Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Make Disruption missions less disruptive

muuyo

As it stands, Disruption missions are one of my favorite types, alongside Spy and similar. However, there's one thing that no other missions do that makes it, honestly, worse and breaks up the game flow - its complete reliance on audio cues, without the ability to substitute them.

If I'm in a call talking to friends, or trying to listen to music, or watch a video while playing the game, as its forever grind type gameplay appeals really well to this, Sabotage missions completely break that flow - making me deafen, or pause music with a keybind, or alt tab to pause something whenever I'm about to start a Conduit. I love the mission type, but this makes it really annoying to play.

Suggestion: Add environmental cues that can be enabled to get rid of this annoyance - and optionally the ability to mute the incessant beeping. Two ways I could see this done are like the green tumors in the Isolation Vaults, with the non-disruptive small green trails towards the demolitionist, or something like a screen border effect that shows you what direction the enemy is coming from.

Just my two cents while farming Gauss.

edit: fixed wrong mission type

Happy to see someone else that likes Disruption game-mode (Sabotage=/=Conduit). There is a visual cue, a little blinking red triangle on the periphery of your HUD when the demo-bot is 40-60m away. Personally I prefer max-range Enemy Radar because the demo-bots have a different walking/path-finding AI than other enemies, makes tracking them down at a distance easier.

I actually attempted to do a Disruption Last night....

Some how in All the Chaos... The Demo walked right passed me yet the game didn't mark it....

Disruption is essentially just a DPS Check so why are you hiding the DPS Test ? Just mark it as soon as it Spawns so we can all go home 😭 ....please DE !!!

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

yeah sure but what will blind people do?

They said "optionally be able to mute the incessant beeping."

What do dead people do right now? Probably struggle a lot. The visual cue was added for accessibility's sake but it's very subtle and short-range.

Personally, I avoid Disruption because I have to stop listening to podcasts while I'm playing it. So yeah, better visual cues would be welcome.

1 hour ago, Vaz2017 said:

What do dead people do right now? Probably struggle a lot.

yeah its really hard for them to play wf maybe harder than blind one

all joke aside i upvote a better visual as well

13 minutes ago, Vaz2017 said:

omg...I don't even have autocorrect to blame, I typed that post on my PC 😂

Then blame something else then.... A Tenno who accepts responsibility for their mistakes ? INCONCEIVABLE !!!  I don't want to live In such a world 😱 !!!

Archived