Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Nyx good for?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Il y a 19 heures, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

Ok I agree and don’t agree.

Depending on the situation, frames CAN armor strip better. Imagine radial javelin but armor strip. Good range and versatility right?

now look at frost’s avalanche. Much smaller range, good for swarms.

who wins?

nobody, it depends on the situation.

third yes her abilities are a bit overvalued but that’s because she is a bit limited to certain situations. She does what’s she’s good at and does it WELL.

The same thing happened to limbo and after asking around and researching I learned how to use him, and guess what? Found out he was… no the word isn’t op… just that he is THE best defensive frame, THE best life saver, THE best trapper (he can trap people in rift forever) and the KING of rescue, arbitration Defense, sabotage, mobile Defense, Defense and capture. He isn’t op, he’s just convenient and works (except for the people who don’t know how to use him or use him for trolling, lol. His abilities underexplained though). 

Perfect answer. Thank yoy very much. I agree with everything. 👍

Just one thing I'd like to add : Limbo with Aquablades infused is just great. I've even made a Youtube video on that.

Il y a 8 heures, _Tormex_ a dit :

The effect of Chaos =/= the effect of the radiation status effect. Radiation is far less versatile. For example, Chaos can be used on Sentients and radiation has no effect.

Lol get good. If you are worrying about taking damage during Chaos, then you're doing something wrong.

Cause that's what we want in a game where killing things as fast as possible is the META. For them to run away and be harder to shoot. Personally, I prefer for them to be standing still with their head in their hands. Makes killing them easier.

And again, how exactly is Chaos not giving you breathing time? Either you aren't paying attention to the game that you're playing very well or you're just trolling at this point.

Anyway, Terrify isn't even the best CC move on Nekros. Shadows is better since it gives multiple targets with aggro and they deal damage and can increase your survivability with the right mods.

That's it. very simple and clear answer that explains the difference between Terrify and Cahos.

You're absolutely right : if someone is worrying about taking damage during Chaos, he's surely doing something wrong. No Nyx player has this kind of problem.

Il y a 17 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Tell that to Valkyr who’s entire kit gets overshadowed By Sevagoths 4th ability.

Really ???

Valkyr has much more mobility than Sevagoth's Shadow,with her 1st.

Valkyr can buff melee weapons' attack speed for all the squad (with Aug mod this can last for the whole mission) and Sevagoth's Shadow can't.

Valkyr can open enemies to finishers with her 3rd, which is useful to activate Arcane Ultimatum and Trickery (to a stealth Valkyr), and Sevagoth's Shadow can't.

Valkyr is unvulnerable with her 4th (with a certain build, she can be invulnerable for the whole mission : you just need a Dethcube and a maxed Arcane Energize), and Sevagoth's Shadow isn't.

Overshadowed ??? Not at all.

23 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Valkyr can open enemies to finishers with her 3rd, which is useful to activate Arcane Ultimatum and Trickery (to a stealth Valkyr), and Sevagoth's Shadow can't.

To be fair... Arcane Trickery is Rubbish now so it's just Ultimatum that's good...

24 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Valkyr is unvulnerable with her 4th (with a certain build, she can be invulnerable for the whole mission : you just need a Dethcube and a maxed Arcane Energize), and Sevagoth's Shadow isn't.

I think Survivability is extremely overrated in this game... What good is being Immortal if your Claws are Tiny ?... Il take Baruuk or Excal over The Kitty any day.... Atleast they can actually hit stuff...

2 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Really ???

Valkyr has much more mobility than Sevagoth's Shadow,with her 1st.

Valkyr can buff melee weapons' attack speed for all the squad (with Aug mod this can last for the whole mission) and Sevagoth's Shadow can't.

Overshadowed ??? Not at all.

Shadow has Consume. Which is just a dash forward. That’s ultimately a lot better than Valkyr trying to swing around like Spider-Man.

Shadow can debuff enemies in an AOE. Massively increasing its damage output on them. This makes valkyrs attack speed buff and finisher open redundant. As it effectively does both their jobs.

Shadow can pull a mob of enemies right in front of it while Valkyr can only pull one enemy and fling it behind her.

Shadows Claws are stronger, have better reach and have a significantly better stance than Valkyrs claws. They’re also treated as a normal melee weapon which allows them kill things Valkyrs claws can’t.

Shadow is tanky and has a self heal. It’s no invulnerability but it’s close enough. It can also enter Nullifiers bubbles with minimal effect to itself. Valkyrs 2 and 4 get deactivated when she does that.

Shadow completely overshadows Valkyr.

Il y a 2 heures, Lutesque a dit :

To be fair... Arcane Trickery is Rubbish now so it's just Ultimatum that's good...

I think Survivability is extremely overrated in this game... What good is being Immortal if your Claws are Tiny ?... Il take Baruuk or Excal over The Kitty any day.... Atleast they can actually hit stuff...

Arcane Trickery is very useful : you just have to learn how to use it.

Just use Valkyrs 3rd with Aug Mod : enemies will fly to you and you just have to kill them. It's really very easy to pack mobs and exterminate them with Valkyr.

Survivability is very important (Primum vivere, deinde bene vivere ! 😁), mostly on long runs on Steel Path. When you just ignore the damage you take, the game becomes much easier. But there are many way to survive : kill enemies before they kill you, crowd control, tank, ... etc , invulnerable abilities are just one of them.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Arcane Trickery is very useful : you just have to learn how to use it.

I knew how to use it before and after its Nerf...it's really bad now compared to how it worked before...

Survivability is very important

Ofcourse it is... But its still extremely Overrated by both the Developers and the community....

When you just ignore the damage you take, the game becomes much easier.

True... But your ability to Complete objectives isn't much faster... Hence why I think it's overrated...

il y a une heure, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

Wait what ability do you replace for the limbo-aqua blades?

You can replace any of his abilities, but I usually replace his 3rd, as I use the others more often.

A Limbo Aquablades uses almost aquablades and his passive (with Rolling Guard for more security). Sometimes, his 4th with 2nd can be very useful, but you can really chose the ability you use the less to be replaced by Aquablades.

Il y a 3 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Shadow has Consume. Which is just a dash forward. That’s ultimately a lot better than Valkyr trying to swing around like Spider-Man.

Nope, Consume is hard to control, doesn't work to go to high places and have a much smaller range.

Shadow can debuff enemies in an AOE. Massively increasing its damage output on them. This makes valkyrs attack speed buff and finisher open redundant. As it effectively does both their jobs.

I agree that Sevagoth's Shadow has a nice debuff of damage vulnerability, but a buff of attack speed with your melee weapons can make much more damage, just think about combo counter and status effect : it's just OP. Nevertheless, both abilities are great and work very well to kill mobs faster. Notice that it's Valkyr's 3rd that opens to finishers, the second effect of Warcry is to speed down enemies (buff warframe attack speed and debuff mobs' speed).

Shadow can pull a mob of enemies right in front of it while Valkyr can only pull one enemy and fling it behind her.

Nope. With her 1st, Valkyr can pull one mob, but with her 3rd and its Aug Mod (Prolongd Paralysis), she can pull every enemy around her with a 10m base range. Very easy and fast way to pack mobs. With max range and used with Warcry, you can have a great crowd control as enemies withh fly towards you in slow motion. Her 3rd ability is very versatile and can be used in many different ways. And, not to forget, finishers, that are never redundant.

Shadows Claws are stronger, have better reach and have a significantly better stance than Valkyrs claws. They’re also treated as a normal melee weapon which allows them kill things Valkyrs claws can’t.

Valkyr's Talons are also OP, but it's true that Shadow's Claws have a better range and a better instance, but they are not as fast as Valkyr's Talons. Even though, Talons can kill everything, and very fast, with a permanent red crit, if you use Aug Mods and make a build for it.

Shadow is tanky and has a self heal. It’s no invulnerability but it’s close enough. It can also enter Nullifiers bubbles with minimal effect to itself. Valkyrs 2 and 4 get deactivated when she does that.

Valkyr is much more tanky than sevagoth's Shadow : much more armor (Valkyr: 600, Valkyr Prime: 700, Shadow: 450), abilities to be more tanky (Warcry armor buff, which, with a maxed Steel Fiber, gives Valkyr 1650 armor).

Valkyr also heal herself with her 4th.

Despite appearances, Valkyr is not a masochist frame : she doesn't enters the Nullifier bubble, she explodes them very easy with her speed buffed Talons. Can't you do that with Sevagoth's Shadow ?

Shadow completely overshadows Valkyr.

As you can see, nope, not at all.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Nope, Consume is hard to control, doesn't work to go to high places and have a much smaller range.

I agree that Sevagoth's Shadow has a nice debuff of damage vulnerability, but a buff of attack speed with your melee weapons can make much more damage, just think about combo counter and status effect : it's just OP. Nevertheless, both abilities are great and work very well to kill mobs faster. Notice that it's Valkyr's 3rd that opens to finishers, the second effect of Warcry is to speed down enemies (buff warframe attack speed and debuff mobs' speed).

Nope. With her 1st, Valkyr can pull one mob, but with her 3rd and its Aug Mod (Prolongd Paralysis), she can pull every enemy around her with a 10m base range. Very easy and fast way to pack mobs. With max range and used with Warcry, you can have a great crowd control as enemies withh fly towards you in slow motion. Her 3rd ability is very versatile and can be used in many different ways. And, not to forget, finishers, that are never redundant.

Valkyr's Talons are also OP, but it's true that Shadow's Claws have a better range and a better instance, but they are not as fast as Valkyr's Talons. Even though, Talons can kill everything, and very fast, with a permanent red crit, if you use Aug Mods and make a build for it.

Valkyr is much more tanky than sevagoth's Shadow : much more armor (Valkyr: 600, Valkyr Prime: 700, Shadow: 450), abilities to be more tanky (Warcry armor buff, which, with a maxed Steel Fiber, gives Valkyr 1650 armor).

Valkyr also heal herself with her 4th.

Despite appearances, Valkyr is not a masochist frame : she doesn't enters the Nullifier bubble, she explodes them very easy with her speed buffed Talons. Can't you do that with Sevagoth's Shadow ?

As you can see, nope, not at all.

Then bullet jump. It can do that too. Also ask any Valkyr main they’ll tell you that they’d be more than happy to see Ripline go as bullet jumping makes it’s movement option redundant.

Shadow can literally massacre anything when they’re affect by it’s 3. It’s ridiculous to start arguing semantics over whether the attack speed buff is better than the debuff when shadow with the debuff is just far more effective than Valkyr with the speed buff.

Nobody uses Paralysis’s augment. Everyone goes for Eternal War. And Valkyr doesn’t really have enough wiggle room in modding to go for both.

You’re forgetting the part where Valkyrs 4 is also entirely able to kill her. Shadow doesn’t have any drawbacks like that.

Technically how I deal with nullifiers as Shadow is using its gap closer to approach when hits the bubble multiple times and then I hit the nullifiers a few times to kill it. I still enter the bubble but I’m their for less than half a second.

Just gonna completely ignore me saying Shadow claws are better than Valkyrs claws? What, don’t want to acknowledge something you can’t find some kind of counter too?

22 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Thralls don’t work exactly as Shadows do (I already had this argument with someone else. I don’t want to repeat that headache). There’s similarities, but ultimately Enthrall is more a CC ability and Shadows are more of a summons ability.

Not exactly but you could say their a bit similar. 

9 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

You can replace any of his abilities, but I usually replace his 3rd, as I use the others more often.

A Limbo Aquablades uses almost aquablades and his passive (with Rolling Guard for more security). Sometimes, his 4th with 2nd can be very useful, but you can really chose the ability you use the less to be replaced by Aquablades.

Really sorry but I am not going to replace the holy rift surge. It saved my life about 12 times yesterday.

I’ll make another limbo and try though.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then bullet jump. It can do that too. Also ask any Valkyr main they’ll tell you that they’d be more than happy to see Ripline go as bullet jumping makes it’s movement option redundant.

Shadow can literally massacre anything when they’re affect by it’s 3. It’s ridiculous to start arguing semantics over whether the attack speed buff is better than the debuff when shadow with the debuff is just far more effective than Valkyr with the speed buff.

Nobody uses Paralysis’s augment. Everyone goes for Eternal War. And Valkyr doesn’t really have enough wiggle room in modding to go for both.

You’re forgetting the part where Valkyrs 4 is also entirely able to kill her. Shadow doesn’t have any drawbacks like that.

Technically how I deal with nullifiers as Shadow is using its gap closer to approach when hits the bubble multiple times and then I hit the nullifiers a few times to kill it. I still enter the bubble but I’m their for less than half a second.

Just gonna completely ignore me saying Shadow claws are better than Valkyrs claws? What, don’t want to acknowledge something you can’t find some kind of counter too?

8 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I experienced this problem with those stupid flying sentients in railjack. How to fix:

Bullet jump to the same level of height as the sentient.

maintain that height with glide.

Consume. 
done. 

The debuting really works…

On steel path they are redundant.

Ok nidus and sevagoth have a very similar ability. Embrace, larva. Once you slap a stretch on, you’ll notice that the embrace becomes absolutely insane.

since shadow is melee based, it works really well and then he can just hit 1 time and kill everything.

Ok I personally think sevagoth overshadows Valkyr. I have solid reason.

first of all, he had 8 abilities and 2 forms. If you are low on health you can release your shadow, and when the death well is full you get max health restore.

second of all, the duality. Sevagoth is on the squishy side but I only just noticed how tanky shadow is..

third of all, healing. The best part. He can heal his allies in main form and himself in shadow form. That not enough?

Fourth of all: Immortal. You don’t need to be tanky if your immortal. The thing is the shadow can be killed fast in high levels but when you use consume you heal so you heal YOUR SHADOW and your reviving yourself at the same time! Also you can purposely die to insta kill one of those annoying enemies.

The claws are slower but let’s not deny it works really well right?

Its slower, but excellent damage, nice mobility, and very good moves in the stance.

slap on a quickening if you still don’t like the speed, but I’d say it’s fairly decent.

WAIIIIT I just noticed a pun!

”Shadow completely OVERSHADOWS”

Over shadows! Shadow! 

Aug Mod (Prolongd Paralysis

See here’s the thing, shadow WITHOUT an augment embrace is better than her first.

For her spider man hook to be equally/more good, she needs an augment. 
I’d take embrace over spider man hook ANYTIME because he doesn’t need a augment for efficiency.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

This makes valkyrs attack speed buff and finisher open redundant. As it effectively does both their jobs.

You can’t deny this is true.

It’s quite easy to figure out (I also explained it earlier).

Its not too hard to control, the only thing is it doesn’t work for some enemies for some weird reason. Raknoids like the railjack ones and some of the small moas…

anyway, using consume is the most satisfying thing ever.

1. If the enemy is high up, bullet jump to the Same level of height then consume (eating sentients is really fun).

2. Wait it has a small range? I’ve always had trouble with it because I accidentally pressed the ability and went 10 meters from my intended target… 

3. If the enemy is on middle ground get close to them, line up carefully and quickly eat them…. 
4. If they are down low then just jump down and eat them or if it’s like those jet pack dudes in Jupiter, jump down until your on equal level with them, glide, then consume quickly.

Il y a 13 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

I do, and very very often, and many Valkyr mains also, Sometimes with Eternal war, but not always. And a 360° pull that opens mobs to ground finishers, which means you can kill them in just one hit (even on Steel Path) is just broken : by the way ground finisher multiplier is greater than Shadows debuff.

As I just said, both can do the work. It's up to the player to choose. And it's not semantics, it's the game mechanics : Shadow has more base damage, but Valkyr has more attack speed. Again, as I said above, no, it's not more effective : Valkyr can make one-hit kills with a 360° pull on a whole wave of Steel Path mobs, which means also a great crowd control, and in addition, she is invulnerable all the time she does it with her 4th. Shadows doesn't have a 360° pull, he debuffs, but it's not as great as ground finisher damage multiplier, he is slower, and he is not invulnerable (he can massacre, and be massacred). Both can do the work, but in different ways. You can't say Shadow in more effective than Valkyr.

Only if you don't know how to use it. I never dies while using Valkyr's 4th.

I think you didn't read my previous post. Here is it :

Il y a 16 heures, (NSW)AegisFifi a dit :

Valkyr Talons are much faster (base speed) tha Sevagoth's Claws, can have more crit chance and can benefit from attack speed buff and from ground finisher multiplier from Valkyrs abilities. A faster weapon mens more damage per socend, more combo points, more status effect on the target. Valkyr talons, with Warcry, can easily get a 3 hits per second attack speed speed, so much more damage, debuff from status effect, combo, and can benefit from finisher multiplier. I hope I won't have to say this again, it's becoming boring.

Il y a 10 heures, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

Really sorry but I am not going to replace the holy rift surge. It saved my life about 12 times yesterday.

I’ll make another limbo and try though.

It's your choice. Limbo is an excellent frame and can be played on many ways. His 3rd can save your life many times, Aquablade+Passive will put your life in safety all the time.

Just choose what pleases you the most and have fun with it. 😃

Il y a 10 heures, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

I experienced this problem with those stupid flying sentients in railjack. How to fix:

Bullet jump to the same level of height as the sentient.

maintain that height with glide.

Consume. 
done. 

The debuting really works…

On steel path they are redundant.

Ok nidus and sevagoth have a very similar ability. Embrace, larva. Once you slap a stretch on, you’ll notice that the embrace becomes absolutely insane.

since shadow is melee based, it works really well and then he can just hit 1 time and kill everything.

Ok I personally think sevagoth overshadows Valkyr. I have solid reason.

first of all, he had 8 abilities and 2 forms. If you are low on health you can release your shadow, and when the death well is full you get max health restore.

second of all, the duality. Sevagoth is on the squishy side but I only just noticed how tanky shadow is..

third of all, healing. The best part. He can heal his allies in main form and himself in shadow form. That not enough?

Fourth of all: Immortal. You don’t need to be tanky if your immortal. The thing is the shadow can be killed fast in high levels but when you use consume you heal so you heal YOUR SHADOW and your reviving yourself at the same time! Also you can purposely die to insta kill one of those annoying enemies.

The claws are slower but let’s not deny it works really well right?

Its slower, but excellent damage, nice mobility, and very good moves in the stance.

slap on a quickening if you still don’t like the speed, but I’d say it’s fairly decent.

WAIIIIT I just noticed a pun!

”Shadow completely OVERSHADOWS”

Over shadows! Shadow! 

I agree with almost everything, but not with some points :

1) Sevagoth doesn't has 8 abilities : Shadow has only 3 (the 4th is just te come back te Sevagoth) and 2 of them are do the same thing than Sevagoth's own abilities. Shadow has only 1st and a part of 2nd ability as its own. So, Sevagoth has 2 forms and 6 abilities. A greater number, not a greater quality. As one of my professors says : "a bunch of idiots don't make a genius". But I totally agree that Sevagoth and his Shadow are excellent I play them very often two (the number of Formas they took from me !!! 😆). Don't misunderstand me : I love Sevagoth, but I really don't think his Shadow overSHADOWS Valkyr at all.

2) Sevagoth is not as tanky as Shadow, and Shadow is not as tanky as Valkyr. They have different mechanics, so it's normal. This just means that they are different and no one overshadows the other.

3) Valkyr can heal herself just as the Shadow, but it's true she can't heal your squadmates. She can buff their armor and their attack speed though, and neither Sevagoth, nor his Shadow can do this.

3) Claws are slower, but do more damage, that's true, and it's normal : it's just like Hammers and heavy weapons : more damage, less speed, while other weapons are faster, but do less damage : again, it's normal, it's just a question of balance, to prevent from having a overcheated weapon. It's up to the player to choose which one he prefers. Sevagoth debuff is not as great as damage multiplier you can have with Valkyr, you cannot put as many status with Shadow than with Valkyr. But both works very well, as any other melee weapon. You can use Frago Prime (high damage, but not fast) or Kronen Prime (less damage, but faster) to massacre every mob in a mission: Both do the job. It's just the same for Valkyr and Shadow.

4) Valkyr 1st is much much much more efficient than bullet jumping (a very huge range) and it can pull even an ally, which Sevagoth's Shadow can't.

Just to remember : my point here was : every frame is unique and have his own set of abilities. I said this to conter people saying tha many other frames can do what Nyx does (Yes, Nyx is still the subject here) but better.

We could exclude every objection that were made against Nyx' uniqueness gameplay (even the Xaku one). The last objection was the fact that Sevagoth overshadowed Valkyr (and this means that frames are not unique). But with everything that were said, even by you, it's very clear that Valkyr and Shadow are very different : Sevagoth does not overshadow Valkyr, and Valkyr does not overshadow Sevagoth : they are just different, they don't do the same thing, they cannot be played the same way. Sevagoth can do some things Valkyr can't and Valkyr can do some things Sevagoth can't. Just that.

il y a 4 minutes, (NSW)AegisFifi a dit :

I agree with almost everything, but not with some points :

1) Sevagoth doesn't has 8 abilities : Shadow has only 3 (the 4th is just te come back te Sevagoth) and 2 of them are do the same thing than Sevagoth's own abilities. Shadow has only 1st and a part of 2nd ability as its own. So, Sevagoth has 2 forms and 6 abilities. A greater number, not a greater quality. As one of my professors says : "a bunch of idiots don't make a genius". But I totally agree that Sevagoth and his Shadow are excellent I play them very often two (the number of Formas they took from me !!! 😆). Don't misunderstand me : I love Sevagoth, but I really don't think his Shadow overSHADOWS Valkyr at all.

2) Sevagoth is not as tanky as Shadow, and Shadow is not as tanky as Valkyr. They have different mechanics, so it's normal. This just means that they are different and no one overshadows the other.

3) Valkyr can heal herself just as the Shadow, but it's true she can't heal your squadmates. She can buff their armor and their attack speed though, and neither Sevagoth, nor his Shadow can do this.

3) Claws are slower, but do more damage, that's true, and it's normal : it's just like Hammers and heavy weapons : more damage, less speed, while other weapons are faster, but do less damage : again, it's normal, it's just a question of balance, to prevent from having a overcheated weapon. It's up to the player to choose which one he prefers. Sevagoth debuff is not as great as damage multiplier you can have with Valkyr, you cannot put as many status with Shadow than with Valkyr. But both works very well, as any other melee weapon. You can use Frago Prime (high damage, but not fast) or Kronen Prime (less damage, but faster) to massacre every mob in a mission: Both do the job. It's just the same for Valkyr and Shadow.

4) Valkyr 1st is much much much more efficient than bullet jumping (a very huge range) and it can pull even an ally, which Sevagoth's Shadow can't.

Just to remember : my point here was : every frame is unique and have his own set of abilities. I said this to conter people saying tha many other frames can do what Nyx does (Yes, Nyx is still the subject here) but better.

We could exclude every objection that were made against Nyx' uniqueness gameplay (even the Xaku one). The last objection was the fact that Sevagoth overshadowed Valkyr (and this means that frames are not unique). But with everything that were said, even by you, it's very clear that Valkyr and Shadow are very different : Sevagoth does not overshadow Valkyr, and Valkyr does not overshadow Sevagoth : they are just different, they don't do the same thing, they cannot be played the same way. Sevagoth can do some things Valkyr can't and Valkyr can do some things Sevagoth can't. Just that.

I really agree with you.

People should stop saying one frame does the same than another but better. They just don't know how to play with these frames. It reminds me all the players that says that Nezha is useless, beacuse Rhino does everithing he does but better. They just don't know how to play Nezha.

Anyway, Nyx, Valkyr and Sevagoth are great and each one has it's own place int the game.

3 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I do, and very very often, and many Valkyr mains also, Sometimes with Eternal war, but not always. And a 360° pull that opens mobs to ground finishers, which means you can kill them in just one hit (even on Steel Path) is just broken : by the way ground finisher multiplier is greater than Shadows debuff.

As I just said, both can do the work. It's up to the player to choose. And it's not semantics, it's the game mechanics : Shadow has more base damage, but Valkyr has more attack speed. Again, as I said above, no, it's not more effective : Valkyr can make one-hit kills with a 360° pull on a whole wave of Steel Path mobs, which means also a great crowd control, and in addition, she is invulnerable all the time she does it with her 4th. Shadows doesn't have a 360° pull, he debuffs, but it's not as great as ground finisher damage multiplier, he is slower, and he is not invulnerable (he can massacre, and be massacred). Both can do the work, but in different ways. You can't say Shadow in more effective than Valkyr.

Only if you don't know how to use it. I never dies while using Valkyr's 4th.

I think you didn't read my previous post. Here is it :

Valkyr Talons are much faster (base speed) tha Sevagoth's Claws, can have more crit chance and can benefit from attack speed buff and from ground finisher multiplier from Valkyrs abilities. A faster weapon mens more damage per socend, more combo points, more status effect on the target. Valkyr talons, with Warcry, can easily get a 3 hits per second attack speed speed, so much more damage, debuff from status effect, combo, and can benefit from finisher multiplier. I hope I won't have to say this again, it's becoming boring.

Just because you use the augment doesn’t mean other do. Also besides eternal war the second augment for her 4 is a far better choice as it puts her 4’s damage near Baruuks 4’s level of damage. Don’t need to lock yourself into a ground finisher if your damage is already that high. 

Shadow also has more range meaning he’s going to be hitting more enemies and thus killing everything faster.

A faster attack speed doesn’t mean much when the Shadow is always going to be able to kill the enemies first.

40 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

A bunch of idiots don’t make genius is very true.

Actually is 7 because one of them is health restore to the original form (shadow 4)

I could argue that it is 8 because the 4th gives access to the other 3 or 4 abilities….

i haven’t even found the time to put in those formas lol. Once I get a good build idea I’ll start to work on it.

Sevagoth is not as tanky as Shadow, and Shadow is not as tanky as Valkyr. They have different mechanics, so it's normal. This just means that they are different and no one overshadows the other.

In terms of Tankiness chalky… how did that autocorrect into chalky… 

In terms of Tankiness Calk.. Volk…. VALKYR wins.

However first of all, sevagoth is immortal.

Second of all like I mentioned earlier, both forms can heal themselves really quickly.

Third of all… I really love the duality between those 2 forms. Sevagoth had an exalted FRAME. Everybody else had exalted weapons. Extra abilities = More versatility.

Valkyr can heal herself just as the Shadow, but it's true she can't heal your squadmates. She can buff their armor and their attack speed though, and neither Sevagoth, nor his Shadow can do this.

This is true, however Valkyr can’t snap her fingers and restore thousands of health, nor can she intentionally die and then insta kill any enemy regardless of level. 

Claws are slower, but do more damage, that's true, and it's normal : it's just like Hammers and heavy weapons : more damage, less speed, while other weapons are faster, but do less damage : again, it's normal, it's just a question of balance, to prevent from having a overcheated weapon. It's up to the player to choose which one he prefers. Sevagoth debuff is not as great as damage multiplier you can have with Valkyr, you cannot put as many status with Shadow than with Valkyr. But both works very well, as any other melee weapon. You can use Frago Prime (high damage, but not fast) or Kronen Prime (less damage, but faster) to massacre every mob in a mission: Both do the job. It's just the same for Valkyr and Shadow.

Claws is surprisingly, just the balance of a weapon. It deals quite amazing damage and it’s not THAT slow either.

Alright let me tell you something first.

Sevagoth is immortal.

His other form is also immortal because it can respawn anytime.

Both forms can heal themselves.

If you die in regular form, you get a free insta kill to 5 enemies.

SHADOW can be used to revive other players without risking your neck.

When you die, you can either use your time to revive another player or revive yourself.

This is some extremely amazing survivability and extremely versatile.

Valkyr is the TANKIEST frame in the game for health and armor.

However, she is not immortal.

she cannot heal squad mates.

she doesn’t have 5 free insta kills.

Which would you say is tankier?

In my personal opinion? Sevagoth. They can heal themselves and they are both immortal. Sevagoth heals squadmates incredibly fast as well and slows enemies. 

Now let’s compare these abilities.

1. Spider man swing vs embrace. Embrace can pull much more enemies while spider man swing provides more mobility. Winner: Embrace, because bullet jumps can do the job and the point is to pull enemies in.

Spider man swing with augment vs Embrace. Winner is spider man swing because more enemies to be pulled in and excellent mobility. 

Overall winner: Embrace. Does not need an augment to be efficient.

Warcry Vs Death Harvest. Death harvest de buffs and leaves enemies vulnerable also it increases the death well so the shadow will last longer. Warcry increases attack speed and armor. What do you want? Be harder to kill or make enemies easier to kill.

It depends on preference but overall I think shadow still wins because like I mentioned earlier Sevagoth/shadow can revive you np, Sevagoth is immortal by default, you don’t need to be tanky if there’s no enemy to be tanky against, and gloom can do the slow thing. Attack speed is her thing though.

Paralysis Vs consume: Uncomparable but consume wins if you need more survivability. 

Claws Vs Crazy Claws: Like you said it depends, but claws comes at no energy cost and is a default weapon as well as moddable (is crazy claws moddable)? So it depends on what you want, but I like claws better. More damage at the slight cost of speed and no energy cost. 

Every frame is unique. Here I’ve just tried to compare the most similar abilities between them.  Is up to what you like most though.

36 minutes ago, (NSW)freedycurie said:

really agree with you.

People should stop saying one frame does the same than another but better. They just don't know how to play with these frames. It reminds me all the players that says that Nezha is useless, beacuse Rhino does everithing he does but better. They just don't know how to play Nezha.

Anyway, Nyx, Valkyr and Sevagoth are great and each one has it's own place int the game.

One frame is better if there are frames who can do the exact same thing he/she does with a lower/no energy cost and more efficiently. That only works if it’s 3/4 of the whole cit.

HOWEVER your right and in most cases no frame can be compared with the other.

ESPECIALLY NOT SEVAGOTH BECAUSE HE HAD THE MOST ABILITIES IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

When I compared the abilities I was talking about them in general use. In certain situations one is always better than the other. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just because you use the augment doesn’t mean other do. Also besides eternal war the second augment for her 4 is a far better choice as it puts her 4’s damage near Baruuks 4’s level of damage. Don’t need to lock yourself into a ground finisher if your damage is already that high. 

Shadow also has more range meaning he’s going to be hitting more enemies and thus killing everything faster.

A faster attack speed doesn’t mean much when the Shadow is always going to be able to kill the enemies first.

Why on earth does it say 1 hour ago when I received the notification 2 seconds ago.

Archived