Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is actually quite cool

Hokkis31

I've been away from Warframe for a few years and recently came back. I got my railjack. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it. How bad it was and such. However. After playing some myself I found myself enjoying it a fair bit. I wish it was integrated more into the game, and perhaps this will happen when New War launches. But the gameplay is quite nice.

My reason for posting is to spread a little bit of positivity on this archipelago of content islands that is Warframe

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

Actually most of the bad opinons on it were based on the last iteration of Railjack. As it is now is fairly good.

I wonder how bad it was as I don't like (or even hate some part) of it.

Rant ahead:

Spoiler

Solo player here.

RJ game requires lot of clicking:

1) navigation > click on slingshot > click X > hold button > do stuffs there

2) return > shoot some stuffs

3) repeat 1&2 2-3 times

Void storms are visually horrible. Someone who has epilepsy (or something) should not play this. Even I pretty healthy guy isn't feeling great after playing it for some time. After I've got my Tenet weapon I stopped playing Storms. I heard they were even worse.

Mechanics aren't great.

Mission are prolonged for no reason.... or rather "this must be RJ".

1 hour ago, TaricTheAncient said:

Only thing i hate with railjack is when enemies stop spawning and u need like 50 more enemy ships destroyed and its your 5th run in a row so u lose everything.

This bug happens when the enemy spawn limit has been reached for the entire map.  The game counts enemies INSIDE the bases as well.   What you have to do is go inside and kill everybody who were left alive.  (including the infested in Derelict if this one was present in Grineer Skirmish).  You will notice a lot new fighters will start spawning outside.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Solo player here.

RJ game requires lot of clicking:

1) navigation > click on slingshot > click X > hold button > do stuffs there

2) return > shoot some stuffs

3) repeat 1&2 2-3 times

Void storms are visually horrible. Someone who has epilepsy (or something) should not play this. Even I pretty healthy guy isn't feeling great after playing it for some time. After I've got my Tenet weapon I stopped playing Storms. I heard they were even worse.

Mechanics aren't great.

Mission are prolonged for no reason.... or rather "this must be RJ".

Idk, I dont find the 'clickyness' bad, and its not overly different to say an excavation where your constantly grabbing pickups.

I also do a fair bit of RJ solo, and its easy enough. (though if your using slingshot and not artillery to destroy crewships your not doing it overly efficently.)

Void storms arnt overly different to alot of other tilesets, or say a game with embers or novas in it. Its abit visually messy, but WF definatly isnt a game for epileptics in the first place.

Missions do run alittle long, and im not a fan of the 'intergrated' experience with is just doing RJ, then stop doing RJ to do normal missions, then back to RJ.

6 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Idk, I dont find the 'clickyness' bad, and its not overly different to say an excavation where your constantly grabbing pickups.

Excavations requires 5-6 clicks.

RJ requires around 20 (slingshot & hacking method).

14 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I also do a fair bit of RJ solo, and its easy enough. (though if your using slingshot and not artillery to destroy crewships your not doing it overly efficently.)

Wait... you don't have to hack & shoot stuffs to destroy crewships?! Maybe even asteroid thingy?! Next time I had to waste time in RJ mission I will try it. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Void storms arnt overly different to alot of other tilesets, or say a game with embers or novas in it. Its abit visually messy, but WF definatly isnt a game for epileptics in the first place.

Last time I used Nova it wasn't as white as Storm exterminate.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Excavations requires 5-6 clicks.

RJ requires around 20 (slingshot & hacking method).

I mean if were not including fighting / hacking minigame, RJ is closer to 4 to take out a crewship. Load into cannon / exit ship - sling at ship / board ship - hack panel - recall / exit ship.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Wait... you don't have to hack & shoot stuffs to destroy crewships?! Maybe even asteroid thingy?! Next time I had to waste time in RJ mission I will try it. Thanks.

Yea, with the artilley mod you can wipe out a crewship in 1 hit anywhere. Without it you need to target a weakpoint, or hit twice.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Last time I used Nova it wasn't as white as Storm exterminate.

I played a game where there was 3 last month and everyone had a different highly visable colour :D

58 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I mean if were not including fighting / hacking minigame, RJ is closer to 4 to take out a crewship. Load into cannon / exit ship - sling at ship / board ship - hack panel - recall / exit ship.

Sure, but look at simple action of boarding ships. You either need to exit ship manually and fly to ship, press X OR click L > click slingshot > rotate 180% > click slingshot > click on the ship.

I played a game where there was 3 last month and everyone had a different highly visable colour :D

I don't know, maybe some colors are worse. However it was not near Exterminate where whole screen were almost white. That's at 100/200 effects.

Yea, with the artilley mod you can wipe out a crewship in 1 hit anywhere. Without it you need to target a weakpoint, or hit twice.

That's speed up things a little.

What about other stuffs where you have to hack > destroy some stuffs few times. Will it work the same? OR is it it only for crewships?

20 hours ago, Hokkis31 said:

I've been away from Warframe for a few years and recently came back. I got my railjack. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about it. How bad it was and such. However. After playing some myself I found myself enjoying it a fair bit. I wish it was integrated more into the game, and perhaps this will happen when New War launches. But the gameplay is quite nice.

My reason for posting is to spread a little bit of positivity on this archipelago of content islands that is Warframe

Railjack, to my understanding, was horribly broken and unfun on launch, but in a rare instance of not abandoning content the community didn't like and leaving it in the game, they actually decided to fix it (probably becaus they had invested so much time and budget into it that it being a flop was NOT something they could afford.) The hate posts you were seeing are all outdated. I wish the devs would give other older content a similar treatment, lol.

I greatly enjoyed it before the Corpus update.

Now...

Definitely NOT.

I plugged my Railjack out on the first iteration. I did enjoy some of it but it was truly a slow trudge through the marshes so to speak.

The second iteration I was highly pleased with most of the changes; the reduced amount of resources required to build it especially.

The third iteration has some real problems such as energy being tied to your Warframe being the most prominent one.

3 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

The hate posts you were seeing are all outdated.

False!

There were many who like myself were looking forward to the different mission modes being based around Railjack play (space fights) not an additional Railjack flight time simulator added to "normal" missions. Their complaints came "after" the release came out of the third iteration and we saw what DE actually gave us which is not what those specific individuals were asking for.

Now for some, the normal missions being behind a Railjack flight time simulator was exactly what they wanted, and there are others who truly enjoy what it has become. I am happy they enjoy it, but to say that all the hate posts are outdated is slightly arrogant to say the least.

16 hours ago, quxier said:

Sure, but look at simple action of boarding ships. You either need to exit ship manually and fly to ship, press X OR click L > click slingshot > rotate 180% > click slingshot > click on the ship.

I really dont know why this is such a big issue for you, but if i can make a suggestion maybe buy a keyboard that doesnt charge you $5 every time you click X?

16 hours ago, quxier said:

What about other stuffs where you have to hack > destroy some stuffs few times. Will it work the same? OR is it it only for crewships?

Fraid not, objectives still need to be done manually.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

I really dont know why this is such a big issue for you, but if i can make a suggestion maybe buy a keyboard that doesnt charge you $5 every time you click X?

It is (was, because some parts are "fixed", thanks for your tip) because I had to do it MANY times per single and SIMPLE mission. My mission consists of:

- killing X ships -> fine stuff (I don't like RJ guns but that's subjectivity)

- destroying Crewships 3 times (even more than for higher level missions) -> that Slingshot method repeated 3 times!

- doing main objective -> for Ateroids it's 2-3 times doing the same "slingshot stuffs"

It's so entertaining like pressing 100 random keys on my keyboard. Those simple action shouldn't be complex "just because". Imagine few stuffs:

- Pizzas: Hold Q > go to "pizzas menu" > pick pizza (energy, hp etc) > "Are you sure"

- Synthesis scanner: hold Q > Select Scanners> select Symaris > Select Synthesis Scanner

- Vehicles: Hold Q > Vehicles > Flying > Archwing

------------------------------> Hovering > K-drive

------------------------------> Walking > Mech

Put 2 Pizzas on the ground.... I wouldn't use them with above method.

I want game to either challenge me or entertain me in some other way (e.g. story, fun gameplay). RJ is antithesis of this. Even low level survival would be more entertaining. You could play with different weapons/powers. With RJ you just press many keys for SINGLE action.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

(I don't like RJ guns but that's subjectivity)

Personally i use (i think) the pulsar cause its hitscan.

It's so entertaining like pressing 100 random keys on my keyboard. Those simple action shouldn't be complex "just because". Imagine few stuffs:

- Pizzas: Hold Q > go to "pizzas menu" > pick pizza (energy, hp etc) > "Are you sure"

- Synthesis scanner: hold Q > Select Scanners> select Symaris > Select Synthesis Scanner

You are talking do-do here. You comparing the act of getting into an arcwing launcher and attacking a ship as if all that was a single action.

With that metality, Pizzas is currently > Hold Q, go to pizza, click pizza, click abilities.

Slingshot is easy to use. Its 1 button to get into it, the another to fire.

Crewships are easy to take down, you hack a console and shoot a core.

An extra 2 clicks are added if you use the map to tp to the slingshot, but that a choice you make.

So when the alert for formorians or razorback come up you wont be doing them right? Because youve got to do extra steps compared to normal missions?

I want game to either challenge me or entertain me in some other way (e.g. story, fun gameplay). RJ is antithesis of this. Even low level survival would be more entertaining. You could play with different weapons/powers. With RJ you just press many keys for SINGLE action.

This is just so much utter bs i cant belive your serious right now. You could play low level survival with different weapons, but it would be many more clicks. Because you'd be spending more time shooting or meleeing.

What i cant understand is how you can say 'I hate railjack because it makes me click the Action button too much'. 1 other button. In a game where you either cast by pressing 1 of 4 buttons, or select your power then cast with a 5th button. And your comparrision is to the gamemode with the least button presses. No comparisons or complains to excavation, disruptions or spys. And from what you've said you must be a horrible teammate to have in survival, because you'll probably never activate a life support, because that would be too many extra clicks.

You are talking do-do here. You comparing the act of getting into an arcwing launcher and attacking a ship as if all that was a single action.

Sure, it isn't single action but a "group" that should be easy to do.

With that metality, Pizzas is currently > Hold Q, go to pizza, click pizza, click abilities.

First, you can have pizza once and click many abilities (depending on energy economy).

Secondly, any gear can be bind to a key (20 keybinds afair).

Can I do the same with Slingshot?

Slingshot is easy to use. Its 1 button to get into it, the another to fire.

I have to go to Slingshot first. That's the same as going through "L".

So when the alert for formorians or razorback come up you wont be doing them right? Because youve got to do extra steps compared to normal missions?

It's not single action that is bad. I don't mind using formarian-thing from the gear wheel. It's only one action per mission. Stuffs I described will be used many times.

This is just so much utter bs i cant belive your serious right now. You could play low level survival with different weapons, but it would be many more clicks. Because you'd be spending more time shooting or meleeing.

It's not about simple key presses or clicks. It's about how many of those stuffs key presses and/or clicks are required to do some actions.

What i cant understand is how you can say 'I hate railjack because it makes me click the Action button too much'. 1 other button. In a game where you either cast by pressing 1 of 4 buttons, or select your power then cast with a 5th button

Consoles has it worse but PC is pretty efficient when it comes to number of keys/clicks required.

Lots of powers are just 1 key press away (maybe some aiming at enemies). Some are hold/tap but that's not bad. Cycle-able abilities are bad but not every frame has them.

And your comparrision is to the gamemode with the least button presses. No comparisons or complains to excavation, disruptions or spys.

Sure.

Excavation/Disruption: 1 keypress to pick "thing" and go back to Excavator. Disruption differs in amount of "thing" and that you can speed it up. Sure companions could bring "things' near you but it's more about other issues with Excavations.

Spies: some are better some are worse. It's not that kind of game so we shouldn't be too strict. One I can brute force with just final hacks (3). Some are more complicated where you need to solve some puzzle. Lua is the best example of it. Solving every "room" or part of the puzzle makes you closer to "final console". Last one requires 1 click and another "mini game".

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

And from what you've said you must be a horrible teammate to have in survival, because you'll probably never activate a life support, because that would be too many extra clicks.

I was fine teammate in Survi, Excavation etc. I might lack in some power or knowledge (it was long time ago) but I've tried my best. In Survi or Defense I used to heal or energize enemies (Operator). In Excavations I used to revive people with my Limbo. Or I've put pizzas from time to time. It wasn't "too many clicks or key presses". It was very few unnecessary clicks or key presses.

7 hours ago, quxier said:

It is (was, because some parts are "fixed", thanks for your tip) because I had to do it MANY times per single and SIMPLE mission. My mission consists of:

- killing X ships -> fine stuff (I don't like RJ guns but that's subjectivity)

- destroying Crewships 3 times (even more than for higher level missions) -> that Slingshot method repeated 3 times!

- doing main objective -> for Ateroids it's 2-3 times doing the same "slingshot stuffs"

If this is the mentality you have when approaching video games I'm surprised you're capable of being entertained in general. Maybe stop trying to determine the quality of content by the number of keys you must press to get through it and, you know, try to actually have fun instead? You might have a more pleasant experience.

12 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

If this is the mentality you have when approaching video games I'm surprised you're capable of being entertained in general. Maybe stop trying to determine the quality of content by the number of keys you must press to get through it and, you know, try to actually have fun instead? You might have a more pleasant experience.

I try to have fun but when game interrupts me every second then it's not great experience.

I enjoyed some games. I'm not rich so I haven't played many. The one I have finished (at least close to finishing) have very straightforward mechanics. 

So... yeah... don't make such statements. ;)

5 hours ago, quxier said:

I try to have fun but when game interrupts me every second then it's not great experience.

I enjoyed some games. I'm not reach so I haven't played many. The one I have finished (at least close to finishing) have very straightforward mechanics. 

So... yeah... don't make such statements. ;)

I mean if super Mario bros is your jam I’m not gonna judge you.

5 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

I mean if super Mario bros is your jam I’m not gonna judge you.

It's not about type of the games. Probably every type of games could have some overly complicated stuffs and can be done better/simpler.

Overly complicated menus are one thing. It's case here because going to e.g. going & press X at Slingshot after teleporting IS part of the menu.

Exodia Contagion vs Vitrica. Both are doing the same thing - shooting some projectile. Vitrica just requires you to do any jump AND aimglide+attack. Contagion requires you to do bullet or double jump AND aimglide+attack. It's obvious which one is better mechanically.

14 hours ago, quxier said:

It's not about type of the games. Probably every type of games could have some overly complicated stuffs and can be done better/simpler.

Overly complicated menus are one thing. It's case here because going to e.g. going & press X at Slingshot after teleporting IS part of the menu.

Exodia Contagion vs Vitrica. Both are doing the same thing - shooting some projectile. Vitrica just requires you to do any jump AND aimglide+attack. Contagion requires you to do bullet or double jump AND aimglide+attack. It's obvious which one is better mechanically.

Simpler =/= Better. There's a such thing as over complicated, yes. Memorizing combos in fighting games for example is rather arbitrary and unnecessary. In some cases (like dwarf fortress) it's unavoidable due to the number of options the game gives you. Less button inputs is not always better though. If that were the case, the only warframe anyone would ever use would be saryn (and when people do play saryn, its generally because they want to get the grind over faster, not because its more mechanically enjoyable). Railjack requires more buttons because there's more to do in that mode. Frankly there's too FEW inputs in the normal game content. It becomes mindnumbingly monotonous oftentimes.

1 hour ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

Less button inputs is not always better though. If that were the case, the only warframe anyone would ever use would be saryn (and when people do play saryn, its generally because they want to get the grind over faster, not because its more mechanically enjoyable). Railjack requires more buttons because there's more to do in that mode.

I probably haven't been using whole RJ. I guess there might be more stuffs than normal frame-play. RJ requiring more button seems reasonable.

However parts I've used have too much meaningless keys". For example using Slingshot. Instead of teleporting you directly to the Slingshot (through the Menu - L key afair) it teleports you near Slingshot-X button AND rotated 180 degree. That's silliest part.

2 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

Frankly there's too FEW inputs in the normal game content. It becomes mindnumbingly monotonous oftentimes.

Melee is like this. Probably all stances has useless/worse combos.

Archived