Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I obtain a weapon with a higher mastery rank requirement?

TennyBoy14

Question

5 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, TennyBoy14 said:

Is it possible if yes can some one please tell me all the ways I could possibly obtain a weapon with a higher mastery rank then I have.

Only way to Bypass MR requirements for any piece of equipment in the game is either Purchasing them from the Market or through Prime Access packs.

If an item cant be bought from the Market or Prime Access then you are forced to reach the required MR in order to obtain them with the exceptions i believe being the Kuva/Tenet weapons.

You cannot purchase weapons directly through the Market if you don't have the needed MR.

An exception / oversight (?) is bundles that include weapons.

Besides Lich / Sister weapons, there's further instances of the game rewarding you gear regardless of your MR,
like from Quests, Events, stream drops, stuff like that.

MR is only checked when buying / crafting, anything else is fair game.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Pay-to-Win.

I don't think that term means what you think it means.

Most common route is a Tenet or Kuva weapon from a Sister of Parvos or Kuva Lich respectively. When vanquished (not converted) the pre-built weapon will appear in your inventory upon mission completion.

I wouldn't really recommend it for low-MR players though. Progression to the more powerful weapons is kind of in place for a reason (even though it can be completely bypassed with the above strategy... go figure), to experiment with the different types and styles of weapons, get a feel for what you like and gradually unlock the hardest-hitting gear as you level up. Going straight for a Bramma/Envoy/Nukor/whatever right off the bat is going to basically invalidate a large portion of the game's arsenal, and probably lead you to getting bored/burnt out faster.

Besides, MR requirement isn't always an indication of damage potential. I've been using Convectrix as my main Steel Path primary of late and it does great!

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

I don't think that term means what you think it means.

Depends on you Define 'winning'

in a modern open-ended game, with no final "congrats you win!" screen

I define winning as how Fast one Progresses towards the (ever moving) goalpost.

market purchases allow one to skip grind and get things Faster, thus from that perspective you are paying to 'win'

basically, its a race with no finish line, but your speed still matters.

Archived