Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's becoming absurdly difficult to make specialized builds

Tauthe

need a universal forma that cannot be bought, only farmed, that requier 5 built forma and 1 aura forma to make that will support all polarities except umbras.

as for where to put it, maybe if the new war will include a new game mode? on low enough % that i wouldent be too easy to get, but higher then the abysmal nitan extract drop chance.

En 14/8/2021 a las 23:08, -AncientWarrior- dijo:

and as for Frostie .. really a strength frost .. but hey good luck ..

I'll mention you again just for laugh at you. This is why you use strength frost, and you can scale it to level cap.

"this here is really an indicator to me that you havent quite grasped how to build your frames yet or even use them properly .. "

This is why you should shut up and continue using your builds, I'll use mine and continue experimenting on the simulacrum to get things like this.

On 2021-08-14 at 12:48 AM, Tauthe said:

Try to do a slowva, quickva and a null star Nova. Nope.

Try to do a support, eidolon and solo Chroma. Nope.

Try to do despoil, shadows and a balanced Nekros. Nope.

Try to do infected globe, grineer/corpus globe and strength Frost. Nope.

Try to do a Primed Astilla with 3 builds like I have, one for full dmg+crit, one for full status with galvanized mods and one with hunter munitions. You can't.

I agree with you that this is unpleasant, but it's also the intended design of the Polarity system: every time you polarize a slot, some builds become more within your reach, while others are pushed further from your reach.  Not being able to do every build on one weapon is by-design; otherwise there wouldn't be polarities, there would just be generic slots that reduce the cost of whatever mod is in it by half.

hace 8 horas, (PSN)Unstar dijo:

I agree with you that this is unpleasant, but it's also the intended design of the Polarity system: every time you polarize a slot, some builds become more within your reach, while others are pushed further from your reach.  Not being able to do every build on one weapon is by-design; otherwise there wouldn't be polarities, there would just be generic slots that reduce the cost of whatever mod is in it by half.

This makes no sense.

Why then they allow us to make more of the same item? Why they don't lock the items? There's proofs that they can do it! Look at daily reward mods, or some primed ones like Vigor, I have 2 because i got one before they made the changes.

The point here is to improve a system that is broken (to my perspective) since launch. And like i said before, it's working now? Yes. Do we need to change it? No. Could we do better if we change it? TOTALLY YES!!

49 minutes ago, Tauthe said:

This makes no sense.

Why then they allow us to make more of the same item? Why they don't lock the items? There's proofs that they can do it! Look at daily reward mods, or some primed ones like Vigor, I have 2 because i got one before they made the changes.

The point here is to improve a system that is broken (to my perspective) since launch. And like i said before, it's working now? Yes. Do we need to change it? No. Could we do better if we change it? TOTALLY YES!!

Careful what you ask for. Do you think the games just gonna make itself easier and lose money and player time outta the kindness of their hearts? 

If you ask for something, it's gonna come at a price by making you do something else you'll complain about.

I agree with OP that this is a minor issue. I myself have a few frames that I have to run a sub-optimal mod for because of polarities, and not specifically capacity. That being said... I do not want to select a config for every forma. Holy hell would that eat far more forma for me personally. Also, 95%+ of the time this totally isn't an issue and being able to do 3 builds instead of 1 sounds better to me. 

Whenever I've encountered this issue, I've had 2 thoughts on it:

1.Well, I must be doing something out of the ordinary with this build and

2. I wish there was a universal forma.

Now something like a universal forma would by necessity need to be rare and/or expensive (120 plat for 1 perhaps?). Then just have it act like an aura forma currently does. That being said, I think this is very much a solution to a fairly rare problem.  

On 2021-08-19 at 10:17 AM, (PSN)Unstar said:

This is entirely it.

The problem isn't really that "specialized builds are becoming hard to make" its that "I can't have every single specialized build at once"  And OP seems to see that as something utterly horrendous and wrong for some reason.

16 hours ago, Tauthe said:

This makes no sense.

No it makes 100% sense because when DE released forma that is one of the "costs" of polarization that they intended the system to have.

They wanted the system to be "you can get extra power but it costs you: Time, resources, and limits your total build options"

That was part of the design from literally day one of the forma system.  This was meant to be the polarizations systems one drawback: Limiting your build options in exchange for power.

Why then they allow us to make more of the same item?

Because it feeds back into their system:  You have to spend time, resources, and quite possibly plat for slots, to have a second weapon.
Then you need to spend more time and resources to forma that new item to fit the new build you want.

This is 100% in line with the one of the stated ideas behind the forma system.
You want to be able to have all of the specialized builds at once?  Then you need more than one of each item to do so.

The point here is to improve a system that is broken (to my perspective) since launch.

And what you see as "broken" is actually 100% intentional and meant to be there.

And I find it entirely disengenous that you started this thread with "Its absurdly difficult to make specialized builds" when you meant "I can't have every specialzied build at the same time on a piece of gear!  How dare DE design the system to prevent that!!!"
Especially because you have to try really hard to ignore how that is a 100% intentional part of the system.

Archived