Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please lay off the new Corpus Defense mission

SteveCutler

On 2021-09-25 at 8:09 PM, (PSN)crashteddy03 said:

Consider yourself lucky. I had an entire mission of it on this map. Not a single enemy moved from their spawn point towards the defense target. Nope, not even one.

With four players (pub match) it took us 20 minutes to do 5 rounds because we had to move around the exterior of the map to find each enemy. I've hated this map ever since.

No Vauban in the squad? Let those little rollers fly!

On 2021-09-25 at 9:10 PM, Lutesque said:

I encountered that In My last Excavator... The AI tried to path it's way directly to the Objective causing it to just Stop Moving right In front of the wall... When I showed up there they didn't even Shoot at me .... It's like it was intentionally Trolling me... 😱 !!!

Who knows, maybe they were...The Kid Mero Halloween GIF by Desus & Mero

On 2021-09-25 at 9:48 PM, SteveCutler said:

Nobody likes this tileset. Nobody wants to play it.

"Io" or the one with Elevator?

They both are too complex for current enemy AI.   Enemies are just too freaking slow at running though complex terrain.  They get stuck a lot and often take cover really far from objective, where nobody can see them. 

I think DE must improve enemy movement and pathfinding before releasing any new maps.   Enemies are ignored entirely by level designers.

On 2021-10-02 at 3:52 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No Vauban in the squad? Let those little rollers fly!

I can't remember the squad composition other than that I was probably using Wukong. I doubt the little rollers would have made much difference - might have killed one or two eventually...

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Won't they make things worse since they Stun rather than Kill ?

Well they weren't moving anyway, so probably wouldn't have made much difference.

Archived