been a huge disappointment so far.