Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was there any mention about removing the lock from New War?

Leyvonne

Question

Couldn't watch the dev stream due to Twitch telling me it is at 10:30PM.. but it started around 9PM I think so I missed most of it. I did read the recap page, but didn't see any mention of this so. Did they talk about removing the lock from New War? You know the thing where you are locked out from playing if you can't finish the quest.

9 answers to this question

There was no mention on that, only that they are reviewing the steps and time needed to get new players to New War.

From the overview:

"On the note of The New War requirement, the team is actively streamlining the road to the cinematic quest line for new players. Part of this includes revisiting Junction requirements, such as the “Build a Specter” requirement that offer large time gates for players. Another change is that Tenno who complete the Heart of Deimos Quest for the first time will be rewarded with the necessary Blueprints to craft a Voidrig Necramech, a required part of your Arsenal to play The New War. Keep an eye out for continued improvements in the future!"

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-161-overview

No I don't think so, they talked about slowly removing the barriers to entry for New War though making them easier or dissolving them into other content. One example they provided was crafting specters for a junction can take 8 hours which can slow your progression down so they removed that requirement.

35 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Couldn't watch the dev stream due to Twitch telling me it is at 10:30PM.. but it started around 9PM I think so I missed most of it. I did read the recap page, but didn't see any mention of this so. Did they talk about removing the lock from New War? You know the thing where you are locked out from playing if you can't finish the quest.

There wasn't any mention of a lock, mainly because a lock doesn't exist.

At this stage everyone moaning about there being "a lock" has had multiple offers of help and guidance from fellow Tenno. Some decided to listen to said advice and finished New War, others decided that their time was better spent reposting the same threads over and over and over despite there being a clear warning before the quest began. I believe theres a saying about folks who repeat the same act yet expect different results actually. Regardless, its in your best interest to start realising that the imaginary "lock" will never be removed. Just like with previous quests. You can continue to do nothing and nothing is what you'll find, or, you can look back at all the advice you were likely already given by Tenno who took time out of their day to try to help you and finish New War.

Being locked out of something means having no choice. You still have plenty of choices, its just that so far you chose poorly.

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

There was no mention on that, only that they are reviewing the steps and time needed to get new players to New War.

From the overview:

"On the note of The New War requirement, the team is actively streamlining the road to the cinematic quest line for new players. Part of this includes revisiting Junction requirements, such as the “Build a Specter” requirement that offer large time gates for players. Another change is that Tenno who complete the Heart of Deimos Quest for the first time will be rewarded with the necessary Blueprints to craft a Voidrig Necramech, a required part of your Arsenal to play The New War. Keep an eye out for continued improvements in the future!"

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-161-overview

Thank you. I meet the requirements, just don't want to start the quests and get locked in if I can't finish. So I guess I'll keep waiting.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

There wasn't any mention of a lock, mainly because a lock doesn't exist.

At this stage everyone moaning about there being "a lock" has had multiple offers of help and guidance from fellow Tenno. Some decided to listen to said advice and finished New War, others decided that their time was better spent reposting the same threads over and over and over despite there being a clear warning before the quest began. I believe theres a saying about folks who repeat the same act yet expect different results actually. Regardless, its in your best interest to start realising that the imaginary "lock" will never be removed. Just like with previous quests. You can continue to do nothing and nothing is what you'll find, or, you can look back at all the advice you were likely already given by Tenno who took time out of their day to try to help you and finish New War.

Being locked out of something means having no choice. You still have plenty of choices, its just that so far you chose poorly.

So instead of contributing something useful you chose to jump into conclusions, lecture me about not taking help / advice and accepting the quest despite there being a clear warning.. when I haven't started the questline. I won't start it until I can safely try it and return back to normal gameplay if I can't finish it (I have arthritis so no amount of preparing, watching videos or advice is going to help me). Yup, I'm the one who chose poorly.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Nothing was said about removing the lock but I'm pretty sure that to do the new quest and missions you have to have done the New War. 

Yeah, that is what I'm expecting and why I thought they might have said something about it during the stream. I'll just have to wait and see what the status is when the new content comes out.

34 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

So instead of contributing something useful you chose to jump into conclusions, lecture me about not taking help / advice and accepting the quest despite there being a clear warning.. when I haven't started the questline. I won't start it until I can safely try it and return back to normal gameplay if I can't finish it (I have arthritis so no amount of preparing, watching videos or advice is going to help me). Yup, I'm the one who chose poorly.

You do realise your point is built on a foundation of contradiction right?

You try to bring up how someone could jump to conclusions.......... yet you haven't begun the New War (according to posts at least) for the very same reason. If you haven't started it you essentially have zero experience with it, which means you're basing your conclusion about its difficulty on hearsay rather than fact. And whats worse is you based it on an extremely small minority of Warframe Players views. A person can't make a sound argument about why the Sky is actually Green if they've never looked up, as such, your views on difficulty and these imaginary "locks" cant be taken seriously either. You literally don't know. And if thats the case, you jumped to a conclusion yourself about New War with no information of your own. Its a great example of contradiction that could be taught around the World to help folks understand the meaning tbh.

Im sorry about the arthritis, my own Mother has it so trust me I know how debilitating it can get, and I actually do support "adjustments" or " Accessibility Options" being implemented if folks with disabilities literally can't do something, but that doesn't give anyone free reign to make up false details because they "think" they wont be able to do something. Try.

@(PSN)MYKK678 At first you tell me I made a poor choice by starting the mission and getting stuck despite the warning (which I actually didn't do) and now you are telling me I should make that poor choice by starting the mission? And then jump to conclusion again about what I know about New War. To avoid spoilers I'm just going to say this; it requires Railjack and any content involving Railjack has been impossible for me to do so based on that, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to start New War and risking not being able to play the game at all anymore. You acknowledge the fact that the game warns players about not being able to access the rest of the game if they start New War, but then you call it "imaginary lock". The only one here making up false details is you. You literally don't know enough about me to make any judgments or act like you know better.

And with that I bid you farewell.

Archived