Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TENET DIPLOS, so close to perfection. Fixes/Changes proposal.

RogueSyndiva

TENET DIPLOS:

Increase the base status chance of Tenet Diplos from 14% to 20%

Double the current base ammo reserve pool of Tenet Diplos.

Increase the current base fire rate of Tenet Diplos by around 60% (14~15.75 value as shown in-game with a Lethal Torrent mod installed).

Change the Aim-Bot fire mode to the middle mouse button for firing the gun when aiming down sights to separate it from the normal aim-down-sights fire mode and also remove the 2 shots per target cap, seriously it's just stupid.

The weapon itself is still weak on potential damage output and the slow as heck fire rate only makes it worse.

Ammo efficiency is the by far one of the biggest issues this gun faces alongside its stupid aim-down-sight aim-bot mode.

DO THE ABOVE FIXES AND THIS GUN WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER TO USE. IT'S NOT THAT HARD DE.

We're literally suggesting these hard-to-miss changes/fixes to you guys whom are the developers of this game.

53 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

TENET DIPLOS:

Increase the base status chance of Tenet Diplos from 14% to 20%

Double the current base ammo reserve pool of Tenet Diplos.

Increase the current base fire rate of Tenet Diplos by around 60% (14~15.75 value as shown in-game with a Lethal Torrent mod installed).

Change the Aim-Bot fire mode to the middle mouse button for firing the gun when aiming down sights to separate it from the normal aim-down-sights fire mode and also remove the 2 shots per target cap, seriously it's just stupid.

The weapon itself is still weak on potential damage output and the slow as heck fire rate only makes it worse.

Ammo efficiency is the by far one of the biggest issues this gun faces alongside its stupid aim-down-sight aim-bot mode.

DO THE ABOVE FIXES AND THIS GUN WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER TO USE. IT'S NOT THAT HARD DE.

We're literally suggesting these hard-to-miss changes/fixes to you guys whom are the developers of this game.

can you send your build? My Tenet Diplos melts in SP and Index, so I wanna see what you might be doing wrong.

57 minutes ago, RogueSyndiva said:

I've already mentioned this in the forums, as seen here: 

21 hours ago, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

can you send your build? My Tenet Diplos melts in SP and Index, so I wanna see what you might be doing wrong.

I've already mentioned this in the forums, as seen here: 

Allow me to humour you if you so desire:

All mods are max ranked (no arcanes are used in this build to factor in the majority of players)

90% of the total kills from my runs were head-shot kills to maximize its potential damage output.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hornet Strike

Primed Target Cracker

Primed Pistol Gambit

Galvanized Diffusion

Galvanized Crosshairs

Convulsion

Pathogen Rounds

Lethal Torrent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the current most-used general issue build for a lot of players, myself included as well (minus the galvanized version of mods, just the normal counterpart).

Making more threads on the same topic wouldn't hurt, it'll increase its visibility if any. So I'm not so certain as to why you're bringing that up.

By the way, I'm not doing anything wrong, don't assume.

All my test runs were done in Steel Path Adaro on Sedna if you're curious. My points on the Tenet Diplos are provided above.

Let me know what you have to say based on the response I've provided to you, I'm eager to see what concepts you can come up and enlighten me with.

Allow me to make a guess before-hand, you might recommend Galvanized Shot? It's not useless in anyway, just that the weapon has a below average status chance to begin with. And I've done my runs with Galvanized Shot build as well. The result is just roughly 20~45% better in terms of up-front damage.

Believe me, I would straight up use Galvanized Shot in all my secondary builds if the status damage buff is triggered on 'status effect' rather than 'on kill'.

But that way, you'll have to sacrifice either Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent or Galvanized Crosshair in order to make the build.

P/S: Please don't let my response rub you off in any wrong way, wouldn't want to upset a fellow Tenno now, would we?

I couldn't possibly agree more on Diplos' auto aim fire. It seriosly needs to be made an on sacondary fire button press otherwise it makes it difficult to properly get use out of "when aiming" mods the likes of Hydraulic crosshairs or pressurized magazine.

Base status chance may open options for the likes of hemorrhage.

I was going to make such recommendations myself; although, I agree with you on increasing visibility yet I feel that strengthening the position of someone with similar views can also boost the signal that this weapon needs a touch up to bring out its nascent abilities.

On 2021-07-30 at 11:54 PM, RogueSyndiva said:

Allow me to humour you if you so desire:

All mods are max ranked (no arcanes are used in this build to factor in the majority of players)

90% of the total kills from my runs were head-shot kills to maximize its potential damage output.

Hornet Strike

Primed Target Cracker

Primed Pistol Gambit

Galvanized Diffusion

Galvanized Crosshairs

Convulsion

Pathogen Rounds

Lethal Torrent

This is the current most-used general issue build for a lot of players, myself included as well (minus the galvanized version of mods, just the normal counterpart).

Making more threads on the same topic wouldn't hurt, it'll increase its visibility if any. So I'm not so certain as to why you're bringing that up.

By the way, I'm not doing anything wrong, don't assume.

All my test runs were done in Steel Path Adaro on Sedna if you're curious. My points on the Tenet Diplos are provided above.

Let me know what you have to say based on the response I've provided to you, I'm eager to see what concepts you can come up and enlighten me with.

Allow me to make a guess before-hand, you might recommend Galvanized Shot? It's not useless in anyway, just that the weapon has a below average status chance to begin with. And I've done my runs with Galvanized Shot build as well. The result is just roughly 20~45% better in terms of up-front damage.

Believe me, I would straight up use Galvanized Shot in all my secondary builds if the status damage buff is triggered on 'status effect' rather than 'on kill'.

But that way, you'll have to sacrifice either Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent or Galvanized Crosshair in order to make the build.

P/S: Please don't let my response rub you off in any wrong way, wouldn't want to upset a fellow Tenno now, would we?

My intent was not to upset, I apologize if it somehow came across that way. I was just genuinely curious. As for what I run, I run almost the same build, but I run viral 60/60s instead of just Pathogen rounds and convulsion. This way I can stack viral easier, in turn making my other damage higher. Then I have Primed Heated Charge, helping my heat damage too. I don't even have all my mods equipped yet either (meaning I don't have Lethal Torrent on). It seems to easily cleans house with at least trash mobs on SP Adaro (haven't tested against Nox's or the like). 

My build:

Primed Pistol Gambit

Barrel Diffusion

Primed Target Cracker

Hornet Strike

Frostbite

Pistol Pestilence

Primed Heated Charge

hope this helps!

On 2021-08-02 at 4:10 AM, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

My intent was not to upset, I apologize if it somehow came across that way. I was just genuinely curious. As for what I run, I run almost the same build, but I run viral 60/60s instead of just Pathogen rounds and convulsion. This way I can stack viral easier, in turn making my other damage higher. Then I have Primed Heated Charge, helping my heat damage too. I don't even have all my mods equipped yet either (meaning I don't have Lethal Torrent on). It seems to easily cleans house with at least trash mobs on SP Adaro (haven't tested against Nox's or the like). 

My build:

Primed Pistol Gambit

Barrel Diffusion

Primed Target Cracker

Hornet Strike

Frostbite

Pistol Pestilence

Primed Heated Charge

hope this helps!

Aye, the weapons itself still needs a boost in stats, not tremendously, but just a bit more to make it feel right.

I'm sorry as well for any misunderstandings I might have caused in my above reply to you. I was not in a pleasant mood after trying out the Tenet Diplos in SP.

I do feel sorry for the comment made above your reply to my reply, seems like he/she/it fails to recognize the issue at hand. That thing's name is 'NovusKnight' since he/she/it removed his/her/its comment just below you afterwards, not '(PSN)BoomStick98' nor 'Amanecer_Plateado'.

Just needed to clarify things to avoid any potential misunderstandings as evident by 'NovusKnight' 's illogical comment that was removed for unknown reasons.

On 2021-08-02 at 1:14 AM, Amanecer_Plateado said:

I couldn't possibly agree more on Diplos' auto aim fire. It seriosly needs to be made an on sacondary fire button press otherwise it makes it difficult to properly get use out of "when aiming" mods the likes of Hydraulic crosshairs or pressurized magazine.

Base status chance may open options for the likes of hemorrhage.

I was going to make such recommendations myself; although, I agree with you on increasing visibility yet I feel that strengthening the position of someone with similar views can also boost the signal that this weapon needs a touch up to bring out its nascent abilities.

Aye, we could always use more voices in voicing out the things that need to be looked upon.

Seeing as this is a weapon so close to its true value I'll add to this discussion further. I, like a few otheres, would  not like it if such a small yet valuable request was to simply slip into the aether.

I've a more indepth idea for the secondary fire of the diplos. Adding to shooting more then two rounds it may be better if the rounds do something other then scratch damage. Exploding once buried in the target, rebounding off of marked targets and hitting other nearby targets, or magnatizing marked targets and pulling surrounding enimies toward marked target. So many more interesting alternatives to what we have now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-07 at 8:01 AM, Amanecer_Plateado said:

Seeing as this is a weapon so close to its true value I'll add to this discussion further. I, like a few otheres, would  not like it if such a small yet valuable request was to simply slip into the aether.

I've a more indepth idea for the secondary fire of the diplos. Adding to shooting more then two rounds it may be better if the rounds do something other then scratch damage. Exploding once buried in the target, rebounding off of marked targets and hitting other nearby targets, or magnatizing marked targets and pulling surrounding enimies toward marked target. So many more interesting alternatives to what we have now.

Aye.

I'm sure I will get slaughtered in this thread for this but....

First and foremost: absolutely agree the alt fire is a bit of a hassle and really made me have to adjust the build (and my aiming skills) to adjust for this.

However, putting the Diplos on Yareli (that's the part that I'll get murdered for 🤣) has good synergy thanks to her passive giving it some high crit chance as long as you are moving. That helps substitute a crit mod you might feel is mandatory. The ammo pool also felt very small until I maxed out the arcane that has the passive ammo pool buff and reload on it (the passive reload speed is also a huge bonus for the diplos - wish the passive reload was higher, but seriously 2 second reload is SOOO PAINFUL that I'm grateful for any speed up)

Aside from the Diplos/Yareli combo (can sub Yareli for Zaphyr) you can mod as usual and they are really effective, and imo, the auto aim is nice sometimes since it's tough to precise aim while requiring the necessity for moving, just wish it wasn't so awkward to execute...(would be nice, at the very least, if it didn't remove the auto targeting until either the target died or the player stopped ADS)

NOW HANG ON! I'm aware of the topic's core premise. This is a very niche build, I get that. Everyone hates Yareli, very few like Zaphyr, this type of compromise is hardly a solution, I'm aware!
I just wanted to add to the discussion that there are some alternate solutions. Is it a fix? No, but maybe a passerby of this thread might get some new ideas and hopefully give you some points to consider 😊

On 2021-08-21 at 2:34 PM, Yuzuki-Prime said:

I'm sure I will get slaughtered in this thread for this but....

First and foremost: absolutely agree the alt fire is a bit of a hassle and really made me have to adjust the build (and my aiming skills) to adjust for this.

However, putting the Diplos on Yareli (that's the part that I'll get murdered for 🤣) has good synergy thanks to her passive giving it some high crit chance as long as you are moving. That helps substitute a crit mod you might feel is mandatory. The ammo pool also felt very small until I maxed out the arcane that has the passive ammo pool buff and reload on it (the passive reload speed is also a huge bonus for the diplos - wish the passive reload was higher, but seriously 2 second reload is SOOO PAINFUL that I'm grateful for any speed up)

Aside from the Diplos/Yareli combo (can sub Yareli for Zaphyr) you can mod as usual and they are really effective, and imo, the auto aim is nice sometimes since it's tough to precise aim while requiring the necessity for moving, just wish it wasn't so awkward to execute...(would be nice, at the very least, if it didn't remove the auto targeting until either the target died or the player stopped ADS)

NOW HANG ON! I'm aware of the topic's core premise. This is a very niche build, I get that. Everyone hates Yareli, very few like Zaphyr, this type of compromise is hardly a solution, I'm aware!
I just wanted to add to the discussion that there are some alternate solutions. Is it a fix? No, but maybe a passerby of this thread might get some new ideas and hopefully give you some points to consider 😊

xD

With you on the ammo pool, without Secondary Merciless they'll chomp through those reserves pretty fast.

The alternate fire... yeah, I've yet to find a single use for this, most of the time it's just irksome especially for "when aiming" conditions as others have mentioned. Not to mention whatever means were used to bring Tenet Diplos in to the game, the devs messed up the alt fire on the Sepulcrum, as I've documented here.

Status chance and fire rate feel pretty solid for me. Fully modded, I'm looking at 42% status chance with that 15.47 fire rate and up to 3.9 multishot with a fully-stacked Galvanized Diffusion.

Just got tenet diplos and loving the look and the sound they make. Personally I feel a faster fire rate isn't needed, as not every secondary has to have fast fire rate. Now what I would love to see changed is the area of the lock-on and not being able to lose lock on if you move the cursor too much. And make the homing bullets have higher crit damage, so there would be a reason to using it. I'm okay with it firing in a burst of two, feels really cool, it's just by the time you lock onto enemies and fire, you might as well just shoot them with the full auto mode. 

So all in all, easier lock-on and higher crit damage. 

Archived