Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My love for Nyx and Mind control + three important buffs to make mind control much more tactical.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Nyx is always a breath of fresh air for me, she's not durable nor strong, she doesn't deal direct damage, she has a gimmick ability, and a CC that doesn't really guarantee to stop enemies from targeting her.

her only survivability tool is the assimilate augment, but it comes at a hefty cost of limited mobility, and high energy consumption when taking heavy damage. 

despite all this, she works wonders in sorties, steel path and pretty much anywhere. Her gimmicky tools work which creates satisfying gameplay moments, even Mind Control...

Mind control's potential comes from the player himself, you just have to use the right target for the right job, either an ancient to protect objectives and yourself, a Corrupted corpus unit to kill people with their high spread shotguns, gunners work too, bombards are the most effective if you really want your target to focus on damage.

the Problem with Mind control is the enemy Ai (Obviously) not their intelligence nor damage, but their speed and priorities, they don't follow you like specters do, they always out and about staring at the abyss, waiting to get alerted again, they might follow you if you get too far away, but that doesn't always happen. their attack speed is really slow, not enough to count on them.

I just wish we had some changes to it, i don't know if they'll ever tweak her again.

changes like:

Enemies affected by psychic bolts become priority targets for Nyx's mind control minion.

if you Mind control an enemy affected by Chaos, they become 100% faster.

if you Mind control an enemy affected by psychic bolts, they will not move but only shoot.

enemies that are affected by Chaos AND Psychic bolts won't move but shoot and attack 100% faster. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Give me this and I'll be happy

11 hours ago, Reaper76OTP said:

if you Mind control an enemy affected by Chaos, they become 100% faster.

if you Mind control an enemy affected by psychic bolts, they will not move but only shoot.

Ooh, IS THAT SYNERGY?  I like the sounnd of that.

i'm really happy you guys are liking these synergy buff ideas.
the main point is to have full control of your mind control target, and manage how you want them to behave.

you can plant your mind control target in place and become a defensive bodyguard.

or make it follow your weakened enemies.

you can control it's speed, as i'm fully aware that a high speed Ai is a lot more efficient than a smart one. (from testing mind control with Speed nova :D) 

I love Nyx so much. She's one of my favourites despite being considered one of the worst frames in the game. She certainly has her niche uses. But it's really hard to do anything with her in steal path. I think something that could help is her mind control'd target drawing enemy fire. Absorption needs to be 100% damage reduction or you're STILL gonna die in steel path. Also it does almost no damage to grineer in steel path unless you pyschic bolts which could be seen as synergy but it just doesn't feel impactful with the massive armor bonus. 

3 hours ago, Velaethia said:

Absorption needs to be 100% damage reduction

can you please provide me with more context on how you want an invincible minion that doesn't take damage absorb 100% damage taken from Nyx making her invincible? 

i don't think we need more Damage reduction on Warframes, i'm sick and tired of damage reduction abilities, i'm tankful Nyx doesn't have any, and she's more of a high risk character, with tactical initiatives in battle

if you're having that much trouble in steel path, then just use assimilate, but use it wisely because enemy fire eats your energy up in seconds, use it in short bursts of defense, take care of shield invincible frames, and use a melee stance with high mobility for transport during Assimilate.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

can you please provide me with more context on how you want an invincible minion that doesn't take damage absorb 100% damage taken from Nyx making her invincible? 

Don't think you understood what I said.

i don't think we need more Damage reduction on Warframes, i'm sick and tired of damage reduction abilities, i'm tankful Nyx doesn't have any, and she's more of a high risk character, with tactical initiatives in battle

This would be all fine and dandy if things in steel path didn't do redic damage and you can't realistically dodge all attacks.

She's also considered one of the worst warframes currently. Funny that.

I love these synergy ideas. They feel lightweight and make the abilities more useful, but not in a way where it's intrusive to think about how to best use the abilities together. I still don't think that Mind Control will be especially useful as a damage ability, even with a speed buff and armor strip and the damage buff, but a speed boost would at least make them use special abilities like knockdowns faster/more often. 

8 hours ago, Velaethia said:

This would be all fine and dandy if things in steel path didn't do redic damage and you can't realistically dodge all attacks.

That's not necessarily a problem if you abuse shield gating. Use the Decaying Dragon Key, Rolling Guard, Brief Respite, and smart ability use, and you'll be pretty much unkillable, even as a Warframe made of paper mâché like Nyx. 

Yeah, it's a cheese strategy, but so is stacking DR to facetank everything. 

5 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

I still don't think that Mind Control will be especially useful as a damage ability,

Well in terms of just Damage, My mind control minion deals enough damage with Mind freak and stacking up to 2k+ damage multiplier on it, it's the DPS or frequency of attack that's lacking.

I Think what people forget about when using this ability, is to actually choose the type of enemy you want to convert, you can't just choose a butcher and expect mad Room wipe.

you just have to choose the perfect candidate, you have to.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Someone made a rework of hearing the fan concepts that I felt was similar to this, idk if I cam still find it but these are Def some nice ideas, she just needs a little more still imo.

i know right? 

for me i'd want to replace Absorb to something else, but maybe some people still find Assimilate mandatory for survivability.

i'd also wish for a new Passive, since you really can't feel like she has a passive at all.

her old passive was honestly more apparent and it happened more often 

8 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

That's not necessarily a problem if you abuse shield gating. Use the Decaying Dragon Key, Rolling Guard, Brief Respite, and smart ability use, and you'll be pretty much unkillable, even as a Warframe made of paper mâché like Nyx. 

yeah you shouldn't have to exploit random shizzle together in order to be unkillable.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Well in terms of just Damage, My mind control minion deals enough damage with Mind freak and stacking up to 2k+ damage multiplier on it, it's the DPS or frequency of attack that's lacking.

how do you get 2k damage modifier? The highest I can get reliably is 1.5k

4 hours ago, Velaethia said:

how do you get 2k damage modifier? The highest I can get reliably is 1.5k

i use Stropha, to be honest, Stropha is my go to weapon for every content, it solves so many problems that it became mandatory for me.

in the case of stacking damage on your minion, press the mind control button then immediately heavy attack the target, 3 heavy attacks will get you to 2k+ very easily 

Archived