Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ground strike attack angle. (Fixed :D )

Klomster

Greetings.

Logging in to play the plague star event i noticed two things. One was the enemies not spawning, fixed with relogging and then the horrid latency, but that's probably because EVERYONE logged in to play plague star. No big deal.

What i did notice tho was the attack angle of the ground strike, as in, aim down while in the air, you launch into an attack towards the ground.
As a favorite part of how i move around the world, i utilize this often and with at least some proficiency.

But the attack angle changed, i'm certain. (I tried an Ayatan hunt to confirm, almost missed an important platform, oh yes, the angle changed.)
Sure, one can still activate it as easily as it used to, but the actual warframe falls short.
So i think the angle is like 45 degrees, for this example i'll use that, DE will know. But if i aim the usual 45 degrees, i attack at like, 30, i guess. Far shorter.

I understand why it was lowered, before one could launch at like, nearly horizontal and gain tremendous speed that way and that was honestly a bit silly. But this is a bit too much on the short end.
So if it was 45 and now is 30, i suggest 35-40. If it was 45 and now is 40, i'd suggest 42-43. Not back to the exact, but a tweak.

No idea if it's just me, but to me this really affects how i move through a level. So i'd love to see it fixed.

10 hours ago, Klomster said:

Greetings.

Logging in to play the plague star event i noticed two things. One was the enemies not spawning, fixed with relogging and then the horrid latency, but that's probably because EVERYONE logged in to play plague star. No big deal.

What i did notice tho was the attack angle of the ground strike, as in, aim down while in the air, you launch into an attack towards the ground.
As a favorite part of how i move around the world, i utilize this often and with at least some proficiency.

But the attack angle changed, i'm certain. (I tried an Ayatan hunt to confirm, almost missed an important platform, oh yes, the angle changed.)
Sure, one can still activate it as easily as it used to, but the actual warframe falls short.
So i think the angle is like 45 degrees, for this example i'll use that, DE will know. But if i aim the usual 45 degrees, i attack at like, 30, i guess. Far shorter.

I understand why it was lowered, before one could launch at like, nearly horizontal and gain tremendous speed that way and that was honestly a bit silly. But this is a bit too much on the short end.
So if it was 45 and now is 30, i suggest 35-40. If it was 45 and now is 40, i'd suggest 42-43. Not back to the exact, but a tweak.

No idea if it's just me, but to me this really affects how i move through a level. So i'd love to see it fixed.

Yeah, it definittely happened. It's awful, greatly reducing mobility. My movement flow in missions is severely impacted, i fell into a dozen chasms because instead of long range slam you now fall like a rock. It feels like it used to be 45 degrees, and now is 15... I can't even imagine doing any Jupiter missions with this new 'feature'. 

If DE feels like it was unbalancing melee, i wouldn't mind decreasing slam damage for more horizontal slams, keeping full damage for fully downward slams only. Just leave my mobility alone. Awesome movement flow is one of the main reasons i play warframe and not Destiny 2 or sth else. 

Archived