The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

16 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It shouldnt be added to Regal Aya packs and I've given reasons why already. You ask for an equal system, adding plat to Regal Aya packs is equal to having it on the old unvault bundles. As I've pointed out earlier, whatever sways in the favor of the players is OK but not the otherway around. Which to me is odd.

But I'll spell it out again.

Unvault bundles = 1 time purchase, 1 time bonus plat, no selective purchase option.

RA packs = Selective purchase across several different prime vaults without restricing amount of RA packs you can buy, which would essentially mean near free primes and accessories with plat purchases. 

The plat should be tied to the same limited purchase potential that comes with the old access bundles. While ignoring those bundles come with the selctive purchase method that allows you to cherry pick exactly the items you want from all the different bundles.

Except DE's already said they're open to adding plat back to the bundles. They just aren't this time, which is the issue at hand.

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Not all statements made by individuals are framed from a personal view or opinion. So we can't assume as much, and why patience and communication can be valuable, to determine such intent and meaning. Like, your latter line, I assume is rhetorical hyperbole right? I shouldn't actually assume you think that Earth being a oblate spheroid is a personal opinion? Except some people might actually literally believe its an opinion, because they might argue on philosophical grounds, that if we can't know for absolute certain, then we can't know, therefore... 

So I disagree its always about personal opinion. You can create various framework upon to which make statements. Like Platinum doesn't matter to you personally right? Do you feel the same way about real life money? All you would have to do, to seem more considerate and empathetic to those with objections, is to empathise, and look for an equivalent exchange, even if you don't necessarily agree (as far as actual benefit, since again, valuing Plat differently). Likewise, to all those who I think Have been passively insulting to you, would have to do, to not be that way, is to attempt to understand you better, than just accuse you of being a white knight/DE shill. Not that I think the two are comparable mind you. I wish this thread had more chill. 

Aslong as we cannot bring concrete proof it is an opinion. And if proof is brought into the picture, it explains itself as no longer being just an opinion. As for the Earth example, it is well known it is a sphere, so in that case, if someone says otherwise, the burden of proof would be on them to show that their opinion is not an opinion but fact.

And I have said that I understand if they are upset about it. I've just provided examples of what the actual worth of the bundles are without including the extra plat. But somehow, even though plat is a bonus, the people arguing mostly set that plat to full value. Wouldnt that mean that the plat isnt the bonus and instead the bonus would be the prime pieces in the bundle? Even though the bundles clearly state discounted plat. I think those critical to the change should make up their mind, is the plat discounted, or is it worth full price?

51 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

As long as you don't prove that you don't see it as a scam by trading me all your Rivens for one Perpetual Agony each, it's pretty obvious that not even you believe a word you're saying.

Anyway, study time.

You make less and less sense at this point. You make zero sense.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Except DE's already said they're open to adding plat back to the bundles. They just aren't this time, which is the issue at hand.

And that is all fine. As I said, if they want to add it back to the bundles there is likely work to be done to make it "safe" aswell.

And if they decide to add it directly to the RA packs, I doubt anyone will thank them for making the system better than it was even prior to resurgence.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Even though the bundles clearly state discounted plat.

Where at on these pages does it state anything about the plat in the bundles being discounted? I must be blind if they're CLEARLY labeled as such. Have to link to the wayback machine now since they redirect /prime-vault to /prime-resurgence .

https://web.archive.org/web/20211115215837/warframe.com/prime-vault

https://web.archive.org/web/20211006055543/https://www.warframe.com/prime-vault-faq

1 minute ago, SephirothWS said:

Where at on th ese pages does it state anything about the plat in the bundles being discounted? Have to link to the wayback machine now since they redirect /prime-vault to /prime-resurgence .

https://web.archive.org/web/20211115215837/warframe.com/prime-vault

https://web.archive.org/web/20211006055543/https://www.warframe.com/prime-vault-faq

It says so in the "what is" part of the faq, which has been quoted in this very thread earlier. Same wording as prime access has.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

And if they decide to add it directly to the RA packs, I doubt anyone will thank them for making the system better than it was even prior to resurgence.

No S#&$ we'd thank them for being fair to their customers and acting on feedback for once? It'd have made this a great event.

Sneaky. My dude. I disagree with you, but holy moly you are a patient person. To be able to so calmly take so much criticism and borderline hate from strangers on the internet is quite impressive, I must say. I would've become more agitated than you have. I believe I understand your arguments, and you make good points. I don't know why people are so angry with you, and I've been following this thread fairly closely. It's probably because you come off as a antagonizing, even though you're not. You are objective most of the time, but when things get heated in this discussion, then everyone starts to pick out specific quotes and details, stuff that doesn't matter. The 5 ducat aya, for example. There is nothing negative about it, yet someone calls you out on white-knighting the subject. It's 100% a positive thing, which you very clearly stated. When people see red, they don't care. You are sharing your honest opinion where you present the event and such from your particular point of view. Yes, you are defending DE, which I see no reason in doing, but you aren't making outlandish claims. I would personally argue that some parts have been untrue (not a lie, mind you), but that boils down to opinion, not facts.

I think you deserve an apology for the way you have been treated by some of the people arguing with you (not everyone have been mean, luckily)

I'm sorry folks. I just noticed that some people here in this thread needlessly and baselessy hasseled Sneaky, and I wanted to adress this.

Remember. He is a person. He is disagreeing with some of you, he is not attacking you. He does not tell you that you are wrong or in the wrong for feeling the way you are feeling. He is adressing his own views. The more stand-off-ish things he and you have said which have had little substance most likely came from a place of competition and emotion. When having a debate you are not supposed to try to win the argument, but to understand eachother's views, and form new, nuanced and more informed ones.

Thank you for your time. Please continue

15 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

Sneaky. My dude. I disagree with you, but holy moly you are a patient person. To be able to so calmly take so much criticism and borderline hate from strangers on the internet is quite impressive, I must say. I would've become more agitated than you have. I believe I understand your arguments, and you make good points. I don't know why people are so angry with you, and I've been following this thread fairly closely. It's probably because you come off as a antagonizing, even though you're not. You are objective most of the time, but when things get heated in this discussion, then everyone starts to pick out specific quotes and details, stuff that doesn't matter. The 5 ducat aya, for example. There is nothing negative about it, yet someone calls you out on white-knighting the subject. It's 100% a positive thing, which you very clearly stated. When people see red, they don't care. You are sharing your honest opinion where you present the event and such from your particular point of view. Yes, you are defending DE, which I see no reason in doing, but you aren't making outlandish claims. I would personally argue that some parts have been untrue (not a lie, mind you), but that boils down to opinion, not facts.

I think you deserve an apology for the way you have been treated by some of the people arguing with you (not everyone have been mean, luckily)

I'm sorry folks. I just noticed that some people here in this thread needlessly and baselessy hasseled Sneaky, and I wanted to adress this.

Remember. He is a person. He is disagreeing with some of you, he is not attacking you. He does not tell you that you are wrong or in the wrong for feeling the way you are feeling. He is adressing his own views. The more stand-off-ish things he and you have said which have had little substance most likely came from a place of competition and emotion. When having a debate you are not supposed to try to win the argument, but to understand eachother's views, and form new, nuanced and more informed ones.

Thank you for your time. Please continue

Yep, people just cant accept personal opinions. The thing is also, the view of the others is all over the place. 

"We want it fair!" but then they ask for more than what the old access system provided? I'm simply stating the things we have presented to us, the value of things as they are in comparison to other in-game things etc. But somehow that is an attack on them and white knighting? They also really need to make up their mind regarding if the plat in the old bundles was discounted or if it was full price. Cant really have it both ways depending on where the wind blows most comfortably for the moment.

It is also nice to see someone that gets that this is all a matter of opinions.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep, people just cant accept personal opinions. The thing is also, the view of the others is all over the place. 

"We want it fair!" but then they ask for more than what the old access system provided? I'm simply stating the things we have presented to us, the value of things as they are in comparison to other in-game things etc. But somehow that is an attack on them and white knighting? They also really need to make up their mind regarding if the plat in the old bundles was discounted or if it was full price. Cant really have it both ways depending on where the wind blows most comfortably for the moment.

It is also nice to see someone that gets that this is all a matter of opinions.

That is true. But I think the collective opinion for the people agains raya is something like this:

Lower the price, or include some platinum to compensate.

I believe the former is the right decision though. Perhaps lower the first packwith 4-7 dollars or something, and adjust the other packs accordingly.

Also worth noting that you can't buy power in this event. Or you can, but the grind for f2p is very low during this time. That is a very important note. It's the cosmetics that are unfair in essence (in my humble opinion, that is)

Or the price of raya rather. Which subsecuently makes all prices on the premium stuff unfair, where the main dish is cosmetics (to me at least)

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Aslong as we cannot bring concrete proof it is an opinion. And if proof is brought into the picture, it explains itself as no longer being just an opinion. As for the Earth example, it is well known it is a sphere, so in that case, if someone says otherwise, the burden of proof would be on them to show that their opinion is not an opinion but fact.

And I have said that I understand if they are upset about it. I've just provided examples of what the actual worth of the bundles are without including the extra plat. But somehow, even though plat is a bonus, the people arguing mostly set that plat to full value. Wouldn't that mean that the plat isn't the bonus and instead the bonus would be the prime pieces in the bundle? Even though the bundles clearly state discounted plat. I think those critical to the change should make up their mind, is the plat discounted, or is it worth full price?

I don't actually agree, but I don't think we need to agree about such matters. See its more accurate to say the Earth is what I said it was, an oblate spheroid, which is a bit different than a sphere. Of course colloquially its often referred to as a sphere and the main point is, I understand what you are trying to say, and I wouldn't try to be pedantic over it. The only reason I am doing so now, is point out how important communication and intent can be, and willingness to understand another.

So I am cool with agreeing to disagree, because it seems like you put more emphasis on the "always personal opinion nothing else" which strictly contradicts what you say above. Like for example, we know its a sphere through various forms of science, measurement, and certain types consensus. If someone thinks otherwise, its not anything to do with opinions, but proposing alternative theories and evidence that would have to account for all the evidence and theories (as in scientific theories, not informal hypothesis) we currently have and address them. The same way many outdated scientific theories get incorporated into more modern superior versions. We don't have to agree about this, but it would explain about why and how disagreements will invariably occur, and how they can also spiral and devolve into insults. 

Oh, I know, and I personally think you have a decent understanding of why others are bothered. I don't actually think attempting to provide the actual worth of bundles helps your efforts though to be seem that way, because you haven't addressed the competitive exclusionary factor thats created, you tend to stick to, what I now understand as person to person "opinion" arguments. Whether Plat is a bonus or not, can largely be semantics. Do you think 3 Rare Gold Mods as a bonus is equivalent to over 2000 Plat? Can you acknowledge that DE should, understand that semantics aside, some "bonuses" are much more encouraging and valuable to paying customers than others, and how that affects sales and attitudes around fairness? Literal questions that provide more objective frameworks for discussions beyond opinions. 

Platinum packs for example are in competition with each other too, but they have been for a long time. Its generally considered a neutral or good thing, because it allows people tp pick and choose whats appropriate for themselves. Vouchers and sales are also a part of that process. DE could remove the bottom tier of Plat and this would probably frustrate a lot of players, and be seen as anti consumer. If you personally don't care about Plat and personally only view everything as revolving around personal opinion then you probably won't care. If DE added a 95 percent off Plat Discount Voucher into their current rotation, fans reception would probably be positive, but again if you don't care about Platinum... However if DE removed all its current Platinum Packs and replaced them with Packs where the current most expensive is now the new cheapest, even though you could say that Plat is still Plat, this would be seen as a predatory practice, because its going to force more people to have to spend more, even though in some senses its "fair" because they are technically getting what they are paying for. Except you would still get a lot of fan criticism and in that case, I think rightly so. 

There have been a lot of points and explanations I have made, that you didn't address, that are more practical than abstract personal perceptions of the value of plat. The criticisms and issues of Regal Aya aren't a monolith or necessarily going to be the same. You don't have to address them if you do not want to, and again we can agree to disagree if you want, I think Prime Resurgence is live right? Exciting. Just that its one thing to be personally okay with the value of Regal Aya, again, you don't care about Plat, and you sympathise with peoples frustrations? Factually speaking, as not personal opinion, this new currency, and packs, for those that spend money on Warframe, that are Plat motivated, is bad value. I can explain why if you or anyone would like, the same way I can explain a lot about science and the Earth, but when such explanations and points are reduced to "well like thats just your opinion and I have my own" then it doesn't seem like you actually sympathise or empathise with other people, it comes off more like "lmao well I got mine, just have more plat then you won't have to care". 

3 minutes ago, ReLLiKMaster said:

Huh must be pretty rare then, i've run a couple of Void capture runs and got jack lol

Oh? Haven't been on yet, so I just assumed. Strange. I thought the FAQ said it dropped in the void? Perhaps not in capture to limit people from farming it fast as lightning? I donno

I've run over 30 capture missions solo since the launch of the hotfix, combined, both in Okko and Heppit - zero Aya resources.
Either drop tables are messed up or this whole "event" is just total crap, with Aya drops set at some completely ridiculous low chance, at 1%, 0.1% or something similar. Maybe even less.

For it to have any meaning for players - Aya should drop at least 15-25% of the time. Otherwise it's useless. Remember that the rewards that drop from relics are another layer of randomness, the specific warframe/weapon drops are NOT guaranteed!

Either way - it's a total garbage so far and this system is in no way or any discernable form a replacement for vaulting/unvaulting.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hokkis31:

Oh? Haven't been on yet, so I just assumed. Strange. I thought the FAQ said it dropped in the void? Perhaps not in capture to limit people from farming it fast as lightning? I donno

They probably drop along the other unvaulted relics (i say probably because i haven't gotten 1 aya yet)

Archived