Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So should DE make skins for projectiles?

I see that soaktron rifle skin is a neat skin, but still having the weapon's original projectile instead of splash of water is a major turn off for me so I have to say it : make us able to change the projectile appearance too.

Not only that, they can make some projectile skins to sell for those who want it (tonkor with infested grenade look and infested fluid as explosion effects because why not?)

Opinion?

considering how fast the projectiles travel, a visual change to them is kind of wasted. I noticed this with Jugulus infested: look up a close screenshot of their projectiles and they are insanely detailed, to the point where I question why they bothered when they only exist for a split second at high speed before missing and disappearing or hitting us and exploding. customizable explosions sounds more plausible, but you can already change the color of them, and once could argue part of a weapon's identity is in it's visual effects.

Where there are bullet hoses, this is pointless.

Bows and arrows are customizable, as the arrows stay after hitting. Projectile color via energy color is a thing at least.

Everything else would seem pointless since it's too fast to see. Just like the parazon skin, why it's there I have no idea. Now if it was visable togglable, maybe, but for the 4 seconds? Why...

• 2 weeks later...

Surprising to me that people actually care, I usually turn my projectiles to black so I could avoid seeing the spam. Back in the day, people used to spam flashy projectiles on other players' POV. It was quite annoying and DE had to tone it down.

Also depend on the skin's polygon, wouldn't it lower performance like Peculiar Bloom/Growth used to?

Archived