Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Contacting Warframe Market seller on console

(PSN)Viveeeh

Question

Okay, probably a silly question, but I just can't figure this out for the life of me.

I'm on the PS5, and trying to contact a seller on Warframe Market, whom I can't find in trade chat. Back on the PS4 I used to write them on PSN, and met up in game. But now I just can't figure it out how to send a message without creating a party with the player in question - this is problematic because due to privacy settings, not everyone can be invited to parties by total strangers. Which I entirely understand, who would... But this way I'm entirely unable to send them any messages. Tried in the mobile app and on the console itself. In Warframe I can't contact someone who isn't online. Can't see a message option on Warframe Market either.

So, yeah. Either I'm missing a totally obvious solution and will bang my head into the wall after finding out about it, or am I the weird one for trying to communicate with strangers?

10 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

this is problematic because due to privacy settings, not everyone can be invited to parties by total strangers.

that's the problem. 

it's on them to open up the privacy settings for invitations, usually who has these privacy settings on for whatever reason they might have...they usually invite YOU in a group to then bring you in the dojo or to Maroo.. 

The best way to go at it is probably to talk about it with the seller on the chat in the app. 

Annoying, yes. but not the end of the world.. (?)

WF.M have a Msg System (or i not understand it)

You can send a Msg to the Seller over WF.M. 

You see the Msg option in the Sellers Profile or when you look for things to buy, behind every offer. 

Btw - you send hin a private Msg Ingame¿

You know how to (/w PLAYERNAME YOUR TEXT)¿

Just to be sure. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)eXe-mplar said:

Btw - you send hin a private Msg Ingame¿

You know how to (/w PLAYERNAME YOUR TEXT)¿

Just to be sure

Oh I forgot about that one! *bangs head into wall*

Okay, this makes it much easier, thanks! I wonder if they receive my message if they aren't in game at the time?

1 hour ago, (PSN)eXe-mplar said:

WF.M have a Msg System

I was searching for an option like that, but cannot find it... Even installed the app, but still nothing (and I'm logged in).

1 hour ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

The best way to go at it is probably to talk about it with the seller on the chat in the app. 

Annoying, yes. but not the end of the world.. (?)

I can't seem to find the chat option in the Warframe Market app, but probably it's just me being me, and it's right in front of me...

I noticed I can send an invitation two ways: from Options / Communication / Friends or Clan, and from the chat, clicking on their name. If I invite someone from chat, they receive my request in PSN, not in Warframe. I guess if they have strict privacy settings, I can't invite them that way. This is what you're referring to?

But yeah, should be easy to solve, if an active seller modified their settings when they're waiting for buyers. Not the end of the world, can be solved, I don't understand why screw up a perfectly working system though?

They won't receive your message if they aren't online in the game. The game will let you know, there will be an instant reply stating "HypotheticalUserx69x is not online" but most players are pretty good about being online in game, if on Warframe Market they say they are online in game. Only a few times have I experienced someone saying otherwise, and its always possible they just logged off and or there was some minor delay with the website status updating. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

They won't receive your message if they aren't online in the game. The game will let you know, there will be an instant reply stating "HypotheticalUserx69x is not online" but most players are pretty good about being online in game, if on Warframe Market they say they are online in game. Only a few times have I experienced someone saying otherwise, and its always possible they just logged off and or there was some minor delay with the website status updating. 

Thanks for the info!

The username in your example is a nice touch 😄

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Viveeeh:

Oh I forgot about that one! *bangs head into wall*

Okay, this makes it much easier, thanks! I wonder if they receive my message if they aren't in game at the time?

I was searching for an option like that, but cannot find it... Even installed the app, but still nothing (and I'm logged in).

If he is offline, he do not get the msg (and you get a ingame notification - Player is offline).

WF.M Apps are third Party. If i use it mobile, i use PWA. For iOS its garbage, Android seems to work but no experience with the Android App.

When i am Home, i use the PC. 

If i click on a user, upper right is PN. 

If i search for a BP f. e.,  on the right in the same line with the user Name is the option to send a PN. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

I'm on the PS5, and trying to contact a seller on Warframe Market, whom I can't find in trade chat.

I suggest using Warframe's in-game chat. You can use     /?      to see the full list of commands available in Warframe's chat. If you want you can use a USB keyboard or PSN Second Screen mobile app to type it faster.

So from my PS4 to talk to you, I would type:

/w Viveeeh Hello world

If you are online in Warframe, no matter what you are doing, you will get the message:

Hello world

If you were on Trade Chat, but got bored and went into a mission, you won't appear in the list of players. But with this, you get the message no matter what.

I also use      /unstuck     a lot during missions. So that's why having a keyboard is handy. Hope that helps!

10 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

If you want you can use a USB keyboard or PSN Second Screen mobile app to type it faster.

I'm planning to get a wireless keyboard now that I started playing Warframe again. This second screen app is a great idea too, didn't know about it! Looks like they didn't make one for PS5, only PS4, unfortunately. Doesn't matter, I'll just get a cheap keyboard.

Archived