Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Thrax enemies are too broken to enjoy

Damocles

2 hours ago, Damocles said:

I should add now that compounding the content whereby we need to be in operator (excuse me, forced to be in operator), we leave our frame behind to catch stray magnetic proccs. Was this always a thing?

yup. happens in eidolon fights if you dont have arcane null or arent revenant.

100% on board with removing that disgustingly broken magnetic proc.

The Arcane that specifically prevents Magnetic procs doesn't stop it. 

It drains 100% Shields and Energy.

It can be applied to your Warframe while you're in Operator mode, I have on multiple occasions come out to zap the ghost and go back to my frame with no Energy or Shields and get instantly popped.

They can literally spawn behind you and fire the beam at your back before you even get a chance to detect them.

They will often spawn offscreen and teleport on top of you.

I have 2 clips currently, 1 where I get shot from offscreen and can't even locate the Thrax that shot me when I turn to find it and a second one where the proc hits me out of the blue.

Tldr, just get rid of that stupid magnetic proc. What was the point of fixing the Leeches if you were just going to make an even more oppressive version of it?

38 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

What was the point of fixing the Leeches if you were just going to make an even more oppressive version of it?

True, I'd much rather have that 1-2 energy per second drain over a savage death sentence. We never truly appreciate what we have until it's gone

My only question is why do they have Overguard? 

Overguard is supposed to be weak to void damage. But they already have their ephemeral form in which overguard is weak to so if it isn't for void damage what's the purpose of it? Since void damage it already laughable against oveguard compared to just hitting with a gunblade. Is it supposed to act like a health bar to cheat how much health/armor a unit can have based on their level?(

It was also supposed to be introduced for eximus units so why is an "end-game" unit, Thraxes (what should the plural form of Thrax be? 'es, 'is' or unchanged?) getting the same overguard treatment as uncommon eximus enemies?

I also dislike how you can't use regular measures to deal with defense to take care of overguard, people are saying that limbo has been taken out the dumpster but what about one of my more favorite frames Nyx and psychic bolts? It says "Strip some enemy defenses" And DE specifically stated overguard was a defense yet the synergy doesn't exist at all, I know the ambiguity of the word some in the bolts' description along with descriptions not always be exact which makes it hard to determine the exact effect but why is it like this??? I hate it.

One thing I can give overguard/ its ephemeral form credit for is that it ensures that I am not missing out on the thrax plasm drops since I already have them all needed for crafting (other than some for Gyre going into helminth) and it doesn't become the bottleneck in Zariman for me.

The magnetic attacks is something interesting and unique. But a bit bugged in its current state with how it isn't treated as a magnetic proc for the purposes of status effect and it be a guaranteed proc when it hits you instead of being a chance.

The drops from Thrax units are also nice along with how it is tied nicely into the gamemodes.  Along with how balanced the ephemeral form is.

I still enjoy the challenge they provide and the endgame rewards they drop that are somehow more rewarding than the actual rewards given for the missions. Although I would really love if the magnetic procs issue is sorted out since DE hasn't commented on it being a bug or not and if Overguard is addressed somehow preferably removed and re-introduced in a more balanced state in terms of CC, Void damage and which enemies it is granted to. 

On 2022-04-30 at 9:36 PM, Hobie-wan said:

I keep seeing people talk about a delay switching to and from operator but am not experiencing it. 

There definitely is a new delay added to going in and out of operator mode(comparing to when I was host in old mode).  You are lucky if you are not bothered by it.  Operator is slower in general. Abilities are slow. Void sling is slow. Transfering is slow.

I miss void dash and void blast. They were smooth and snappy.

On 2022-05-02 at 3:48 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

you mean people have to actually take the initiative and attack rather than sit behind protection and wait? again it is silly.

If that's the Case then....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Remember.... You asked For This.... 👀

23 hours ago, KasTransGenderGas said:

the centurion leap is extremely telegraphed and you can easily roll out of the way if you're paying attention

Indeed you can.... But it will Drain your Energy Regardless....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Frendh said:

You are lucky if you are not bothered by it.  Operator is slower in general. Abilities are slow. Void sling is slow. Transfering is slow.

It's not though....

Whatever Delay people are Talking about is purely in their Heads as far as I can Tell... 🤔

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Whatever Delay people are Talking about is purely in their Heads as far as I can Tell... 🤔

I mained (past tense) rhino. I used to run magus anomaly, the sucky sucky arcane that pulls enemies towards me so that I can rhino charge and build my armor stacks. The pull isn't necessarily strong, but it was so spammable that I'm basically a black hole. You can spam it AS FAST AS YOU CAN PRESS TRANSFERENCE back then. Now comparing it to what it is after the update, enemies just walk away from me. I can't spam it enough to make the arcane do its one job. I'm not imagining the speed here, the game is telling me: "I am no longer switching in and out of operator fast enough" "I should not be using magus anomaly anymore". The operator switch nerf turned me from a black hole, to a door-to-door solicitor trying to get mobs to come see what I'm selling.

Tell me how I'm imagining this change

On 2022-05-11 at 3:54 PM, Lutesque said:

It's not though....

People are relaying their experience.  And you are saying their experience is wrong based on your experience.  Show some data.

I spam the buttons and nothing happens until a certain amount of time has passed. It is not the same as before. I am happy for you that you have not noticed it so you can keep enjoying your gameplay.

• 2 months later...
On 2022-04-30 at 9:36 PM, Hobie-wan said:

I keep seeing people talk about a delay switching to and from operator but am not experiencing it. I am playing all the new stuff solo so far, or maybe some people are having some sort of loading lad if they are using a non-SSD or have less PC or video memory or something? Not that my PC is exactly new, but the only stutters I see are when entering some of the newer larger Zariman rooms and then it's only a fraction of a second.

operator switching went from almost instant to an animation

if you would have used operator a lot before as I did, you would have noticed this right away. I noticed it within the first 2 minutes of switching in and out of operator when they made this change a few months back

(non)- SSD or video memory has nothing to do with this, not sure how and with what technical knowledge you came to this suggestion

9 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

(non)- SSD or video memory has nothing to do with this, not sure how and with what technical knowledge you came to this suggestion

Because a lack of memory and slow storage can mean slowness loading the different textures and effects while stuff gets spooled to virtual memory. But I was just spitballing.

On 2022-05-12 at 11:51 PM, Frendh said:

People are relaying their experience.  And you are saying their experience is wrong based on your experience.  Show some data.

No I'm saying they are wrong because they Confuse Cooldown with Delays.... 

Using those two Terms Interchangeably isn't going to get you what you want....

13 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Because a lack of memory and slow storage can mean slowness loading the different textures and effects while stuff gets spooled to virtual memory. But I was just spitballing.

I could only imagine that Warframe is loading textures and effects while loading the mission(to RAM or VRAM, depending on availability) and not during mission, that would be a very bad idea in terms of performance.

Loading textures/models on demand would always result in latency when processing real-time as RAM is magnitudes faster than SSD. Also before loading into V-RAM textures and models are loaded either into heap or stack memory(depending on size and optimization), but generally from there it goes into the cpu caches and into registers where it is actually pushed towards V-RAM. I'm not sure about that last part as I was lacking the knowledge at the time so I never actually debugged the cpu on those function calls, but unless there is an instruction used to bypass them, it will work in that manner.

Now my knowledge could be off since the last time I have done core 3D programming was in 2013 and I have since then focused on low-latency/high frequency data processing, but I'm guessing most mechanics and hardware architecture are in general still the same.

If a user does not have enough RAM+VRAM to hold the textures and models used during a mission, that person should not be playing this game, period.

In any case, I can tell you that an actual delay has been added to switching in and out of operator mode so none of this above actually applies in this situation :D

On 2022-07-17 at 2:55 AM, BlackVortex said:

If a user does not have enough RAM+VRAM to hold the textures and models used during a mission, that person should not be playing this game, period.

In any case, I can tell you that an actual delay has been added to switching in and out of operator mode so none of this above actually applies in this situation :D

This game can run on some pretty low spec computers, but there are people playing on potatoes.

Also, you do realize you replied to a 2 month old thread and DE did already comment on the delay after this thread was started, said it was unintentional, and they were working on it? So even my spitballing from the time is very old.

Archived