Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting...

RipPaw

Hi all!

I wanted to bring this up since for the past couple of day the "mechanic" has been driving me nuts. Maybe this is just me but there is no need for a loading screen when the host leaves the group! Furthermore, upon host leaving, your buffs go away and the energy you spent on them does not replenish. This is frustrating as hell. Why do the rest of us are punished when someone leaves a group?

Lets bring up an example. You get into a group for elite onslaught and lets say that everyone makes it to round 10. You know that as soon as you enter that portal at round 11 you will get murdered by mobs. So to survive you use your skill abilities only to find out that someone in your group had to leave. Now, this isn't their fault, its the developers that decided, hey, lets make them load through again but this time without any buffs or energy since they have already spent it. I am aware that most probably max the rounds solo but its not about just elite onslaught, it applies to all forms of the game. If i wanted to play solo I would go play Destiny ;)

Can we bring this up to their attention? The Devs need to change this. Even if the loading screen stays we should all reenter the mission/round with at least some energy to reapply the buffs or with the buffs still ticking and no energy. 

There is no way, I am the only one that has issue with this.

Let me know what you all think!

2 minutes ago, RipPaw said:

Hi all!

I wanted to bring this up since for the past couple of day the "mechanic" has been driving me nuts. Maybe this is just me but there is no need for a loading screen when the host leaves the group! Furthermore, upon host leaving, your buffs go away and the energy you spent on them does not replenish. This is frustrating as hell. Why do the rest of us are punished when someone leaves a group?

Lets bring up an example. You get into a group for elite onslaught and lets say that everyone makes it to round 10. You know that as soon as you enter that portal at round 11 you will get murdered by mobs. So to survive you use your skill abilities only to find out that someone in your group had to leave. Now, this isn't their fault, its the developers that decided, hey, lets make them load through again but this time without any buffs or energy since they have already spent it. I am aware that most probably max the rounds solo but its not about just elite onslaught, it applies to all forms of the game. If i wanted to play solo I would go play Destiny ;)

Can we bring this up to their attention? The Devs need to change this. Even if the loading screen stays we should all reenter the mission/round with at least some energy to reapply the buffs or with the buffs still ticking and no energy. 

There is no way, I am the only one that has issue with this.

Let me know what you all think!

This has been an issue for the 5 years I have been playing Warframe. There appears to be little/no intent on changing/fixing this system in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This has been an issue for the 5 years I have been playing Warframe. There appears to be little/no intent on changing/fixing this system in the near future.

That is very sad and disappointing. The system is spirit breaking. All you do and all the time you spend to be better is just thrown out of the window. :(

1 minute ago, RipPaw said:

That is very sad and disappointing. The system is spirit breaking. All you do and all the time you spend to be better is just thrown out of the window. :(

It can certainly be frustrating but most game modes don't deal with it all that much. The worst mission type for this issue is Sanctuary Onslaught because people regularly leave after only 1-2 waves.

that Loading Screen is actually 100% necessary. the Host is changing, so the gamestate isn't being updated anymore. so it needs to be paused/frozen, until the new Host is ready to run it again.

however there is no need for Abilities or anything to reset, yes. that could totally be tracked and moved over, it just isn't.

49 minutes ago, RipPaw said:

there is no need for a loading screen when the host leaves the group

Yes it does, the game has to choose another host, without a host you won't get any xp or rewards in general because the game isn't connected to the servers

Archived