Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bountys are to grindy

Penqoin

I have been grinding for the Arum spinosa for 5 hours and still not gotten the rivet. I dont understand why DE cant implement a mechanic that if you have done this mission for x amount of hours you can just pick the reward you want. There is no reason that i have to waste so much time for a weapon that thought looked cool. And eventhought this game is free and you can get everything for free some of the drop chances are insane. This game should not be this grindy and resource heavy.

1 hour ago, Penqoin said:

There is no reason that i have to waste so much time for a weapon

There is reason... for you to buy it for plat.

16 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Well, thats the point of Warframe, everyday we grinding

Like that song that DE made... it was something like "we all grind together"

The (excessive) grind is there to 'encourage' players to buy stuff with plat.... it's been gradually getting worse year and is often made worse by there being literally one node/mission type you need to play for the item you're looking for.

On my experience I seem to have had better drops in the arcana missions (for things like arum spinosa) than I have from just the isolation vaults, the problem is that most public group players don't go and do the arcana missions from a mother near the vault (why this couldn't be launched from mother in hub I have no idea) after doing an isolation vault.  Hell I've been in some public groups and they didn't even know about arcana missions.....

1 hour ago, quxier said:

There is reason... for you to buy it for plat.

Like that song that DE made... it was something like "we all grind together"

i undestand that DE has to make money, but dont they get enough from the skins, prime vaults, color palets and other decorative stuff. The grind and the poorly explained game mechanics make new players quit all the time. So i think its about time to make the grind more barebel so that people can do what they want and not replay the same mission a hundred times just for one weapon they might not even like.

Lets not act like DE is a small indie companie that struggles with money. They are a multi million dollar company that can deffinetly afford losing a couple thousand dollars on making the grind more barebal

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Try trade chat, or warframe.market 

Only 5 hours? That's pretty quick in Warframe terms.

Thats the problem, the only worth while thing in the game is to farm plat. There is no point in farming anything else since it takes to long because of the drop rates are stupid. By only farming plat you could complete the entire game by just experiencing about 30% of it. Warframes solution for the grind is to get plat, but i think its a massive flaw in game design. Because its not like DE is a poor indie company, they get more then enough money from warframe deluxe skins, customizations and prime vaults. So why cant they just eaze the grind to make the community happier.

And that 5 hours is pretty quick in warframe terms tells you alot about why new players quit.

35 minutes ago, Penqoin said:

i undestand that DE has to make money, but dont they get enough from the skins, prime vaults, color palets and other decorative stuff. The grind and the poorly explained game mechanics make new players quit all the time. So i think its about time to make the grind more barebel so that people can do what they want and not replay the same mission a hundred times just for one weapon they might not even like.

Lets not act like DE is a small indie companie that struggles with money. They are a multi million dollar company that can deffinetly afford losing a couple thousand dollars on making the grind more barebal

I'm not sure if they have "enough money" but this is what some people buys. I only buy (using only in game money) frames, weapons or some smaller stuffs that's harder to grind like mods or arcanes. I rarely care about skins or decorative stuffs (but I'm still waiting for Xaku's deluxe skin). If those stuffs were easily grindable then I wouldn't had to grind those stuffs. People would rarely sell stuffs and people that uses real money wouldn't have place to spend it. Sure, you can have prime access and other stuffs but those costs a lot money. However, for example, prime frames costs max 100 plat on average (after some time of course). So people would have to pay e.g. 20 dollars for each frames. Or just play game. In both cases it would yield much less profit from players. In current situations I cannot spend so much money for such little gain (50 dollars is like WHOLE new game in my country, and that costs 1/10 of minimal wage per month). If there more expensive yet easier to get then even people like me wouldn't consider paying.

ps. I agree with you about making limits (e.g. 10 radiant relics to get all parts) but this is something they have to calculate. It has too little gain for them to make this issue top priority.... sadly.

Think of it like this way: 

You have goal so you have reason to play. 

At least that's how I see it all the time because sometimes I'm about to get bored and then remember that I want this or that so I go grind... Also you can try doing other things for a while and do that bounty like once a day so you don't get burned but still get chance everyday.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah I need one part to rebuild ash.... just so it can be eaten 🙄  No I'm not going out of my way to do that lol.

Me too but... I'm not going to do that mission nor pay 375 plat for one ability (why we cannot buy abilities...).

18 hours ago, LSG501 said:

On my experience I seem to have had better drops in the arcana missions (for things like arum spinosa) than I have from just the isolation vaults

That's because they use Different Drop Tables....

If you check the Wiki or DE's own Drop Table Data... You'l find that all the Damage Necramech Weapon Parts have Double the Drop Chance on the Arcana Bounty when compared to the Iso Vaults....

18 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Hell I've been in some public groups and they didn't even know about arcana missions.....

I've been trying to spread The Word....

But it's hard since even the game Itself does not use the term "Arcana" Anywhere.... 😱

16 hours ago, Penqoin said:

I undestand that DE has to make money, but dont they get enough from the skins, prime vaults, color palets and other decorative stuff.

Apparently not.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All I can say is... For my Main Account.... If I have some of the parts of the thing I'm Grinding for already.... Im never going to buy the thing.... I'd rather let the grind break me to the point of Quitting....

Classic Sunk Costs Fallacy.... 

I don't think the Size Matters...

Larger Companies have Larger Upkeep Costs.... DE is no less likely to Crumble than an Indie Company....

The only Difference is.... With so much to loose... Larger Companies don't Experiment as often as Smaller Ones....

And that 5 hours is pretty quick in warframe terms tells you alot about why new players quit.

Another reason why this happens is.... You never know when The RNG is screwing you over until it's already too late..... By then the game has already Stolen 5 Hours from you that you will never get back....and all you have to show for it is Duplicates of Necramech Seismic Wave and Theorem Arcanes.... LoL... 🤣

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah I need one part to rebuild ash.... just so it can be eaten 🙄  No I'm not going out of my way to do that lol.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

Me too but... I'm not going to do that mission nor pay 375 plat for one ability (why we cannot buy abilities...).

Did yall forget about The Smoking Body Ephemera ?

That requires you to get another Ash Systems to craft it and you can't Buy your way out of that one....

Either Grind or Go Smoke Free... 😝

On 2022-04-25 at 7:49 AM, Lutesque said:

Did yall forget about The Smoking Body Ephemera ?

That requires you to get another Ash Systems to craft it and you can't Buy your way out of that one....

Either Grind or Go Smoke Free... 😝

Unless it's Xaku Deluxe skin or Sarpa's skin I don't think I would bother with another stuffs. On other hand Helminth is useful, even with not great abilities.

Archived