Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Leeching... Let's Talk

Staffo92

Look... I get that this system of having one player be able to put several catalysts and phylaxes (will be called goops going forwards) in order to - in terms of standing gain - "carry" the squad is probably in order to foster a sense of community for this event and help early players. But what ends up happening is that you have players that don't contribute anything and instead "leech" off of other players goops.

If the case was that only low to mid MR players do this - seeing as they might not a) belong to a clan so they don't have catalyst BP, b) isn't high enough rank with Operational Supply/Nakak in order to have the phylaxis BP, or c) they simply don't have the material - but there are several MR 25 - 31 that simply don't add any, more than likely in hope that someone else dunks goop on their behalf.

Also, I know that the goops aren't that expensive to make, but it's really annoying when a player - or several - simply wants someone else to do the legwork and just reap the rewards (and sometimes complain about it when people don't do so)...

So what to do then?

Simple, split up the bounty to 4 separate bounties: one with no goops, one for each of the goops (one for using catalyst, and one for phylaxis), and one with both of them... and in order for people to the bounty, they need to have the goops (in regards to which bounty they chose) in they're gear wheel and on interacting with the mixer, it uses the goops. Basically the same as the Razorback Armada event with the Razorback Cyphers, or the Fomorian event with the Fomorian Disruptors.

This would eliminate the "leeching" and sadly slow down the initial ranking-up progress (you only need a total of 3k standing for the phylaxis BP btw), but not leave early event players in the dust totally. 👍

Anyway, wanted to get this off my chest, cuz I don't know about the rest of the community, but this is really starting to get annoying... but I also know that this is simply one players opinion 😅 sooo... discuss 👌

The very first day when the event started, the very first mission i ran, The team was 3/4, when we got to the infuser i quickly injected 4 of the Eidolon Phylax to speed things up a bit and waited to see who would fill in the rest. No one in my team added anything and they were MR20 end 25. I didnt add the Mutagen because i had accidentally forgotten to add it to my gear wheel so i asked on the chat if anyone would add them and didnt even get a reply. Luckily another teammate joined soon after, a Rhino Prime MR below 20 and he came up and added the 4 Mutagen him self. Sadly we werent able to complete the mission because the last phase was bugged and wasnt spawning the infested which later got patched.

52 minutes ago, Staffo92 said:

So what to do then?

Simple, split up the bounty to 4 separate bounties: one with no goops, one for each of the goops (one for using catalyst, and one for phylaxis), and one with both of them... and in order for people to the bounty, they need to have the goops (in regards to which bounty they chose) in they're gear wheel and on interacting with the mixer, it uses the goops. Basically the same as the Razorback Armada event with the Razorback Cyphers, or the Fomorian event with the Fomorian Disruptors.

The moment i started reading your topic this exact idea came to mind and i very much support it.

15 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Or just retire the gear items so the mission always runs like it's 4/4. What do they even add? A critically-needed resource sink for Grokdrul and Nistlepod?

Grokdrul and Nistlepods are very easy to come by in the plains, anyone who has done a few missions there will have quite a few to spare, also you can grab more wile on the go in the event so i dont see this as an issue.

42 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Grokdrul and Nistlepods are very easy to come by in the plains, anyone who has done a few missions there will have quite a few to spare, also you can grab more wile on the go in the event so i dont see this as an issue.

Uhh, right? So if it's a common item anyone will have tons of, why do we need to craft it into a gear item if the mere presence of the gear item is causing friction? What greater purpose do the gear items serve to justify adding friction to the event?

Or simply make Plague star same as Razorback and Formorian and make a requirement of having     one of each resource equipped in your gear to even be able to start mission,same as having razorback cipher and formorian disruptor equipped . Idk why DE didnt do this already because idk who is more worse, ones who are leeching or people who are calling them out. 

3 hours ago, RistN said:

Or simply make Plague star same as Razorback and Formorian and make a requirement of having     one of each resource equipped in your gear to even be able to start mission,same as having razorback cipher and formorian disruptor equipped . Idk why DE didnt do this already because idk who is more worse, ones who are leeching or people who are calling them out. 

This is the perfect solution. If you do not have one of each in your wheel, you cannot enter the mission. Entirely remove the need for entering the items into the console, and simply make it an automatic procedure.

Due to this nonsense, myself and my friends usually close the party off and simply choose to bite the bullet and use the extra items ourselves.

If you're the mr25 who loads up all the 4+4 into the mixer

thus Forcing the mission into hard mode for the 3 hapless mr9s you got matchmade with -where now they literally cannot contribute relevant dps.

then you have no business calling them leechers, they didn't sign on for that.

go use recruiting if you want to play it high level.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

thus Forcing the mission into hard mode for the 3 hapless mr9s you got matchmade with -where now they literally cannot contribute relevant dps.

If you are in a public squad, you should be going in with zero expectations about what other people are going to be doing (or not doing) during the mission - except that they will be working (or trying to work) towards successfully finishing the mission. If you want to decide what does or does not happen during the mission - recruiting chat is your best hope!

So if you want to make sure other players in your squad don't load up the mixer - you should be the one using recruiting!

In the same way as how if you expect everyone to contribute to the mixer - that should also be discussed in recruiting chat! And if you do decide to load up the mixer all by yourself - you should be prepared to carry the rest of your squad if necessary!

5 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

4 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

If you are in a public squad, you should be going in with zero expectations about what other people are going to be doing (or not doing) during the mission - except that they will be working (or trying to work) towards successfully finishing the mission. If you want to decide what does or does not happen during the mission - recruiting chat is your best hope!

So if you want to make sure other players in your squad don't load up the mixer - you should be the one using recruiting!

In the same way as how if you expect everyone to contribute to the mixer - that should also be discussed in recruiting chat! And if you do decide to load up the mixer all by yourself - you should be prepared to carry the rest of your squad if necessary!

If I worked at DE... I wouldn't know how to handle this situation because really... You're both Right 😱 !!!

Maybe I would see if Riot Games is hiring 😁 !!!

Archived