Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invigoration System sucks

MaddawgTL

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

🧐 lol

To answer my own question a little better:

Google: Reddit warframe invigoration weighting

Heh. 

I've seen some people say it might not be true, but from what I understand DE has said nothing to officially deny it on the Reddit. You would think, if it wasn't true, they would say so. And I feel okay bringing it up on the forums even though we allegedly only know from datamining, because I am sourcing the wiki directly, where it is posted.  

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Heh. 

I've seen some people say it might not be true, but from what I understand DE has said nothing to officially deny it on the Reddit. You would think, if it wasn't true, they would say so. And I feel okay bringing it up on the forums even though we allegedly only know from datamining, because I am sourcing the wiki directly, where it is posted.  

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.  

Just because the extremely busy devs, who are currently crunching hours to get TNW and other updates out on time, have not taken time to address one hearsay claim on one thread somewhere on Reddit isn't proof it exists.

Could it?  Sure.  But no reason to jump to the conclusion.

If anything, I think it was quite hasty, and perhaps even irresponsible for the Wiki, which of course is fan-made, not official, to share said info as "fact".  It's not a FACT, it's just a THEORY.  

All I'm saying is we shouldn't tear the place down over something that hasn't been shown to even be true yet.  Otherwise, if that became the precedent, all one would need do to ruin Warframe would be start rumors and shut 'em down without any facts, any real, provable data.  That's just not healthy, is all I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.  

Just because the extremely busy devs, who are currently crunching hours to get TNW and other updates out on time, have not taken time to address one hearsay claim on one thread somewhere on Reddit isn't proof it exists.

Could it?  Sure.  But no reason to jump to the conclusion.

If anything, I think it was quite hasty, and perhaps even irresponsible for the Wiki, which of course is fan-made, not official, to share said info as "fact".  It's not a FACT, it's just a THEORY.  

All I'm saying is we shouldn't tear the place down over something that hasn't been shown to even be true yet.  Otherwise, if that became the precedent, all one would need do to ruin Warframe would be start rumors and shut 'em down without any facts, any real, provable data.  That's just not healthy, is all I'm saying.

I understand your point, and I get what you are saying. 

Perhaps it is premature to get too up in arms until we know for sure, but now that is has been put on the wiki by the fans, it would be nice if DE could clarify for us if it is true or not. If it is true, it would be nice for them to give us an explanation as to why they didn't need to tell us about it in the first place. I'm not saying I'm jumping to the conclusion they were trying to sneak it on us (assuming for a moment it IS true). Perhaps they actually did mean to put it in the patch notes and forgot, maybe they didn't think it was something people needed to know/would care about knowing, I don't know. 

If it isn't true, it would be nice for them to correct the record. Because the Wiki will mislead a lot of players if it isn't true. And yes, I know the wiki is fan made, but DE regularly touts how useful the info is and players tend to trust it, so it really would be nice of them to give a quick "its not true", "it's true but we meant to put it in the patch notes", or "its true but x reason it wasn't in the patch notes". Wouldn't take them that long to give a quick boilerplate statement, and they can walk and chew gum at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I understand your point, and I get what you are saying. 

Perhaps it is premature to get too up in arms until we know for sure, but now that is has been put on the wiki by the fans, it would be nice if DE could clarify for us if it is true or not. If it is true, it would be nice for them to give us an explanation as to why they didn't need to tell us about it in the first place. I'm not saying I'm jumping to the conclusion they were trying to sneak it on us (assuming for a moment it IS true). Perhaps they actually did mean to put it in the patch notes and forgot, maybe they didn't think it was something people needed to know/would care about knowing, I don't know. 

If it isn't true, it would be nice for them to correct the record. Because the Wiki will mislead a lot of players if it isn't true. And yes, I know the wiki is fan made, but DE regularly touts how useful the info is and players tend to trust it, so it really would be nice of them to answer. It's not like it would take that much time to just explain the situation. 

I don't think it's so much about it being difficult to explain, per se... but more the politics or optics of doing so.  How they answer, the EXACT wording they use, will be then meticulously dissected, overanalyzed, and be used against them again and again in viral videos by toxic "creators", and that'll become another media circus they've gotta deal with in the community.

Sometimes, simply ignoring the small fires is the best way to let them put themselves out.

I do agree that addressing what is on the Wiki might be important, but I doubt it's topping their To-Do priority list at the moment.  Maybe it'll come up on next Dev Stream?  Might be worth posting in a Q&A section on a stream, or in Feedback.  

I'm not trying to white knight or anything, I just want to ensure we're not all just raging over every vague, unconfirmed headline (not meaning you, in particular... just how the rest of the community tends to get on here) without facts.  

Time will tell, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

I don't think it's so much about it being difficult to explain, per se... but more the politics or optics of doing so.  How they answer, the EXACT wording they use, will be then meticulously dissected, overanalyzed, and be used against them again and again in viral videos by toxic "creators", and that'll become another media circus they've gotta deal with in the community.

Sometimes, simply ignoring the small fires is the best way to let them put themselves out.

I do agree that addressing what is on the Wiki might be important, but I doubt it's topping their To-Do priority list at the moment.  Maybe it'll come up on next Dev Stream?  Might be worth posting in a Q&A section on a stream, or in Feedback.  

I'm not trying to white knight or anything, I just want to ensure we're not all just raging over every vague, unconfirmed headline (not meaning you, in particular... just how the rest of the community tends to get on here) without facts.  

Time will tell, I suppose.

I get you actually, the time spent would be the politics of dealing with the reaction TO the answer, whatever it may be. As well as time spent figuring out the best way to answer it to minimize the political fallout, even if its just dealing with people who don't believe them when they tell them its not true (if its not). 

That's what I was thinking though in terms of finding an answer, maybe pose it as a question where they collect them for the next devstream, and put it in a neutral professional way. I agree its not a huge priority, but it is just a topic I think should be put to rest before the rumor mill grinds on too long. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I get you actually, the time spent would be the politics of dealing with the reaction TO the answer, whatever it may be. As well as time spent figuring out the best way to answer it to minimize the political fallout, even if its just dealing with people who don't believe them when they tell them its not true (if its not). 

That's what I was thinking though in terms of finding an answer, maybe pose it as a question where they collect them for the next devstream, and put it in a neutral professional way. I agree its not a huge priority, but it is just a topic I think should be put to rest before the rumor mill grinds on too long. 

Exaaaaaaaaaaactly!

And yeah, I agree 100%!  I just think it needs to be a professional post, not a tongue-in-cheek accusation thread.   You catch more bees with honey, as the saying goes.  

Honestly, too many players on these forums (and elsewhere like YT and Twitter, etc) take way too much of this game personally.  They seem to construct this idea that DE and other companies "have it out for them" or "hate players" or whatever else.   1. No one loves cows more than Burger King, so.. :/  (Love that quote) and 2. It isn't personal, it's business.  I'm sure some devs have personal FEELINGS, but the final implementations of all these ideas and systems aren't personal... they've been reviewed by boards and professional developers, and decided to be in the best interest of the game's financial future to add in (for the time being). 

I honestly just see Invigorations like the "Cheat Mode" in Goldeneye64 (i know, im old :P) .... except even MORE limited because the effects only last a week max.  The codes were unlocked after getting far in the game, so they weren't Day 1 throwing off balance for new players... and they were OPTIONAL, existing only to add replay value.  

Not everyone wanted to run missions with Infinite Health, and some codes like Big Head Mode were just pointless from a gameplay perspective...  But it was FUN (for some).  

So, when my cousin didn't wanna use Inf Ammo, he left it off.   When I wanted to go ham and build sculptures with Remote Mines, I turned it on!  lol   (oof, rip framerates xD)

But again, I can empathize and understand where the system could use tweaking.

• 11 months later...

I had totally forgotten all about this invigoration aspect...just goes to show how often i visit the critter in the orbiters bowels.

Anyways I decided to give it a closer look and my take on it is not that we need to use it to make everything more powerful but as an incentive to pick up and use a frame that is often neglected. I found myself the last week or so running older frames I dont really equip often and having fun so in that respect the system works.

2 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

after two weeks just forgetting about it

I will probably suffer the same but for the moment it is interesting.

What would help would be if a notification could pop up if the invigoration is an option when equipping a frame.  I often mess around with diverse frames as I run a lot of solo missions but running down to the Helminth as a just in case is probably not going to happen. 

Archived