Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does effective health work?

BioFrequency

Question

I'm trying to reach a full understanding of how effective health works in Warframe. 

I understand that your Armor value effects how much damage each health point can absorb. But I can't seem to wrap my head around *what* that means?

So for example, lets say you have a warfare with 300 Health and 700 Armor 

This provides an effective health of 1,000

If i'm understanding this right, does this mean that all 300 health points can take up to 3.33 (repeating) points of damage?

If I take 1 damage 300 times without any healing source - does that kill me? ie: do I lose a health point even if it doesn't reach the maximum damage threshold of 3.33? 

Inversely does that mean if I take 2 damage 299 times does that mean I am left with 1 HP left? 

Please help me understand this. 

12 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, BioFrequency said:

I understand that your Armor value effects how much damage each health point can absorb. But I can't seem to wrap my head around *what* that means?

Armor is simply damage reduction (to Health only), it's not a layer of protection
like Shields or e.g. Iron Skin provide, that gets chipped away / needs to get broken through.

You can hover over the Armor stat in the Arsenal
(or do the math for in-mission buffs, see the Wiki for details on abilities etc)
to find out the % of damage reduction you get.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Armor is simply damage reduction (to Health only), it's not a layer of protection
like Shields or e.g. Iron Skin provide, that gets chipped away / needs to get broken through.

You can hover over the Armor stat in the Arsenal
(or do the math for in-mission buffs, see the Wiki for details on abilities etc)
to find out the % of damage reduction you get.

So Armor has an upper limit to what % of damage reduction it can provide? It so what is that limit? 

6 minutes ago, BioFrequency said:

So Armor has an upper limit to what % of damage reduction it can provide? It so what is that limit? 

Hm? Where are you getting a limit from?

Like, the only limit (that I can see) would be how far Armor values can go in the engine that Warframe uses.

2 hours ago, BioFrequency said:

Does it ? 🤔

2 hours ago, (XBOX)revolutionassas said:

Modded hp*(armor+300)\armor (or the armor formula^-1)+shields*25%(shields*100/75) dr

So that would be :

300 * (1000 + 300)\1000 = 390 EHP ?

2 hours ago, BioFrequency said:

If i'm understanding this right, does this mean that all 300 health points can take up to 3.33 (repeating) points of damage?

If I take 1 damage 300 times without any healing source - does that kill me? ie: do I lose a health point even if it doesn't reach the maximum damage threshold of 3.33? 

Inversely does that mean if I take 2 damage 299 times does that mean I am left with 1 HP left? 

I don't think you're understanding EHP right.... Hence I don't Understand the questions you are asking here....

Besides... We've gone beyond the point of Armor these days.... Now it's all about Damage Reduction....

Armor gives a damage reduction equal to armor / (armor + 300). For example, at 300 armor, you have 300 / 600 = 50% damage reduction. At 700 armor, you have 70% damage reduction. His (armor + 300 / armor) multiplier was incorrect; since you have 70% damage reduction, you take 30% damage from most sources; this means that your effective health is 300 (base health) * (1 / 0.3) = 1000.

Effective Health (ignoring other sources of damage reduction) = Modded health * (armor + 300) / 300, not (armor + 300) / armor.

3 hours ago, BioFrequency said:

I'm trying to reach a full understanding of how effective health works in Warframe. 

EHP tells you how much raw damage, prior to armor or anything else, you can take before dying. If I have a gun that does 100 damage per shot, 1000 armor gives you 70% damage reduction, so if I shoot you, you will take 30 damage from my 100-damage gun.

That means that even though you only have 300 hp, I have to hit you ten times with my 100-damage gun to wear down your 300 hp. 100 damage * 10 shots to kill you = 1000 effective hp.

hace 4 horas, (PSN)BillyBobJoeBro1 dijo:

Armor gives a damage reduction equal to armor / (armor + 300). For example, at 300 armor, you have 300 / 600 = 50% damage reduction. At 700 armor, you have 70% damage reduction. His (armor + 300 / armor) multiplier was incorrect; since you have 70% damage reduction, you take 30% damage from most sources; this means that your effective health is 300 (base health) * (1 / 0.3) = 1000.

Effective Health (ignoring other sources of damage reduction) = Modded health * (armor + 300) / 300, not (armor + 300) / armor.

Ye thats the one, sorry, was a bit asleep so I was a bit rushy while typing and didnt check the formula propperly

hace 4 horas, Lutesque dijo:

Does it ? 🤔

So that would be :

300 * (1000 + 300)\1000 = 390 EHP ?

I don't think you're understanding EHP right.... Hence I don't Understand the questions you are asking here....

Besides... We've gone beyond the point of Armor these days.... Now it's all about Damage Reduction....

Ye I messed up on the formula, did it w/o the wiki, one can forget one number

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)revolutionassas said:

Ye I messed up on the formula, did it w/o the wiki, one can forget one number

It's fine....I never bothered with the Formulas anyway.... I just need to know which mod to put on.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case.... In my experience... The Magic Number appears to be 500 Armor.... 

If you can Not achieve this value in a Single Slot then it's not worth modding for Armor... On top of that there's not much Difference going above 500 Armor either unless you hit like 3 000 Armor 👀...

Archived