Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we just get rid of the mission start cinematic?

Bluemillion

I proposed having an option to auto-skip these a long while ago. They're really annoying. The bug that prevents you from skipping them that happens maybe 50% of the time is borderline game ruining cus by the time you're through the damn cutscene the rest of the squad is halfway through the mission.

I hate these cutscenes. I've seen them so many times that if I was a good artist I could probably draw a frame perfect animation of each of them from memory. They're a massive waste of time after you've seen them each over 1000 times. They're not even a load buffer. They do nothing but accelerate the degradation of whatever button you're using to skip them, and make the game just an outright worse experience when they bug out which happens WAY too often.

We should have the option to toggle them off. And only be forced to see them the first time on every mission node, relay, town, exct. Beyond that point the immersiveness they add is superceded by how ungodly annoying they are.

I'm sure they could cut them out, but I think we'd just be looking at a blank screen or a big banner saying "PLEASE WAIT" or a loading bar instead.  I can just see the patchnote: 

"We've heard you.  The dull and outdated mission arrival scenes have been removed, allowing us to extend the intense and immersive space travel ship wiggling mini-game instead.  Fly free, Tenno!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-04-10 at 8:42 AM, Tiltskillet said:

I'm sure they could cut them out, but I think we'd just be looking at a blank screen or a big banner saying "PLEASE WAIT" or a loading bar instead.  I can just see the patchnote: 

"We've heard you.  The dull and outdated mission arrival scenes have been removed, allowing us to extend the intense and immersive space travel ship wiggling mini-game instead.  Fly free, Tenno!"

This would only be the case if the cut scene was actually a loading buffer.

But it isn't.

It doesn't do anything but look pretty and make the game more immersive the first few times you see it. After that it's just annoying, repetitive, and a pointless wear on whatever you skip cutscene button is. The game just breaks and doesn't allow you to skip it a lot of the time because multiplayer is endlessly buggy. And spamming the button to skip it gets old fast. It doesn't force you to watch it for any reason. It's a bug when that happens. It's nothing but a buggy annoyance after you've played a couple hundred missions.

On 2022-04-09 at 11:22 PM, DarkSkysz said:

Yes. Because its the only way you can see the grate prime (if you are lucky to find the person who bought it).

O.O I never knew this was a thing, you've just opened a world to me.

I personally like the animation. I hate when people skip those for bosses, for example. And it's much better than a loading screen.

Am 9.4.2022 um 21:12 schrieb Bluemillion:

It's annoying to have to skip it even when you DON'T get the bug that keeps you from skipping it. Is it really CRUCIAL to watch everyone drop out of a vent?

yes. there should be option to skip that. if you play this game for 1+ year then u saw everything.

same with trash talk from npc. but u can disable that in sound menu.

On 2022-04-20 at 3:52 PM, PollexMessier said:

make the game more immersive the first few times you see it.

Opposite for me

grate falls on floor, warframes drop down

after scene ends I turn around and look up

there's no AC duct where that grate could have possibly fallen from

we're in a totally dead end room with no openings anyplace

Really annoying and immersion breaking.

9 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Opposite for me

grate falls on floor, warframes drop down

after scene ends I turn around and look up

there's no AC duct where that grate could have possibly fallen from

we're in a totally dead end room with no openings anyplace

Really annoying and immersion breaking.

Ah. yeah that's true.

Really strange that there isn't. That's a pretty simple detail to include.

Not an issue with the outdoor animation tho.

Also pretty immersion breaking is the lack of an airlock in extraction in space-bound tile sets, where you ship just yeets off and leaves an open hole into deep space in the extraction room. Though that animation is actually a loading buffer I believe so not relevant to the topic. It is a lot more noticeable than the lack of a vent tho.

7 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Ah. yeah that's true.

Really strange that there isn't. That's a pretty simple detail to include.

Not an issue with the outdoor animation tho.

Also pretty immersion breaking is the lack of an airlock in extraction in space-bound tile sets, where you ship just yeets off and leaves an open hole into deep space in the extraction room. Though that animation is actually a loading buffer I believe so not relevant to the topic. It is a lot more noticeable than the lack of a vent tho.

Well if I really want to nitpick. the outdoor animations bring up the "why don't we take the eagles?" issue.

If the Landing Craft can just drop us out of the sky, why not do it closer to the objective? In fact for most maps, there's a Convenient Landing Pad just 1-2 tiles away from the Objective.... far closer to it than the place we usually get dropped, hmmmmm.....

The airlocks I'm willing to handwave away as 'force fields' or something, considering that Hangar areas and ship cannon ports do the same thing of opening out into space.

On 2022-04-09 at 9:12 PM, Bluemillion said:

It's annoying to have to skip it even when you DON'T get the bug that keeps you from skipping it. Is it really CRUCIAL to watch everyone drop out of a vent?

Theatrics are important, and I love the animations - they give a sense of time and place to the locations.

Archived