Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invigoration System sucks

MaddawgTL

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

These are the only ones that repeated for me, one thing I barely get is ability buffs.

Most of them are weapon crit chance

Anybody want to talk about the fact that a buff system supposedly for Warframes is slapping multipliers onto weapons for some reason?

Ah yes, that's what Hydroid needs, a passive 200% buff to his weapon's crit chance, how could we not have seen it before?

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Anybody want to talk about the fact that a buff system supposedly for Warframes is slapping multipliers onto weapons for some reason?

Ah yes, that's what Hydroid needs, a passive 200% buff to his weapon's crit chance, how could we not have seen it before?

200% pistol crit chance +1000 armor hydroid buff is one of the first ones I got

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

- takes Hydroid

- Invigorates 200% crit chance for primaries

- takes a Status weapon with terrible crit.

- B E T T E R T H A N A R E W O R K !

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Seriously it gives me like... no interest in the system. 

Three buffs this week, Atlas, Loki and Lavos, all of them stuff like jump resets and secondary critical chance, or secondary critical chance and status immunity, the only actual Warframe modifier I got this week besides jump resets was freaking +1000 health on a fugging Loki. 

Literally nothing about the new invigoration system makes any sense. It's a sloppy disaster. 

I would have considered using any of the three for funsies, if the buffs weren't a complete joke, and were actually relevant to... you know, WARFRAME ABILITIES. Instead, I invigorated them just to tick off my free coffee punchcard and to get some xp points for the Helminth. Once I'm level 15 in Helminth, I probably won't bother with invigs again. It's a terrible system. 

i the only use for the system i have found so far is that i can waste some resorces with it for the need of the nightwave dailys to feed helminth but well
there are other ways to do that but at least every ten i can get something maybe intressting for a week not that i would need it

I'll get up to the point of having 10/10.

But then none of the bonuses are the ones I want for that week. I won't want to waste it.

So I wait like two weeks.

Then the bonus I want is there. Now it's time to begin the week of anxiety where I feel like every day I don't play the warframe with the bonus I wanted is wasted, because jesus, it took like a month to line up, I have to play it as much as I can because it's GOING AWAY SOON OH GOD.

Then resigned disappointment when it's gone. I won't have the desire to do that again. 

The way my brain works, I think it'd just be simpler to skip to the end step and just not interact with the system.

I would prefer having NO control, tbh, but again: my brain is dumb.

2 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I'll get up to the point of having 10/10.

But then none of the bonuses are the ones I want for that week. I won't want to waste it.

So I wait like two weeks.

Then the bonus I want is there. Now it's time to begin the week of anxiety where I feel like every day I don't play the warframe with the bonus I wanted is wasted, because jesus, it took like a month to line up, I have to play it as much as I can because it's GOING AWAY SOON OH GOD.

Then resigned disappointment when it's gone. I won't have the desire to do that again. 

The way my brain works, I think it'd just be simpler to skip to the end step and just not interact with the system.

I would prefer having NO control, tbh, but again: my brain is dumb.

Yeah, it's basically just a gimmick to get Helminth to rank 15... and then just forget about it. I used my invigoration after invigorating 10+ frames and was very surprised I had to invigorate 10 more frames to have the option to have a buff for 7 days.

Just think about that for a minute. You have to invigorate 10 frames to get a 7 day buff on a specific frame. You can invigorate 3 frames a week... that's 1 month of invigorating frames you probably don't want to play... for 7 days of a buff on a frame you do actually play.

This is the wrong way to motivate players to play unpopular frames. Aside of the buff, you need to be rewarded for actually running missions with unpopular frames. Maybe like a Syndicate-style reward for Helminth... maybe, just maybe, you could earn the option to invigorate any frame faster by playing those unpopular frames. Because 1 month of invigorate-and-forget? No way... it's not motivational and it's not practical.

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

proof:

Explicit Invigoration weights are as follows:

• Grendel: 2
  • Garuda: 2
  • Nyx: 2
  • Atlas: 2
  • Banshee: 2
  • Harrow: 2
  • Hydroid: 2
  • Wukong: 0.5
  • Saryn: 0.5
  • Mesa: 0.5
  • Wisp: 0.5
  • Volt: 0.5
  • Khora: 0.5
  • Gauss: 0.75

Where are these numbers from?

The easiest way to make the system better is :-

1. Have the invigorations draw from what is in your arsenal, not what you don't have already built.

2. If there is nothing you don't like, push a button, have the whole system go off line for 12hrs then reroll using point 1 and keep on cycling untill you get what you want.

it's that simple.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Where are these numbers from?

I checked the citation, and it's just a Reddit user who claims his "friend" datamined it.  We're all just supposed to trust the hearsay of a random Reddit user, I guess.

In other words, it's not an official source.  I would take it with a heavy shaker of salt, tbh.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

I checked the citation, and it's just a Reddit user who claims his "friend" datamined it.  We're all just supposed to trust the hearsay of a random Reddit user, I guess.

In other words, it's not an official source.  I would take it with a heavy shaker of salt, tbh.

Forget the heavy shaker, I'm taking this with a bulk carrier worth of salt. 

And I for one do not trust hearsay from a user of a 3rd party site.

2 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Hmmmm yeah dont trust it, this all seems off in a way. Even if it was true i still use invigorations im having fun with dumb buffs, titania with 250% damage on secondaries makes dexpixia a lich/sister shredder 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

titania with 250% damage on secondaries makes dexpixia a lich/sister shredder 

While other players get +5 jumps on Hydroid or Mag

DE: "Perfectly balanced, as all things should be"

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

No one said DE is out to balance anything.

Wait until next week, it's not the end of the world lol.

It should be balanced, how is that even a question?

& we all know next week some is gonna have energy regen on Inaros, plus max shields on Grendel, or something dumb like that

The invigoration system is flawed in every way possible

34 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

It should be balanced, how is that even a question?

& we all know next week some is gonna have energy regen on Inaros, plus max shields on Grendel, or something dumb like that

The invigoration system is flawed in every way possible

My grendel has 100 range and 1000 armor, and my inaros has 75 reload speed and melee crit chance.

I'm having fun with it and I'm sure others are as well. 

Not very flawed if it's working as intended. 

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

My grendel has 100 range and 1000 armor, and my inaros has 75 reload speed and melee crit chance.

I'm having fun with it and I'm sure others are as well. 

Not very flawed if it's working as intended. 

ok

Archived