Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be more indication/clue/signal for incoming demolyst

UNO168

this can't be the first time players bring it up, I can't believe u ppl thought it's okay to release a game mode that soley relies on sound cue to find the enemy, there supposed to be a radar or something on top of the beacon so people can not hear/deaf can rely on visual clue to intercept the demolyst, oh yes there's a nano pixel indicator on ur screen when the demolyst is near but how does that help when players are spamming weapons and spells 24/7. that beep is not even helpful when everyone(npc included) is spamming stuff around you.

this is the result and clear indication when you don't have a capable QA team

This has been an issue ever since the mode was introduced. Those of us with difficulty hearing have a physical barrier when playing these missions that is inconsistent with every other mission type. Honestly the fact that DE have not addressed this in all this time is a big bummer. I (and many others) have a hell of a time playing this mode because the sound cues for the demolysts are not an option. I have to go around looking for visual cues and it is near useless for asinine reasons.

I am deaf on one ear and disruption relying so much on the sound effect is a very annoying because otherwise I love the game mode. I wish the visual indicator would happen as soon as the sound indicator starts. It would make disruption so much more enjoyable for me.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I wish the visual indicator would happen as soon as the sound indicator starts

Yes! A map marker to the enemy is all this needs to be accessible for hearing impaired individuals. I honestly don't understand why DE has not only refused to acknowledge this issue (it has been mentioned for a long time) but also not identified that it is a problem on their own. It must be nice that no one on their staff or in their circle of friends has any issue with hearing.

I disliked disruption demanding headphone usage. So if I am not using headphones I am at a huge disadvantage. A Compromise can be reached :

Once a Demolyst spawns, it will be instantly marked on the player's hud. To compensate, they now run faster than the previous speed to the conduit.

Recently I had a bad ear infection which reduced my hearing in one ear temporarily.  I didn't think Disruptions would be too big a deal, but it was shocking how much trouble I had finding Demolysts.  It was like being a total disruption noob again -and- drunk.  I've never failed so many conduits. 😉

While I like the sound indicators a lot and I think they're extremely well executed, there's plenty of room to improve the visual cues.   It's another area DE could do a better job of accessibility.

In a game with so many useless waypoints and markers cluttering the HUD, this is exactly the case where a marker would actually be... a perfect fit.

Not because my hearing is impaired because its not, but since I know a few people that have their hearing impaired, I believe this would be a critical improvement for Disruptions...

Spoiler

... And then someone pops out of the closet like a Borderlands midget pops from a crate "What about the Hidden Caches? Those should have markers already" to which I elegantly reply "Use Primed Animal Instinct and play the missions as you should instead of rushing ahead, because the toilet won't run away if you slow down and explore."...

there was a short period of time that I got ptsd (not clinically) from this game mode, I was hearing the beeping(from demolyst) IRL and while playing other game modes which made me feel stressed. ofc as a sane person I stopped playing this game for sometime.

but I guess de don't play their own game, don't have a capable QA team to figure this very basic stuff out.

NOW that I think about it, animal preservation can use an overhaul as well

Archived