Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Warding Thurible actually good

MistressMoonpaw

Heres my idea for a rework of this otherwise pretty lame augment:

Warding Thurible charges 500% slower (so the protection actually matters. Right now you charge it for 2-3 seconds and then thats it). Allies affected by your thurible trigger 15% of the effect per kill. The energy drain would be 500% slower too.

As it is right now the augment is useless pretty much. Unless you wanna deplete your entire tank of energy to have the protection effect up for 4-6 seconds or so

Currently, warding thurible buffs the energy restore once the ability ends, scaling with how much damage allies take while Harrow is spinning.

For example, lets say that spinning for 10 seconds will make the energy gain into 10 energy per kill. If Harrow had the augment on, and allies were taking damage during those 10 seconds, the energy gain might be 132 per kill instead. 

The way it is now, the more damage your allies are taking, the less winding up you have to do since the energy gain reward will scale much faster. Your change would effectively turn harrow into a wind bot, at which case I might as well run trinity since her team defense buff is a lot quicker and I can get back to playing the game.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Ragology said:

Currently, warding thurible buffs the energy restore once the ability ends, scaling with how much damage allies take while Harrow is spinning.

For example, lets say that spinning for 10 seconds will make the energy gain into 10 energy per kill. If Harrow had the augment on, and allies were taking damage during those 10 seconds, the energy gain might be 132 per kill instead. 

The way it is now, the more damage your allies are taking, the less winding up you have to do since the energy gain reward will scale much faster. Your change would effectively turn harrow into a wind bot, at which case I might as well run trinity since her team defense buff is a lot quicker and I can get back to playing the game.

yea but since they recently increased the charge up speed anyway, equipping the mod doesnt really matter anyway, it takes 2 seconds to gain enough energy per kill, and maybe, just MAYBE one or 2 allies take 1 instance of damage, making a 05-1 energy per kill difference. Not worth it if you ask me. Im not a fan of pointless mods/things in the game. We have enough of those already

I think most of the reason for the augment's existence was to give Harrow players some feeling of contribution while stuck in Thurible's long cast.  Now that that's been reduced, to me it seems  backwards to address the augment's weakness by lengthening the channel again. 

I don't know, do some people actually find Thurible swinging so engaging  they want to extend it?  I don't, not without making some radical changes to the base ability.

Personally I think it's more logical now to change the augment by extending the duration of some portion of its benefits after it's done channeling. 

Because those benefits bore me, I still don't think I'd use it much.  But I'd at least be tempted, which I wouldn't be if it instead made Thurible take 5x slower.

i think a change on the augment is not a bad idea

i read in this thread good points about to justify a change

but i don't  think

hace 2 horas, MistressMoonpaw dijo:

Warding Thurible charges 500% slower (so the protection actually matters. Right now you charge it for 2-3 seconds and then thats it). Allies affected by your thurible trigger 15% of the effect per kill. The energy drain would be 500% slower too.

that would be a worth change

may i suggest: "Thurible will grant damage reduction while its active(including after channeling) and reducing damage to harrow himself or his allies will increase the energy/per/kill of thurible"

so we could tap the 3rd ability, i mean channel it for the lowest time, don't lost the damage reduction(maybe with a condition to channel atleast 2seconds to get to 90% with 130strengh if DE think this needs balance) and activelly charge the ability with allies help

24 minutes ago, FacuNeko said:

but i don't  think

may i suggest: "Thurible will grant damage reduction while its active(including after channeling) and reducing damage to harrow himself or his allies will increase the energy/per/kill of thurible"

so we could tap the 3rd ability, i mean channel it for the lowest time, don't lost the damage reduction(maybe with a condition to channel atleast 2seconds to get to 90% with 130strengh if DE think this needs balance) and activelly charge the ability with allies help

also a good idea, but i wouldnt want it to be too strong either

4 hours ago, FacuNeko said:

but i don't  think

4 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

also a good idea, but i wouldnt want it to be too strong either

it could be as simple as letting the DR last the duration of thurible and keeping the higher strength requirement. those mods and the augment would be worse than gara's 2 but its DR on harrow and those around him so it feels like it would be balanced in that case and it can give harrow some more options/build variety for what you want to do.

Archived