Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unnecessarily low reactant drop rates forcing players to stop and wait. Why?

Larsurus

Edit: Might be a spawn issue based on tileset? See bottom.

Why are void relic reactant drops so inconsistent between timed missions and non-timed missions? Why is this even a thing considering you more or less throw reactants at us on quick missions like rescue and capture because you know they are quick missions? But when it comes to actually timed/endless missions like defence and excavation, you lower the drop rates drastically to the point that we sometimes barely make it? Excavation being the prime example of unnecessarily extending mission time far beyond what it should normally take, forcing players to actually stop playing the mission and WAIT for drops. 

Excavation is also the one mission I believe has the biggest percentage of failed relic openings due to players simply playing the mission as it is designed. We call the excavators, we power them and we defend them, just like mama Lotus wants us to. But no, we need stop half way through and wait for reactants for some unexplainable reason. All it takes is one player, new or old, just playing the mission as designed, accidentally powering the last excavator and BOOM, no relics for anyone.

The lack of drops is forcing us to stop doing the thing we should be doing, namely powering the excavators. It's almost akin to telling us to stop killing mobs on an extermination mission. Or don't rescue the hostage on a rescue mission.

This artificial scarcity of reactant drops needs to be looked at, especially on excavation missions since it does nothing but irk players. Even more so when enemy spawns bug out and everyone ends up running across the whole map looking for enemies that refuse to appear until minutes later.

I'd be playing void excavation more if I knew finding reactant wasn't such a obvious hassle and hindrance for this mission type.

Good solution: Raise the drop chance so that we can play the mission normally and without having to stop and wait.

Less good solution: Since the void mission type takes longer than it normally should for reactant drop reasons alone, then extend the actual gameplay to cover the time and reduce the risk of relic failure to the same level as other missions. 

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Interestingly enough, I just played a mission on Venus where spawns/drops were frequent and with no obvious down time. Got consistent drops without having to really wait. The mission that spawned this topic took place on Mars. So question is: is it better or worse depending on tileset?

Edit 2: I meant reactants, not traces (though traces are pretty bad too in some cases).

Every mission type seems to have a specific arbitrary drop chance rate, with extermination and capture appearing to have the highest drop rates.

Other game modes are not particularly well adjusted. Particularly endless types - the drop rate is far lesser and tend to be just baaaaarely enough for a single round.

Main reason why I refuse to do interception, defense and excavation fissures, even solo. Reactant is bad in a group, it's worse solo. 

There's a similar issue in lower level missions with capture for example. The tryhards that like to have the most kills and highest damage killing enemies before they're corrupted. So we have to backtrack hoping to find enemies without that person being around us. a 60-90s capture taking 3-4 minutes because of them.

Then the other issue, matchmaking putting us in a group the moment an objective is completed. Group has 10 and on the way to extraction, the person that joins late struggles or just leaves (this is what I do) since there's no point in hoping a group will wait.

Hello Noble Tenno Larsurus,

"Low void trace" and "Might be a spawn issue based on tileset?" : Personnally Is stopped thinking about this because the problem IS linked to the tileset and drop rates :

• Endless have bigger maps + Players don't go pack : Void fissures affect less spawns leading to less VT.
  • Extermination and capture have shorter maps and players tend to stay in pack. Void fissures affect more spaws leading to more VT.

My personnal solution :

1. ESO to get radiant, Radiant in random volt-quick missions to get 5 extra VT when others players select your reward. A bit less time consuming...
  2. Only do intact kuva requiem as endless because players tend to pack more unlike excavation or survival.

PS : The global rise of AoE weapons leading to dummies that shots at units before they get corrupted is also a big problem... I often quit teams when they ask me "how do I know they are corrupted ?" :facepalm:

Lol had me confused for a minute there…

you mean Reactant, not Void Traces (those are what you get for getting 10 Reactant, with or without a relic equipped.)

The issue I tend to see on endless missions is people killing enemies before a fissure can spawn near them to corrupt them, that and spreading out too much and the fissure spawns being more spread out as a result.

29 minutes ago, Hello said:

Main reason why I refuse to do interception, defense and excavation fissures, even solo. Reactant is bad in a group, it's worse solo. 

There's a similar issue in lower level missions with capture for example. The tryhards that like to have the most kills and highest damage killing enemies before they're corrupted. So we have to backtrack hoping to find enemies without that person being around us. a 60-90s capture taking 3-4 minutes because of them.

Then the other issue, matchmaking putting us in a group the moment an objective is completed. Group has 10 and on the way to extraction, the person that joins late struggles or just leaves (this is what I do) since there's no point in hoping a group will wait.

?

You max reactant out not even halfway through a Defense mission.   The problem with Defense is the exact opposite, in that it takes so long after you max reactant before the next round starts.  Defense is unbearable to me with how long it takes.  Survival to, but at least it's more active so the time passes faster and the timers auto continue instead of waiting however long. 

Interception can often be the same, where you're left holding the points for about 50-25% of the total time remaining after you capped your reactant.     If by some chance you project that you might not get enough reactant,  let 1-3 points get captured.  Though I haven't had that problem in something like over a year.   Guess it depends on how well you / your team are nuking the map spawns before they can get corrupted.

Even if you camped your point (like people should... people keep roaming around letting points get stolen), there's plenty of time after the timer ends to run around to collect the traces, especially if players are considerate and wait to kill the last exterminate target. 

Excavation on the other hand, does have this issue where you cut it close pretty often and of any failed relic run, it's been because of Excavation or Railjack.

Interception is personally my favorite mode for cracking relics.   With a good premade squad, Excavation might be, but I've never experienced that.    I highly value a Time vs Effort vs Reward balance, and most Warframe content isn't rewarding enough to make the cut and feel like it values my time, but Interception relic cracking is one of the things that are decently rewarding enough to do.    Just wish it'd highlight when someone is using a vaulted relic and/or got a vaulted drop. 

2 hours ago, Larsurus said:

This artificial scarcity of trace drops needs to be looked at, especially on excavation missions since it does nothing but irk players. Even more so when enemy spawns bug out and everyone ends up running across the whole map looking for enemies that refuse to appear until minutes later.

I'd be playing void excavation more if I knew finding traces wasn't such a obvious hassle and hindrance for this mission type.

You're absolutely right.  I love excavation fissures, but have kind of stopped playing them due to not wanting to deal with randos charging the excavators too quickly.

Reactant drop rate should definitely be increased for excavation.  Also, for excavation and survival, where the game often leads to players splitting up, I think reactant pickups should be shared across the team, like in RJ void storms.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

Lol had me confused for a minute there…

you mean Reactant, not Void Traces (those are what you get for getting 10 Reactant, with or without a relic equipped.)

The issue I tend to see on endless missions is people killing enemies before a fissure can spawn near them to corrupt them, that and spreading out too much and the fissure spawns being more spread out as a result.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I meant reactants of course. Fixed the OP.

1 hour ago, Kingsmount said:

?

You max reactant out not even halfway through a Defense mission.   The problem with Defense is the exact opposite, in that it takes so long after you max reactant before the next round starts.  Defense is unbearable to me with how long it takes.  Survival to, but at least it's more active so the time passes faster and the timers auto continue instead of waiting however long. 

Interception can often be the same, where you're left holding the points for about 50-25% of the total time remaining after you capped your reactant.     If by some chance you project that you might not get enough reactant,  let 1-3 points get captured.  Though I haven't had that problem in something like over a year.   Guess it depends on how well you / your team are nuking the map spawns before they can get corrupted.

Even if you camped your point (like people should... people keep roaming around letting points get stolen), there's plenty of time after the timer ends to run around to collect the traces, especially if players are considerate and wait to kill the last exterminate target. 

Excavation on the other hand, does have this issue where you cut it close pretty often and of any failed relic run, it's been because of Excavation or Railjack.

Interception is personally my favorite mode for cracking relics.   With a good premade squad, Excavation might be, but I've never experienced that.    I highly value a Time vs Effort vs Reward balance, and most Warframe content isn't rewarding enough to make the cut and feel like it values my time, but Interception relic cracking is one of the things that are decently rewarding enough to do.    Just wish it'd highlight when someone is using a vaulted relic and/or got a vaulted drop. 

I don't do defense fissures in groups anymore and haven't for a while, but I have tried multiple times solo. The experience is always not enough reactant for the first 2-3 rounds. This was even letting all the enemies spawn and not killing anything until they were at the objective. Same reason interception is bad when solo to clarify again. Not many enemies, even if I only capture 3 points. 

You keep talking about how easy it is in groups and premade squads, but ignored the solo part of my post. 

Archived