Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What sort of augment would you like to see for blood altar?

(PSN)i7081277

I’ve been rocking a blood altar, accumulating whipclaw khora and it has to be like… the best thing ever. I realized however, that I don’t really need as much efficiency as I have and could easily substitute streamline for another augment. Obviously I could use pilfering strangledome but a part of me wonders what DE is going to make for blood altar. I’d love something that improves combo counter build up because that seems to be its main use for both a khora and Garuda build aside from healing! It’s totally unnecessary since khora can already hit enemies for millions with whipclaw and a good riven/ stat stick build but still.

8 minutes ago, Ethorin said:

Ok so, did you see the latest Devstream?

Protection from the Eximi, give Garuda/teammates that if Blood Altar overheals.

Oh fr?? That’s so niche! Also, how does that work, doesn’t blood altar heal based off how much health is missing? I have low strength so this seems pretty useless to me.

Sanguine Eruption: recasting Blood altar whilst it is active causes any existing Blood Altars to explode violently into shrapnel & red mist, dealing slash damage over a large area and knocking down enemies; this allows the altars to double as effective traps for defense purposes, or to clear enemies out of a space.

Bloodsplosions need to be a thing in Warframe.

Ok so, my idea is based on the fact that you have up to x3 blood alters.

What I'd like to see is an augment which gives a high level of damage resistance (in the form of a buff) upward to say 90% scaling with strength, that buff slowly decays over time when outside of a blood alter and comes back on re-entry of a blood alter.

The idea is a playstyle where you set up your alers and pivot between them. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Ok so, my idea is based on the fact that you have up to x3 blood alters.

At first I was thinking: "this person is going to cover whole field with 'spiked' bodies". It would be sick (in good way) thing.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

What I'd like to see is an augment which gives a high level of damage resistance (in the form of a buff) upward to say 90% scaling with strength, that buff slowly decays over time when outside of a blood alter and comes back on re-entry of a blood alter.

The idea is a playstyle where you set up your alers and pivot between them. 

That's sounds nice. Caliban can learn from you.

It would have to be great for me to give up a slot on my build for it.  And it would have to be absolutely stellar to warrant me swapping off of Gloom.  Given Garuda's augment track history, I don't have high hopes for whatever DE eventually releases.

But, and this might not be popular, I do hope that it synergizes with Garuda's kit, even to the point that it has little to no effect on frames using Blood Altar through Helminth.  I think it's kind of gross that Gloom fits better on Protea, Banshee, and Garuda than it ever will on Sevagoth.  And it doesn't sit right with me that Blood Altar is arguably a better fit for Inaros than it is for Garuda.  While I like the Helminth for letting me get rid of atrocious abilities like Frost's 2, I don't like when it excessively compromises a frame's identity, or when a frame's own special power works better on another frame.  Please note that these are just opinions, and they aren't even ones that I hold particularly strongly.  I love Gloom on Banshee and Garuda.  But I wish their kits didn't call for it, if that makes sense.  So whatever happens with a potential/eventual Blood Altar augment, I hope that it fits best with Garuda.

Some ideas:

• +X% power range for Garuda's Dread Ward orb and +X # of targets for Seeking Talons while standing in Blood Altar
  • enemies within the altar's area of effect lose % based HP at a constant, slow drip that directly feeds Garuda's stored Dread Ward damage
  • using Bloodletting within the altar's area deals % based damage to all foes within the altar's area (based on current HP, to avoid spamming)

Archived