Jump to content

Fix Plinx Pl0x


FrostDragoon

Recommended Posts

The base crit is 32%. So with the extra 200% of the base... 32 + 32+ 32 = 96%. Whatever mods you had on previously made it 70.4% before so that's the old number. Since there are no silver crit%+ mods (whatever you have behind it), the 96% is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, so.

Based on that exact number 70.4% Crit chance? That's a base Pistol Gambit, with 120% Crit Chance.

32% + 120% = 70.4% under this system because the mod is taking the value of 32 and adding 120% of 32 to the total.

120% of 32 = 38.4

So 32 + 38.4 = 70.4 

Meaning 70.4% Crit Chance total.

So when you add Critical Delay on there instead, with that 200% Crit Chance? That's 200% of 32, added to the original 32.

Or more specifically; 32 + 64 = 96%

Not broken in the slightest, OP, it's how the game has worked since it was invented, even before Mods were put in and we had Talent Trees.

::Edit::

That reminds me, I have a Steel Path build with a Riven for the Plinx, I should add Galvanised mods to it now... thanks for that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, klop1904 said:

Yes, please explain this post. idk what this is supposed to mean

I think they just removed all their previous mods (where they had crit to 70.4%), maybe got distracted away for a moment, had a brain fart, and then thought that creeping bullseye was only adding 25.6% crit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

I think they just removed all their previous mods (where they had crit to 70.4%), maybe got distracted away for a moment, had a brain fart, and then thought that creeping bullseye was only adding 25.6% crit.

Yes, I just cleared all the mods to compare Pistol Gambit to Creeping Bullseye. The mod behind it is just Hornet Strike.

47 minutes ago, klop1904 said:

Yes, please explain this post. idk what this is supposed to mean

I was pointing out that the base crit chance is just barely low enough to not clear 100% with Creeping Bullseye, meaning you have to have a riven to do it. I got nothing against rivens and use them in many of my builds, but this breakpoint is the difference between whether I would potato + forma this weapon and possibly look for a riven for it... or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would certainly not object to a Plinx buff! 

35% crit would be a nice little improvement, and it'd still be a low base damage, low RoF, low status single target weapon with no other gimmick besides accuracy and ammo recharge, so basically trash fodder to everyone but irrational fans.    Like me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I would certainly not object to a Plinx buff! 

35% crit would be a nice little improvement, and it'd still be a low base damage, low RoF, low status single target weapon with no other gimmick besides accuracy and ammo recharge, so basically trash fodder to everyone but irrational fans.    Like me.

It could still be fun and usable at that point, though, because the riven Dispo would probably still remain fairly strong, but it also means your average player could build it without one and still enjoy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

It could still be fun and usable at that point, though, because the riven Dispo would probably still remain fairly strong, but it also means your average player could build it without one and still enjoy it.

I would be delighted out of all proportion, and presumably you as well.  But honestly I don't think 100% crit potential will move the needle much for hardly anybody. 

The subset of people who are both diehard Plinx fans, and don't want to use rivens on it...and inordinately bothered by its crit chance more than its other flaws-- just can't be that many.

I'll [bump] for Plinx justice anyway though. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...