Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new content for open worlds

MukuroZodiac

3 hours ago, vanaukas said:
  • We don't have flora in open worlds to scan or collect. It could be added? Yes
  • I can't see how a mini defense mission to "capture" a base is like base building. Base building isn't just capturing something, I think the "building" word hints something.
  • I don't see any buffs for the frames in the form of hunting or mining rather than just gather resources for specific stuff, but it could be done? Yes
  • I don't know what's Ikeaframe, it's dojo decoration or something like that?
  • That is in the game (finally)
  • Alerts aren't for only one person, they are global. Instanciated alerts isn't something I've seen outside mission failing parameters. But it could be done? I think it's possible.
  • I don't understand that.
  • Uhh...
    JZxM1K3.png
  • Because after you capture the base you could build it up? Base building probably couldn't work the exact way OP's describing because the zones aren't persistent, but it could absolutely work if it were tied to the shared world state. Just like how Invasions are shared, base capture could be shared too. And then you could have a base that you could leave and come back to. It could even be semi-persistent, where your personal donations are saved for your personal instances. If you've built and deployed the Defensive Perimeter object, maybe every time that base is unlocked in instances you've joined it has turrets spawned for you.
  • Buffs for frames? "Mining and hunting in the vicinity of your base can yield some extra rewards". I think OP means buffs to drops. That's what I meant, too. Maybe more poo spawns for conservation, more mining nodes appear, more fish spawn, etc. Stuff like that. Edit: That'd actually give a world-state-based base capture mechanic a lot of value. Players could work together maintaining certain bases which give different buffs, like controlling one area lowers the number of "Corpus hunters" to increase the number of animal spawns. Another area could have mining equipment that lets you deploy an Extractor.
  • Yes. We already have decoration and object building in this game, it's been a part of the game for years. It's what OP is talking about with furniture, only it's in your Dojo/Orbiter instead of the Vallis.
  • Not in the way OP is talking about. IIRC if you capture a base on the Vallis nothing really happens. You'd think the Corpus would fly in an assault to retake it from time to time, but the friendly NPCs that spawn just stand there.
  • So then we could have personal alerts. That'd be cool. We have a personal world state in a similar way with the way Liches take territory: everyone has their own set of open/closed missions that they work on by themselves. DE also talked about clans being able to make their own missions in the past. So having a personal alert isn't all that weird of an idea, either.
  • OP's talking about having your base decay or take damage from attacks, and you'd have to go back to it periodically to repair. We've had similar systems in this game already but they've all ended up being removed. There are already others in this thread who mention not liking the idea of their work being destroyed by something out of their control. So maybe this aspect of the OP isn't such a good idea.

Oh yeah I thought you were talking about the design because it was an incredibly vague mention of them. But IDK if you remember, but at first, not everyone has archwing to play in cetus and not everyone wanted to spent resources on making archwing launchers. Those "unrelated" stuff are there to create context and give "hints" to new players on what could be done. Turrets have saved me in the past in regular grineer missions (when I wasn't powerful) and personally I've always wanted a corpus version of that. Thiking this is non related or "for the sake of it" is like thinking that the grineer Blunts or corpus Vector Shields are completely useless and irrelevant because you can just shoot behind, but those things are there to add detail and coherence. That doesn't mean it's the only thing that adds it and doesn't mean the whole game have 100% coherence and detail.

Ok, so replace shields/blunts/turrets/Dargyns with base building/hunting/furniture. How is OP wanting that any different from you wanting Corpus turrets? How does adding blunts and vector shields add coherence and detail but having the Corpus retake a base doesn't?

DOTA was born as a literal mod of warcraft 3, hosted in private servers. LOL also was born from it. And even those games are starting to die and their devs are making other games because they refuse to add official tools for the community to sustain those games. Destiny 2 doens't even have 5 years since they separated from activision and they have been involved in serious issues, like deleting player stuff that was paid with real money. Not a good example I think.

Investigate more of the "mod"  and private server thing. Games like Overgrowth are alive only due community work (and that's not a bad thing, because some games are made to be modded and used as a platform for freedom of concepts, like that one), PVP is also a big factor on why those games are vastly played but I also understand why this community doens't like PVP: It's not funny play against a warframe. 

Then I guess Warframe's doomed or something? Cause we don't have any of this. Come to think of it, neither do console games.

Also, don't get me wrong, I'll say it again:  I would love something like that because I'm a big fan of survival+crafting games, but I can't see how this could be implemented without backlash from the community who already hates fishing, mining and conservations.

I really don't think that kind of backlash matters? There are people that don't like Archwing/Railjack/Necramechs/Operators/K-Drives/open world zones/balance/etc. and complain whenever those are touched, too. Yet those things still get worked on, and that's a good thing. Unconstructive players that get mad when gameplay they don't personally sign off on gets touched aren't worth listening to.

I also think the way this could be implemented is pretty plainly obvious. There are already existing mechanics and gameplay similar to everything OP is talking about, so nothing OP is talking about is all that strange.

Isn't there already a sort of mini base fighting thing in Orb Vallis? I never tried it but in the bigger places there's a key that can drop etc.

As was stated by someone else, it would probably be only the host's base that would be visible, and of course there would be building restrictions.

12 hours ago, MukuroZodiac said:

to begin with, its quite clear that warframe doesnt have that much endgame contents

Define "endgame"

starting from adding more flora and faunas, where you can harvest/hunt them to build bases in every possible part of the open world (there could be a limited amount of structures)

And how does this help when the world reset when you leave?

Mining and hunting in the vicinity of your base can yield some extra rewards

And what kind of "extra rewards" you're talking about? Mining itself already have extra rewards with that one small section for extra gem drop from any ore so what are extra rewards for hunting? Considering better capture quality gives more tags

To make it more crazy, building turrets and sentries could be made possible, and enemies will try to capture your base, there will be alerts when it happens, if you dont repair the base, the whole foundation will be completely destroyed and you have to build them from scratch.

So I lose all of what I put on that base if I'm not having the feel to jump in during that alert? Sorry, I don't think it will be popular

my point is to make the game "slow down" a bit

If you want to slow down the game a bit, nerf everything out, even bullet jump and you will see the game slow down significantly from not being able to blitz through places ignoring enemies

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:
  • Uhh...
    JZxM1K3.png

Gotta add meat and funga to my definition of flora then. Maprico is the only thing there that act like flora. and maybe you missed, but I think that more flora  could be added without harm too.

• Because after you capture the base you could build it up? Base building probably couldn't work the exact way OP's describing because the zones aren't persistent, but it could absolutely work if it were tied to the shared world state. Just like how Invasions are shared, base capture could be shared too. And then you could have a base that you could leave and come back to. It could even be semi-persistent, where your personal donations are saved for your personal instances. If you've built and deployed the Defensive Perimeter object, maybe every time that base is unlocked in instances you've joined it has turrets spawned for you.
  • Buffs for frames? "Mining and hunting in the vicinity of your base can yield some extra rewards". I think OP means buffs to drops. That's what I meant, too. Maybe more poo spawns for conservation, more mining nodes appear, more fish spawn, etc. Stuff like that. Edit: That'd actually give a world-state-based base capture mechanic a lot of value. Players could work together maintaining certain bases which give different buffs, like controlling one area lowers the number of "Corpus hunters" to increase the number of animal spawns. Another area could have mining equipment that lets you deploy an Extractor.
  • Yes. We already have decoration and object building in this game, it's been a part of the game for years. It's what OP is talking about with furniture, only it's in your Dojo/Orbiter instead of the Vallis.
  • Not in the way OP is talking about. IIRC if you capture a base on the Vallis nothing really happens. You'd think the Corpus would fly in an assault to retake it from time to time, but the friendly NPCs that spawn just stand there.
  • So then we could have personal alerts. That'd be cool. We have a personal world state in a similar way with the way Liches take territory: everyone has their own set of open/closed missions that they work on by themselves. DE also talked about clans being able to make their own missions in the past. So having a personal alert isn't all that weird of an idea, either.
  • OP's talking about having your base decay or take damage from attacks, and you'd have to go back to it periodically to repair. We've had similar systems in this game already but they've all ended up being removed. There are already others in this thread who mention not liking the idea of their work being destroyed by something out of their control. So maybe this aspect of the OP isn't such a good idea.

All of that wall of text could be resumed in "What if..." Paper and words can also hold a lot of stuff.

Ok, so replace shields/blunts/turrets/Dargyns with base building/hunting/furniture. How is OP wanting that any different from you wanting Corpus turrets? How does adding blunts and vector shields add coherence and detail but having the Corpus retake a base doesn't?

IDK, I haven't see nothign like OP wants on any segment of the game., cover and sheidls were there before those portable shields. Shields and cover are there and on every single shooter too, since SNES era, regardless if it's realistic, futueristic, on space, steam punk, whatever.

Then I guess Warframe's doomed or something? Cause we don't have any of this. Come to think of it, neither do console games.

Yes, it is, eventually it'll have an end. When DE shuts down the servers, are oour progerss will be deleted too (read the EULA). This is why they keep pushing new content and new mechanics every now and then, because that keeps the game fresh and replaces the "community managment" with mods or private servers. Mods or private servers, in fact, would alliviate the burden of the devs to produce content on regular basis (and yes, I can also provide plenty of exmaples of this).

Tell me, what game in console has been played for more than 20 years, like diablo 2? Consoles are doomed by design too, they are made to be obsoleted by the next generation.

I really don't think that kind of backlash matters? There are people that don't like Archwing/Railjack/Necramechs/Operators/K-Drives/open world zones/balance/etc. and complain whenever those are touched, too. Yet those things still get worked on, and that's a good thing. Unconstructive players that get mad when gameplay they don't personally sign off on gets touched aren't worth listening to.

So the backlash is real and valid when you aprove it (like with the Regal Aya without platinum), but when someone else use it as anergument then is invalid? Pff, cheap.

I also think the way this could be implemented is pretty plainly obvious. There are already existing mechanics and gameplay similar to everything OP is talking about, so nothing OP is talking about is all that strange.

Yes, it's so obvious that you need to rewrite the entire OP to make it valid.

I'm done with this to be honest, I don't work on DE and I'm not sure why I should keep "defending" my opinion: In my opinion, that kind of base building wouldn't work by a lot of reasons (which I've already stated) and every single game (online, pvp or sp) is doomed to be forgotten without community maintenance in form of fixes, mods or private servers, unless dev team worked to a neckbreaking speed to produce content to keep the game alive (which is what DE does).

You are free to disagree, but I #*!%ing hate your pedantic walls of text and I've felt compeled to reply until this point.

14 hours ago, MukuroZodiac said:

to begin with, its quite clear that warframe doesnt have that much endgame contents, and it will eventually get bored after a 5-hour ST run. So I would like to suggest an idea, which is to give the open worlds more contents, starting from adding more flora and faunas, where you can harvest/hunt them to build bases in every possible part of the open world (there could be a limited amount of structures). Mining and hunting in the vicinity of your base can yield some extra rewards, you can also craft furniture too. To make it more crazy, building turrets and sentries could be made possible, and enemies will try to capture your base, there will be alerts when it happens, if you dont repair the base, the whole foundation will be completely destroyed and you have to build them from scratch.

i know it sounds stupid but, y'know, just wanna share some of my ideas, my point is to make the game "slow down" a bit, hopefully this might inspire DE sth...

I disagree regarding the endgame but that's another topic. I see where you're going with this but you have to take a harder look at the game's agenda board before we dive into new types of elements. 

First, the first two open worlds are very immersive for players who are that far behind in the game. There are far fewer tridolon champions than you may realize so PoE is very much highly played. You may have defeated them but a great many consider them near impossible endgame raid bosses...especially for those who stay away from YouTube walkthroughs. Fortuna has also kept treasure seekers busy as they try to find out what the turbine codes do and why some caves have laser barriers and alarm control terminals.

Further along players still have only scratched the surface of Deimos and I know players who absolutely FEAR Railjack and Steel Path's difficulties. Hopefully you understand it from DE's perspective: there are simply not enough players at your endgame level. If it was then DE would definitely try ideas like yours.

You may be done but millions aren't.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna revive this and ask nicely to anyone to not spoil stuff, but now this idea could work even with backlash as something entirely optional and without "issues" like temporary bases, since we have some sort of foundations to work on rather than just speculation.

Archived